SFO home safe thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home in one piece. Took a twisty detour that added an hour to my wet ride but it was fun. No performance awards :yahoo:

We made it home about 90 minutes ago. It was clear until I-44 and it only rained for about a mile. Overcast skies. Plenty of opportunities to get performance awards, but thankfully the presenters were already busy handing them out to others.

A wonderful, relaxing long weekend with like-minded people in a twisty town like no other. Truly a gift. Thank you everyone.

I made it fine, got rained on while I was on a twisty detour for a bit. I did fully test the fuel reserve in eastern Kansas though, I can vouch for at least 44.7 miles after the flashing starts.

Got home about 6pm tonight - no performance awards to stack into the house-of-cards that is my 101-deferred-adjudications.

It was sunny and 82 in Ft Smith so I took off the raingear.... only to experience 66 degree torential once in Oklahoma, not 30 minutes later. Flora, fauna & fungi! Woohoo!

;)

Great to hear, my Southern peeps! Now get to posting them pix and RR's, I want to hear stories..

Especially from Petey! :lol:

I arrived home at 4:00 pm.

Rain first hour and 1/2.

Dry roads the rest of the way. :yahoo:

Checked the radar when I got home and it was still raining in Eureka!

Great to hear, my Southern peeps! Now get to posting them pix and RR's, I want to hear stories..
Especially from Petey! :lol:
dcarver, well don't have much of a story.....didn't get a lot of riding in during SFO, in case you didn't hear....IT RAINED A LOT... but then again I do spend a good amount of time/miles in the "Natural State" thru out the year LOL.

On my way home I did have a run in with Fayettville's, AR finest, that accused me of not coming to complete stop...he only gave me a warning...sigh

Make sure you attend SFO next year...surely, it CAN'T rain at SFO three years in the row... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran into constant Rain 20 miles before Lebanon, MO till Kirksville, MO. The increased traffic on the 4 lanes didn't help much but I managed to make it home safe. I pulled in around 8:45PM last night.

I will get the signature logo done tonight for everyone.
I improvised... :)
That's not what it will look like but you can always switch later. There's no point in keeping the copy at the bottom of the logo since it's unreadable. I have several versions of the logo to choose from, but I'm thinking it will look similar to the name tags.

Bambi and I arrived home about 3;30 PM, safe but STILL WET. We did a detour with GPRider to route 123 yesterday, it cleared up for the run and was brilliant!!! Thanks Russ! Poured on us thru the forest and into Hot Springs, finally cleared up into Texarkana. At least we remembered a couple of bottles of wine after last years adventure.

Clear today until we cut across Sam Houston forest, then we almost found another tornado. Drenched until Conroe, clear the last 5 miles! Oh well.....

Looking forward to next year, had a great time despite the rain!!!!