WFO Ride report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotride

Reaction score
WFO was a blast. The organizers Hal, Iggy and everyone else deserve a huge Thank You. :clapping:

I took off Friday the 16th with no real plans or directions in mind.

Day 1 took me up thru Fresno and 41/49 thru Angels Camp and Ebbet’s pass.

WFO10010.jpg

WFO10018.jpg

WFO10025.jpg

WFO10093.jpg

Day 2 took me around Lake Tahoe and Lake Almanor

WFO10126-1.jpg

WFO10133-1.jpg

WFO10135.jpg

WFO10151.jpg

WFO10160-1.jpg

Day 3 I made it to Portland

Don’t know if you can see this picture but I stopped on a roadside scale in Oregon and weighed in at 950 pounds. I had a full tank and a full load of gear.

WFO10158.jpg

Sister Mountains

WFO10176.jpg

WFO10191.jpg

Day 4 made it to Eugene. Went up the twisties to the coast in Tillamook then down to Florence

WFO10217.jpg

WFO10224.jpg

WFO10225.jpg

More To Follow

Last edited by a moderator:
Continued

Day 5 visited Crater Lake

WFO10285.jpg

WFO10294.jpg

WFO10316-1.jpg

WFO10343.jpg

WFO10345.jpg

Days 6, 7 , and 8 was WFO fun

Friday’s man ride. I only kept up with Fairlaner and FJRonamision for about 30 miles. I had a better view from far back anyway.

WFO10373.jpg

WFO10383-1.jpg

Saturdays more mellow ride to the Lost Coast

WFO10410.jpg

WFO10429.jpg

Wrapter

WFO10416.jpg

I stopped to get a picture of the deer and didn’t notice the sign until later. Pretty cool

WFO10437.jpg

Shelter cove lighthouse

WFO10444.jpg

FJR lineup

WFO10454.jpg

Final GPS miles

WFO10467.jpg

Can’t wait until next year

WFO10470-1.jpg

Remind me why I don't live out there.... We do have some great roads here in the east (NC, GA, TN, etc.) but the scenery just isn't the same. Thanks for the photos.

Excellent! You put some miles on.. and the 950 total weight is somewhat eye-opening. That's alot of mass to slow and accelerate. You must pack like Ms. dCarver! :rolleyes:

Looks like it was an excellent trip...

I see petey with his dayglo gear in the "man's ride" picture...did he tail along with John and Richard?

Looks like it was an excellent trip...
I see petey with his dayglo gear in the "man's ride" picture...did he tail along with John and Richard?
Yes we tried to keep up for as long as possible. By the time we hit the 3 Fairlaner was gone and we missed the turn to the lunch stop. I ended up finishing the ride with Petey and John from Texas.

Great pictures and a well done report. The ride to the lost coast was something, right?
It was very nice. A total opposite ride from the one I had on Friday :D

It was nice meeting you and your wife.

Great to have met you on 96 Dan! Great pics, too. Judy loves the wrapter, and I've become somewhat expert in getting it secured on her ponytail after she gets it started.

. . . and the 950 total weight . . . . You must pack like Ms. dCarver!
Get out, Don! I'll raise you 4 pairs of feminine footwear and 2 curling irons. :p :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.