Duncan Peak Fire Lookout Station

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
Both Joe and I were off work today so we jumped on the dualsports for a ride up in the Sierras to Duncan Peak (35+ miles east of Foresthill, Ca). He hasn't been there since he was a little tike so he didn't remember that trip.

The lookout, ranger John was very friendly.

Duncanpeak2010003.jpg

Duncanpeak2010002.jpg

Other than taller, thinner, and black hair the kid looks just like me, eh? :rolleyes:

Duncanpeak2010009.jpg

The bikes, that xt350 with him on it gets 70mpg. The KLR is just good mule.

Duncanpeak2010007.jpg

With fires to the north it was not a very clear day but here is a view of French Meadows Lake

Duncanpeak2010010.jpg

Here's our lunch stop- he's a good kid! Nice views of the wilderness

Duncanpeak2010016.jpg

Duncanpeak2010021.jpg

What a surprise when I opened the tupperware lunch my wife packed- she's a really good and SMART wife!

Duncanpeak2010017.jpg

This one's for Tyler.

Duncanpeak2010025.jpg

If a tree falls in the woods- I think you would have heard this bad boy. As Joe gets older and has his own life, days like this will be harder to pull off but what fun we had. Dirt and knobbies, about as good as it gets!

Duncanpeak2010026.jpg

Beautiful, just beautiful.

I have a 21 year old son who I can never get enough quality time with.

Cherish every moment,

Sorry, for a second there it seemed like there was some strange irritant in my eye.

There, all better now.

Mark

Beautiful, just beautiful.
I have a 21 year old son who I can never get enough quality time with.

Cherish every moment,

Sorry, for a second there it seemed like there was some strange irritant in my eye.

There, all better now.

Mark
Thanks Mark, that's just how I felt. Doug

That's friggin' awesome that you got to spend some quality time with your son. I'm a bit jealous, 'cause my daughter is away for three weeks.

Fantastic, Bugnatr; Thank You! I love seeing motorcycle stories which involve the family, you just cannot beat the time you get to spend with your son on two wheels. Priceless!!!

Latest posts