Labrador Highway - 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
Heading out tomorrow to do the complete Labrador Highway CCW. Three KLR-650s and one BMW GS-800. Wish us luck. This should be one mighty fine adventure. :yahoo:

Canadian FJR

One of my kids was in L'Anse aux Meadows a few days ago and ran into some bikers who had just done it... their one comment was

"[SIZE=24pt]big %$%$% gravel[/SIZE]" l! Keep us posted! Good luck boys!

Now I'm jealous, hope you don't need a :Snorkle: or an :help:

They had some rain up there recently

G'Luck

Chris

Rock the rock Scott!

You have a message waiting on your phone when you get home.. stopped in New Glasgow/Trenton on the way home on the off chance the trip didn't go off. Next time bud!

Currently in Churchill Falls.............We're in the woods. Just saw a big black bear out back.

1 - Broken bolt in sub rame (2008 KLR)

2 - Dead battery (2007 KLR)

3 - Two bent rims (2009 BMW GS-800)

I'm seeing a pattern.

Heading to Lab City tomorrow before the big run home.

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the updates. How are you finding the road condition so far? Would you attempt it with anything 'less appropriate' (i.e. more street specific) type motorcycle, or is a dual sport the minimum there?

I rode a little bit of the southern part of Labrador a number of years ago (to Red Bay) before the road to Happy Valley Goose Bay was completed. I have been anxious to get back there since and have been thinking about taking the FJR on the 'new road'. I am not squeemish about taking the FJR on dirt (I have ridden the Golden Road in Maine with it), but I also recognize there are limitations. Would you try it on an FJR?

Up until yesterday I would have considered taking the FJR. There was only one bad section on Pase III but doable. Yesterday two of us did the run from Lab City to Manic IV............the most dangerous road I have ever ridden. They use a very fine sand to cover the roads that is inches deep. Several very scary monents but it was worth it. THe run from Manic IV to Baie Comeau today was fantastic. Currently sitting in Bathurst. Good times.

Canadian FJR

Up until yesterday I would have considered taking the FJR. There was only one bad section on Pase III but doable. Yesterday two of us did the run from Lab City to Manic IV............the most dangerous road I have ever ridden. They use a very fine sand to cover the roads that is inches deep. Several very scary monents but it was worth it. THe run from Manic IV to Baie Comeau today was fantastic. Currently sitting in Bathurst. Good times.

Canadian FJR
If YOU're calling it 'very scary' it wouldn't be a ride for the faint of heart :blink:

Glad you had fun AND are safe

ME

Four misfits, not a clue what they were in for.

060.jpg

Lighthouse in Rocky Harbour.

070.jpg

The Arches - Gros Morne

088.jpg

Proper attire.

111.jpg

Hundreds of Km's of this.

133.jpg

One well ridden and dirty KLR back home.

001.jpg

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome home. I look forward to riding with you in 2011 when you are allowed to get the FJR out of the garage. I am sure it will be ok for you to go in and visit it once in awhile. You can sit on it and make vroom, vroom noises. :bike:

Guys congratulations on making it home. I followed your Spot and it looked like some pretty rough and some pretty beautiful areas. Thanks for including me on your progress.

Want to hear more as I am sure everyone else does but for now I am glad that you all made it home.

Next time,

Chester