UpperCan400 Moto Rally - and NOT the CFR (for me)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's 2 days before CFR, might think about moving it.
It's kinda why I chose that day, that and it's right before fathers day...........if folks were on the way up type thing. That was my thinking anyways............but between my work schedule and that of those who can help out that was the best I could do. I know it wont work for everyone though.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I am seeing (looking at my calendar of events)

June is a very busy month, period.

I'll see whether I can make this Matt...

Huron52 and Karstemp......No problems guys and no pressure. I know how tough it can be to schedule riding let alone day to day stuff! It will run yearly but I hope you can try and make it. A few guys on this forum ran it last year and had a great time.

Karstemp, I still think you should throw an Exalto on the back......you won't regret it and won't have to worry about a tire change at all. don't knock it till ya try it!

Karstemp, I still think you should throw an Exalto on the back......you won't regret it and won't have to worry about a tire change at all. don't knock it till ya try it!
Sorry... not even going there for my own reasons! ;) Hope to catch your rally next year if you do it again.

Perry

Matt, June is a busy time for me, and I don't know if I can make this one, but if I do, it will likely be last minute. I will however try to dig up a couple more riders for you. Is there a deadline date for registration?

Hi Matt, any updates on the rally. I know it seems like there is lots of time left but by the time i wear out a couple of rear tires it`ll be time to go.

It's lookiing like I'm out for CFR so I'll be sending in my registration for this one Matt!

Hi Matt, any updates on the rally. I know it seems like there is lots of time left but by the time i wear out a couple of rear tires it`ll be time to go.

Yep.....I've made a few changes to the rules and I am going to release a bonus location map 12 hours prior to the start via e-mail. It seems like there's lots of time but it goes quickly from and organization standpoint :blink:

Oh, and I lowered the donation amount (to $75) due to the rising cost of gas and a few e-mails I have been receiving (protesting the original cost). I can appreciate the concern but perhaps people don't realize that the donation is the only cost (and tax deductible to two of the benefactors).

Looking forward to seeing you there!!

Matt

It's lookiing like I'm out for CFR so I'll be sending in my registration for this one Matt!
Awesome Bungie!!! I look forward to meeting you! That's too bad about CFR. I plan on leaving Monday morning and pulling an SS1000 on my way out. Although my wife would prefer I have a "riding buddy". :rolleyes: I'm still workin' on it......

Sure you can't make it out?? I'm staying for Tuesday and leaving that night (after the lobster boil) so I can be home by Wed. Wife thinks I'm nut's going that far for one day.......but I tell her "The adventure's in the journey, not just the destination".

Awesome Bungie!!! I look forward to meeting you! That's too bad about CFR. I plan on leaving Monday morning and pulling an SS1000 on my way out. Although my wife would prefer I have a "riding buddy". :rolleyes: I'm still workin' on it......

Sure you can't make it out?? I'm staying for Tuesday and leaving that night (after the lobster boil) so I can be home by Wed. Wife thinks I'm nut's going that far for one day.......but I tell her "The adventure's in the journey, not just the destination".
Ya I'm definitely out for CFR <crap>. New job = no vacation time. Believe me I understand the banzai thing. I've done it a few times :)

Just finished registering and then realized that the start/end point is literally 3km from both my sister and nieces homes. They both live on the 6th Concession! WOO! Place to stay and I can visit my dads grave in Westover. WOOT! Anyway, this will be a good warm up to the Rendezvous Rally in Sept. I've never done a rally before so this will be a learning experience. See ya then!

Matt, June is a busy time for me, and I don't know if I can make this one, but if I do, it will likely be last minute. I will however try to dig up a couple more riders for you. Is there a deadline date for registration?
I would prefer riders to sign up ahead of time, to give me an idea of how much food to buy for the BBQ, but riders can show up the day of no problem. I certainly wouldn't want to discourage anyone from donating to the cause.

I had to change that cause I realized it could blow up in my face.......with the cost of preparing the rally packages and organizing the volunteers to look after scoring, not to mention the food for the BBQ, I have to know numbers well in advance. June 11th at midnight is the deadline. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

Yep.....I've made a few changes to the rules and I am going to release a bonus location map 12 hours prior to the start via e-mail. It seems like there's lots of time but it goes quickly from and organization standpoint :blink:
Change is good Matt but you might want to rethink this 12 hours prior to the start via e-mail thingie as by the time you send them out I`ll be tucked up in some motel checking for bed bugs.

Slo.

Change is good Matt but you might want to rethink this 12 hours prior to the start via e-mail thingie as by the time you send them out I`ll be tucked up in some motel checking for bed bugs.

Slo.

Thinking...............thinking..............OK.............24 hours. That's my final answer. :) :D