Elena Myers becomes first female AMA road race winner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
Randy already addressed this elsewhere as a follow-up within in his original post about Elena from last September when he brought her to our attention. But I thought it deserved its own headline, maybe 'cause she's local and she did it locally:

----------------------------------

SONOMA, CA, MAY 15: History was made when 16-year-old Elena Myers (Suz) became the first female to win an AMA Pro Racing race in the twice red-flagged Supersport finale at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California.

Riding the Elena Myers Racing Suzuki GSX-R600, Myers was in the right place at the right time when the race was stopped the second time, on the 10th of 18 scheduled laps. Myers, from nearby Discovery Bay, was leading when Joey Pascarella (LTD Racing Yamaha) high-sided out of second in turn nine. Pascarella had led across the stripe at the end of lap nine, but because he caused the second red flag-Jake Gagne caused the first-AMA officials determined that he would be the last rider on the lead lap in 18th place, with Myers being given the win.

"I don't think it's quite sunk in yet," she said.

Mazda Technologies Yamaha's Cameron Beaubier was the biggest loser. Beaubier led the first seven laps and had a 2.5 secs. lead when the race was stopped the first time, by Gagne's crash in turn nine. Beaubier didn't gate well on the re-start and found himself back in fourth place. He briefly took third from Myers in turn four, but Myers fought right back. And the two were able to take advantage when Pascarella ran wide in turn seven on what would be the final lap. That put Myers in the lead, but only for three turns. Then Pascarella high-sided out of second in turn ten and the race was stopped.

"He was in front of me and he high-sided in the second to the last corner and I almost hit him when he high-sided," Beaubier said.

Beaubier finished second and Tyler O'Hara (Top Gun Yamaha) was third.

Despite crashing, Pascarella still holds a commanding championship lead, having won three of the previous four races, with one second place. His total is 124 to 76 for Myers, now in second.

Results:

1. Elena Myers (Suzuki)

2. Cameron Beaubier (Yamaha)

3. Tyler O'Hara (Yamaha)

4. Scott Gilbert (Yamaha)

5. Austin DeHaven (Yamaha)

6. Michael Corbino (Yamaha)

7. Matthew Sadowski (Suzuki)

8. Travis Ohge (Yamaha)

9. Robert Tinagero (Yamaha)

10. Nicholas Hayman (Ducati)

I think it's way cool. On MotoBikes, a gal and guy are evenly matched.

Now that galz have proven they have the reflexes, guts, and determination, can we draft them for war? :rolleyes:

I think it's way cool. On MotoBikes, a gal and guy are evenly matched. Now that galz have proven they have the reflexes, guts, and determination, can we draft them for war? :rolleyes:
Oh wait...they already volunteer. :eek:

[SIZE=8pt]But I'm guessing they check the calendar before giving them a weapon.....Just Kidding....[/SIZE]

Hopefully they will show the race on speed. They just mentioned it during the supersport race.

IIRC - She has been top 5 all year

It was a cool race to see, She's a nice kid , I wish her all the success in the world.

Hopefully they will show the race on speed. They just mentioned it during the supersport race.
Unfortunately, I don't think they will.

Randy already addressed this elsewhere as a follow-up within in his original post about Elena from last September when he brought her to our attention. But I thought it deserved its own headline, maybe 'cause she's local and she did it locally:
It is deserving of its own headline.

Here's an interview she did before the race. Very professional, well-spoken, and a good promoter of the sport - especially for a 16 year old kid.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...2429&ref=nf

Just happened to be there that day.

870814309_Hz2ke-L.jpg

My daughter thinks she is way cool.

870841442_knGPH-L.jpg

Hanging with Erin for the weekend I got all caught-up in Girl Power!

Will the AMA now have to hire an "Umbrella Guy" for her???
Seems only fair.....
I'll be damned if I can find it, but, there was a 2 picture sequence that was kinda cool. It was a pic from a previous year with Elena holding an umbrella for Jason Pridmore when he was on the grid and then there was another pic of Jason holding an umbrella for Elena when she was on the grid.

Post race video https://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=40493

Reviving an old thread with updated news about Elena.

Elena Myers became the first female to win ANY professional race at Daytona (and here at the AMA Pro racing site) when she one the 2nd AMA pro supersport race of the weekend on Saturday.

:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: