#1 MCML

MCML

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Bike: 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

I am a huge fan of Jason and the site he has built. Bravo!

I am curious, though, if anyone has used the Spot Adventures site (which I do not recall being available when I first subscribed a year ago) and, if so, what your impressions are. If you've used both sites and can compare, so much the better. I do know, for example, the the Spot Adventures site lets the user embed photos.
MCML AKA ISAMACORP AKA JOSEPH AKA GIUSEPPE NERO
Posted Image through Posted Image-Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageRIP TJB

#2 Ignacio

Ignacio

Administrative Idealist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
  • Bike: 2014ES (Gen III) N. America

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

I've tried to use Spot and their services, but they're JV compared to Jason's Varsity effort.

I've e-mailed them before and think they should just put Jason on staff or consulting contract to replace their mediocre stuff.

My LD Blog, IBA #332

2014ES "Deep Thought", 2005 ABS "Heart of Gold", 2005 "Zaphod" & 2013 Husqvarana TR650 Strada "Noxeema"
wfo04.gif through wfo09.gifBMR.jpg150K%2005CLUB.jpg
Seat Review here (click on About Me) or here. Gen 1 LED conversion for instrument lights here and taillights here. Watts of radar detectors and GPS here.
Google Search is your FJRForum friend! Try something like best tire FJR site:fjrforum.com at google.com

#3 BIODSL

BIODSL

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Ignacio @ Jul 28 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've e-mailed them before and think they should just put Jason on staff or consulting contract to replace their mediocre stuff.

Reading this thread made me realize that I had never thanked JJ for building Spotwalla for us or ever sent him any money even after using it for over a year. Spotwalla takes Paypal donations. I'd encourage everyone who uses it to shoot some coinage his way. http://spotwalla.com...ndex.php#donate

Paul Peloquin
IBA #333, since I'm only half evil.
http://paulpeloquin.blogspot.com/

#4 LDRydr

LDRydr

Highway junkie

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Bike: Other or considering FJR

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (Ignacio @ Jul 28 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1

I saw a post on the IBA forum recently that had a link to a rider's Spot Adventure page and I was lost from the get-go. Stupid pictures popping up when I wanted to see just the map, then when I wanted to just look at the pictures I couldn't seem to figure it out (note that I'm a so-called computer-guru). I'm sticking with SpotWalla and a link to my Photobucket albums.

To see for yourself click HERE for my 48++ route map, and HERE to see the pictures I've posted so far. If you can't figure out how to click on these links maybe you shouldn't be riding.
Dennis - The Long Distance Rider IBA #24916
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
As a matter of fact, yes, I have been everywhere...
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.” -- Helen Keller

#5 dcarver

dcarver

FJR Forum Post Whore

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,531 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

I don't have any experience with Spot Adventure - after using SpotWalla it's kind of pointless to even look. I support those who support bikers - so off to PayPal I go. Great idea!
Walked away Posted ImagePosted Image Is it really crashing if you don't fall down?--
I wouldn't change a fucking thing; I've lived hard, played hard, and I ain't done yet. I've paid some severe penalties along the way, but the rewards have been so much greater; even if for just have participating in the game of life with utmost abandon. It's not who rides the furthest in a day, but rather in a lifetime. CBA member #1, IBA #31845 and very proud of both.
Posted Image