CFO 2011 ride routes & maps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gramps for getting this posted. On Saturday last year a few of us dis the "Scoonie" Highlights ride that one really connected a bunch of quality roads :good: The originator of that route is the former rallymaster of the Bonzai and resident of SW Wisconsin his name for that one is "Sport-Touring Sex" :eek: , yup it was that good.

Admins, could you please pin this thread, Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which route was it last year that had us taking about a 3 mile stretch of loose gravel?

Which route was it last year that had us taking about a 3 mile stretch of loose gravel?
Narrow it down for me, like what state were you in. I didn't know of any gravel that was in any of the routes.

Consider yourself lucky, I know of a nice road that has a few water crossings. B)

Narrow it down for me, like what state were you in. I didn't know of any gravel that was in any of the routes.

Consider yourself lucky, I know of a nice road that has a few water crossings. B)
Yeah Mike if you can remember let me know & I'll fix it.

It was on last year's Eastern loop ride. Sorry, don't remember at what point it was. Hell, maybe I was just lost too!?!?!?

Yeah...I've never led a group down gravel before...nope never done that...nor did I ever lead said people on an unintentioned gravel hill climb...nope...never did that.

;)

Actually, the few times I've had the pleasure of riding in SW WI alphabet roads...if I've ever encountered gravel while adventuring on new roads, it has always been well worth it...and I'm a gravel weenie.

It was on last year's Eastern loop ride. Sorry, don't remember at what point it was. Hell, maybe I was just lost too!?!?!?
I did go through the routes again & found a few errors which I corrected, but like wheatty said "...if I've ever encountered gravel while adventuring on new roads, it has always been well worth it..."

they can add a little thrill. ;)

I did go through the routes again & found a few errors which I corrected, but like wheatty said "...if I've ever encountered gravel while adventuring on new roads, it has always been well worth it..."

One of the beauties of southern Wisconsin is there are very, very few gravel roads and the ones that are out there usually are not a through road they dead end. The only exception I can think of is the notorious Rustic Road #51, just SE of Maiden Rock. Notorious because at the right time of year there will be a few water crossings. Like you said Gramps that can add a little thrill :huh:

Speaking of Rustic roads here's a link to the Wisconsin RR page Rustic Roads and if your looking for a bit of a challenge and a cool sticker you could give this a try in your spare time Rustic Road Century. If your really interested I've got them all in a gpx file :p

I'm thinking you are talking about county P just north of Westby. Cruzin, Rick Bugntr and myself ran into that too and decided to find a way around it. I think we took County Y south of town to get back to the route. If I remember correctly it was because of construction though. I'll be all over those roads again in about a month. I'll check it out and let Gramps know.

I also hit some gravel on county E just west of where it leaves hwy 95 west of Arcadia. I also found some on hwy 133 north of Potosi. Both of those were a surprise as they were tar when I road them earlier last year. I'd hope they have some nice fresh tar back on them by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

One of the beauties of southern Wisconsin is there are very, very few gravel roads and the ones that are out there usually are not a through road they dead end. The only exception I can think of is the notorious Rustic Road #51, just SE of Maiden Rock. Notorious because at the right time of year there will be a few water crossings. Like you said Gramps that can add a little thrill :huh:
Technically, there are very few gravel roads around here that are through roads, but it isn't all that uncommon to have some stretches that are "temporarily" (read permanently) repaired with gravel. It seems that every time I go on one of the wing rides with my Dad, we end up on a gravel road at some point.

Of course, maybe that's just because they like that ice cream place off county P.

Also, some of the original Google maps I had set up had deteriorated somewhat & required some fixin'.

It looks as though these originals are still on the CFO website. The reworked (updated) maps can be

found here in the 1st post.

Technically, there are very few gravel roads around here that are through roads, but it isn't all that uncommon to have some stretches that are "temporarily" (read permanently) repaired with gravel. It seems that every time I go on one of the wing rides with my Dad, we end up on a gravel road at some point.

Of course, maybe that's just because they like that ice cream place off county P.
Don't forget the Pie!

Don't forget the Pie!
Like I'm going to forget to put my underwear on before my pants :agent:

A nice Guinness oatmeal stout pie ala mode from Gina's is what I'm dreaming about :wub:

IMG_0220.JPG