SFO; On the road

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearly Flying

Reaction score
My buddy Jimmy just phoned , He's leaving Whitecourt , Alberta at 0800. It's a balmy -2 deg C. Should be here in a couple hours.

Bike is pretty well packed, threw in a couple of Alberta Premiums in case of any snake bites.

Will be leaving Ponoka around 10:30 - 11:00, headed South.

Ride safe. I know you've done this trip a "few" times. Look for rain in the Great Plains, but warmer. Phil

Yay, your journey is almost underway! Hope you have a safe trip down, can't wait to see you! Txt me tonight and let me know where you stop at.

Grabbed a motel in Great Falls, fairly cool ride starting out this morning, warmed up to mid 40's, overall not a bad day.
Are you slabbing it from there? If you're taking i-90 to i-29 (to other roads) to get there and are around Omahell, NE Thursday maybe we'll tag along. It depends on how my flu progresses today (Tuesday).

Ride Safe

Will see you in a few. Don. Just pulled into Eureka Springs after outrunning tornados.

---hellcreep

Holy shit Hellcreep,,, You don;t want to be late for the Party eh.....

Made it to Kaycee, Wy. Rain most of the way, temps dropped to around 30 deg F late in the day, started turning to snow. Grabbed a Fleabag motel for the night, hopefully don't get snowed in for a couple days....

My buddy Jimmy wasn't feeling too well. He headed back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
When are you looking at getting into ES? I'm gonna jet down tomorrow afternoon and will be looking to ride (or drink, weather permitting) on Thursday morning.

Wow, you have a thousand miles to go yet. Thanks for telling us about Jim, sorry he couldn't make it. Hope he made it home ok.

Made it to Kaycee, Wy. Rain most of the way, temps dropped to around 30 deg F late in the day, started turning to snow. Grabbed a Fleabag motel for the night, hopefully don't get snowed in for a couple days....

Ride safe solo...

Which way ya comin down?

Kinda stormy in OK this week...

Ride safe solo...

Which way ya comin down?

Kinda stormy in OK this week...
It was very interesting yesterday. This is 1/3 the size of the hail received two mile east of me.

Other than the dozen tornado's the hail actually punctured roofs and did damage to indoor home furniture.

Imagine getting hit with this while riding...

My daughter Hail egg hunting...

Hail.jpg

Ya my little Acura Integra (Son drives) has some nice new "beauty marks". He was bummed looking out the window at these things bouncing off his car (they spared the glass).

I need to get up on the roof tomorrow and do some inspecting.

Man Oklahoma just got tore up the other night! I'm sorry everyone has to go through all this mess. The video of the multi-vortex tornado was just scary as hell. Am really hoping that any rain we get may be the garden variety type, nothing serious and without hail.

Ya my little Acura Integra (Son drives) has some nice new "beauty marks". He was bummed looking out the window at these things bouncing off his car (they spared the glass).
I need to get up on the roof tomorrow and do some inspecting.

Conditions look to be right for more bad weather here.

Please touch base with anyone you know travelling through tornado alley this afternoon/evening.

The hail alone could take a rider off a bike.

Aren't you just Mr Sunshine this morning... :)

I'm going to try and get down to Casper this morning, looks like it's on the eastern edge.

Made it through to Rock Port Missouri,

Getting out of Wyoming was "interesting", Luckily the road surface temp was high enough that ice wasn't a problem.

Met up with Twisted Cricket and Wife today, made short work of the remaining miles.