GPS Routes?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Born2Ride

Reaction score
Is anyone planning to put together some proposed GPS routes for this event?

I'd be interested in receiving any routes from riders that know this area.

Thanks!

Bob

Just do the TBA ride and experience all of the best roads in the area on Saturday....and maybe win a set of PR2's. Since I said Scott couldn't win and Scott said I damn sure couldn't win...Odds are now at 1 in 9!

glory racing: I'm not too interested in the TBA ride - thanks though. 400 miles is my max per day in the twisties.

twistedcricket: PM sent!

BwanaDik: Thanks for the links!

Cheers,

Bob in Memphis

I can send them out until Wednesday 17:00 Central time...after that I'll be getting my bike ready to leave Thursday.

send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward them over.

OK, this is a rerun of part of the thread from last year. How do I view/run .gpx files that are in my SP 2730? I can see them in the root file of the Garmin when I look at it with my laptop and MS Explorer but how do I see them in the 2730? From "tools" to...where? Or is it in "settings"

I need help, I cannot get the routes to work on my Nuvi 755??? Tried dropping the in GPX folder, no routes, tried sending to device though mapsource, no routes?? Do I need a SD card installed?

Try using a .gdb file

I got my issues solved, apparently the 2730 can read .gdb files but not .gpx. Have to run everything thru POS Mapsource first.

Maybe we need one of those "workshops" for GPS navigation like thay have at that German tractor national rally :lol:

I need help, I cannot get the routes to work on my Nuvi 755??? Tried dropping the in GPX folder, no routes, tried sending to device though mapsource, no routes?? Do I need a SD card installed?
Jeff, Open the route in Mapsource or anything that will send to your GPS.

Send the file. Then disconnect your Nuvi, let it boot to main screen and do the following...

Go to Tools/My Data/Import route from file.

Once this is done, you will now see it listed in custom routes. Now is a good time to rename the route.

Nuvi 7XX manual

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thank I got it I was not importing the data...The long route is more miles on GPS than it is in map source....But I got them on there. Thanks...

I know last year's attempt at more organization was to put route sheets out and sign up sheets by ride leaders with time/place to meet

Was a great idea 'cept the weather turned kinda sour

I should have asked before, but is this the plan again

I don't have a personal plan yet who to link up with and ride. I'd like to get in Push Mountain this year if I could.

See Ya'll there

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

I know last year's attempt at more organization was to put route sheets out and sign up sheets by ride leaders with time/place to meet

I don't have a personal plan yet who to link up with and ride. I'd like to get in Push Mountain this year if I could.

See Ya'll there

Mike in Nawlins'
Huh??? Well I guess if the attendees passed around a sign up sheet last year and didn't tell me, that's a good thing. Although I'm guessing your speaking of another rally. The lack of organization is absolutely on purpose, in case anyone is wondering. I'm not aware that there are any organized rides by the rallymaster at any of the FJR rallies for legal reasons. At least that's what I've always been told.

Last edited by a moderator:

See Ya'll there

Mike in Nawlins'
Huh??? Well I guess if the attendees passed around a sign up sheet last year and didn't tell me, that's a good thing. Although I'm guessing your speaking of another rally. The lack of organization is absolutely on purpose, in case anyone is wondering. I'm not aware that there are any organized rides by the rallymaster at any of the FJR rallies for legal reasons. At least that's what I've always been told.
whoa... I show up at SFO because of this lack of organization. I'm tired of seeing "itineraries". Gimme the GPS routes. I'm an adult (says the state) and I can make up my own mind.

There shouldn't be any sign-up sheets. While you're stuffing your face on Thursday night find out who's riding what route or say "hey, I'm going on this route and I'm leaving at 0800 if any one cares".

let's not mention that "o" word again....it's scary