Spotwalla and Spot Adventures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCML

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Jason and the site he has built. Bravo!

I am curious, though, if anyone has used the Spot Adventures site (which I do not recall being available when I first subscribed a year ago) and, if so, what your impressions are. If you've used both sites and can compare, so much the better. I do know, for example, the the Spot Adventures site lets the user embed photos.

I've tried to use Spot and their services, but they're JV compared to Jason's Varsity effort.

I've e-mailed them before and think they should just put Jason on staff or consulting contract to replace their mediocre stuff.

I've e-mailed them before and think they should just put Jason on staff or consulting contract to replace their mediocre stuff.
Reading this thread made me realize that I had never thanked JJ for building Spotwalla for us or ever sent him any money even after using it for over a year. Spotwalla takes Paypal donations. I'd encourage everyone who uses it to shoot some coinage his way. https://spotwalla.com/help/index.php#donate

+1

I saw a post on the IBA forum recently that had a link to a rider's Spot Adventure page and I was lost from the get-go. Stupid pictures popping up when I wanted to see just the map, then when I wanted to just look at the pictures I couldn't seem to figure it out (note that I'm a so-called computer-guru). I'm sticking with SpotWalla and a link to my Photobucket albums.

To see for yourself click HERE for my 48++ route map, and HERE to see the pictures I've posted so far. If you can't figure out how to click on these links maybe you shouldn't be riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any experience with Spot Adventure - after using SpotWalla it's kind of pointless to even look. I support those who support bikers - so off to PayPal I go. Great idea!