Hazard/signal system relay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pons

Reaction score
I found the hazard/signal relay on schematic (63) but thats as good as it gets for me. No fuses blown but I don't have signals or hazard lights. Is it the relay in front of battery?? Do I just unplug it and replace it (hope it's that easy) .

I found the hazard/signal relay on schematic (63) but thats as good as it gets for me. No fuses blown but I don't have signals or hazard lights. Is it the relay in front of battery?? Do I just unplug it and replace it (hope it's that easy) .
Do you have taillights and front running lights? If not, then check the hazard lighting fuse. I don't know where the relay is, though, I'll check and get back to ya.

Do you have taillights and front running lights? If not, then check the hazard lighting fuse. I don't know where the relay is, though, I'll check and get back to ya.
evrything works except signal and hazard flasher.

The relay is up in the nose, along with several others, on the right hand side near the bottom of the frame section that holds the meter assembly. ALL the front plastic has to come off to get to it.
I pulled the relay, it's next to where the plug is to disable the windshield auto retract on the '07. It's a DENSO "Turn signal relay model and manufacturer, FE246BH (DENSO)

….Turn signal relay self-cancelling device " also operates the Hazard flasher. Now I need to find one locally.

Yep, based on your symptoms it almost has to be the Hazard/Turn signal relay (aka flasher)

The flasher provides the power to both the Hazard switch and the Turn signal switch, and it gets its power from the same source as the running lights (which are on).

….Turn signal relay self-cancelling device " also operates the Hazard flasher. Now I need to find one locally.
Huh? Self cancelling? Sounds like someone "upgraded" your flasher relay.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bike doesn't come with a self-cancelling unit. It may be "stuck" on cancelled. :) (Euphamism for "busted.")

Yep, based on your symptoms it almost has to be the Hazard/Turn signal relay (aka flasher)
The flasher provides the power to both the Hazard switch and the Turn signal switch, and it gets its power from the same source as the running lights (which are on).

Huh? Self cancelling? Sounds like someone "upgraded" your flasher relay.
Sorry I copied and pasted that from an article I was reading on the FZ which uses same relay. :blink: