#1 MCML

MCML

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Bike: 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

I am a huge fan of Jason and the site he has built. Bravo!

I am curious, though, if anyone has used the Spot Adventures site (which I do not recall being available when I first subscribed a year ago) and, if so, what your impressions are. If you've used both sites and can compare, so much the better. I do know, for example, the the Spot Adventures site lets the user embed photos.
MCML AKA ISAMACORP AKA JOSEPH AKA GIUSEPPE NERO
Posted Image through Posted Image-Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageRIP TJB

#2 Ignacio

Ignacio

Administrative Idealist

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,403 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

I've tried to use Spot and their services, but they're JV compared to Jason's Varsity effort.

I've e-mailed them before and think they should just put Jason on staff or consulting contract to replace their mediocre stuff.
My LD Blog, IBA #332
2005 ABS "Heart of Gold" & 2005 "Zaphod" & 2013 Husqvarana TR650 Strada "Noxeema"
Posted Image through Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Seat Review here (click on About Me). LED conversion for instrument lights here and taillights here. Watts of radar detectors and GPS here.
Google Search is your FJRForum friend! Try something like best tire FJR site:fjrforum.com at google.com

#3 BIODSL

BIODSL

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Ignacio @ Jul 28 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've e-mailed them before and think they should just put Jason on staff or consulting contract to replace their mediocre stuff.

Reading this thread made me realize that I had never thanked JJ for building Spotwalla for us or ever sent him any money even after using it for over a year. Spotwalla takes Paypal donations. I'd encourage everyone who uses it to shoot some coinage his way. http://spotwalla.com...ndex.php#donate

Paul Peloquin
IBA #333, since I'm only half evil.
http://paulpeloquin.blogspot.com/

#4 LDRydr

LDRydr

Highway junkie

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Bike: Other or considering FJR

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (Ignacio @ Jul 28 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1

I saw a post on the IBA forum recently that had a link to a rider's Spot Adventure page and I was lost from the get-go. Stupid pictures popping up when I wanted to see just the map, then when I wanted to just look at the pictures I couldn't seem to figure it out (note that I'm a so-called computer-guru). I'm sticking with SpotWalla and a link to my Photobucket albums.

To see for yourself click HERE for my 48++ route map, and HERE to see the pictures I've posted so far. If you can't figure out how to click on these links maybe you shouldn't be riding.
Dennis - The Long Distance Rider IBA #24916
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
As a matter of fact, yes, I have been everywhere...
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.” -- Helen Keller

#5 dcarver

dcarver

FJR Forum Post Whore

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,256 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

I don't have any experience with Spot Adventure - after using SpotWalla it's kind of pointless to even look. I support those who support bikers - so off to PayPal I go. Great idea!
Walked away Posted ImagePosted Image Is it really crashing if you don't fall down?--
I wouldn't change a fucking thing; I've lived hard, played hard, and I ain't done yet. I've paid some severe penalties along the way, but the rewards have been so much greater; even if for just have participating in the game of life with utmost abandon. It's not who rides the furthest in a day, but rather in a lifetime. CBA member #1, IBA #31845 and very proud of both.
Posted Image