NAFO Registration Fee Refunds

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
The NAFO organizers have discussed the issue of refunds. We are well aware of and appreciate the concerns everyone has committing $150 without being absolutely positive that you can attend. We are aware that there are circumstances in life that arise that cannot be controlled. Just such a circumstance could arise and not permit you to attend NAFO. As such the committee has decided to allow refunds for these circumstances.

We will also refund any funds collected over the actual cost of the event. We have still not nailed down the cost of the two meals, so there may be some savings there. Given the current level of response I will be contacting the hotel to discuss scaling back our commitment as the current numbers will not satisfy the contractual agreement. Whatever the outcome, any funds not used for the event will be refunded.

I am hoping that this will ease your mind if you are waiting to register closer to the deadline. The sooner we have an idea of the actual numbers the easier it will be for us to plan accordingly.

Thanks for your understanding. I hope to see as many of you as possible in September.

Bob

Good on ya for being open to reconsidering this after the issue was raised.
ThumbsUpSmiley.jpg

Way cool Bob!

Sometimes shit just happens and no matter what ya do, things just don't go the way ya want..

Damn! I wish I could get the time off! This is starting to shape up as another one to remember!

Somebody Jimmykick JWilly for me would ya?

:jester:

I lost my fee for WFO in 2006 after I needed back surgery. It ain't fair. Everybody else should lose out to! ;)

Good on ya, as long as you don't get stuck for 10K on your CC.

EDIT: I re-read this and realized it could be seen as whining. It wasn't. IMHO, at some point people should take responsibility for their stated commitment to be there. Just to play devil's advocate, if ya aren't sure you can make it, don't commit to the payment. If you were wrong (as in my case), consider sucking it up so the organizers don't lose their shirts. I could be way off base; I don't have an ax to grind, just saying it makes sense to have deadlines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news and thanx to all of you taking on this task

I'm sure I can mention a thought that I've seen elsewhere...make a deadline you need to for no refunds after that date, and then mention that fees are transferrable as in someone at the last minute has to bail, but someone else has to wait till past the deadline to get in last minute.

I hope such arrangements will allow most everyone to be satisified and it all comes out in the wash

:yahoo:

I'm sure I can mention a thought that I've seen elsewhere...make a deadline you need to for no refunds after that date, and then mention that fees are transferrable as in someone at the last minute has to bail, but someone else has to wait till past the deadline to get in last minute.

I hope such arrangements will allow most everyone to be satisified and it all comes out in the wash

Good point Mike. I will take it up with the others. It would probably be in the 2-3 week range. Whenever the food gets nailed down will determine it. I will keep everyone posted.

Bob

Good point Mike. I will take it up with the others. It would probably be in the 2-3 week range. Whenever the food gets nailed down will determine it. I will keep everyone posted.

Bob
when I'm the gatheringmaster for offering up rallys, I always post a poll a number of months ahead of time to gauge the wishes of the "clientel"

besides activitiy options, it starts with "whoever is interested in attending" vote:

definitely will attend, probably will attend, want to but can't attend, want to but won't know till last minute

It gives me an incling of what to expect

Bob,

Good on you for allowing refunds based on unavoidable circumstances. I signed up the very same day I saw the post.

Fees paid and hotel reservations made. Okay, now there is no reason to wait to sign up for a fantastic weekend, and I

look forward to a "September to Remember".

Gary Green

Bob,
Good on you for allowing refunds based on unavoidable circumstances. I signed up the very same day I saw the post.

Fees paid and hotel reservations made. Okay, now there is no reason to wait to sign up for a fantastic weekend, and I

look forward to a "September to Remember".

Gary Green
Thanks Gary. I look forward to meeting you.

Bob

I'm thinkin' any $ ta spare, find us a sober cager an git a keg or 2....

Might save a benjamin ta hand the LEO that shows up later...

:)

good on you guys; I will be there riding gods willing and the creek don't rise because of hurricanes
Just get a mast and a sail! :lol:
If the true meaning of that saying is what I think it is, the mast and sail may not help.

"Generally recognized as the Creek Indian "agent," Benjamin Hawkins also held the title of General Superintendent of all tribes south of the Ohio River"

On some websites Hawkins is given credit to the saying 'God willing and the Creek don't rise' note the use of capital C in Creek.

I ran across this info a few years back while trying to research the Indian connection in my family.

Last edited by a moderator: