Isle of Man TT 2010 !!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpdrv

Reaction score
Great fun watching some of these pros run wide open.....

Good tele coverage on HD Theater.....

Great fun watching some of these pros run wide open.....
Good tele coverage on HD Theater.....
I agree, they have huge gonads to do what they do. I love it!! have you ever youtubed "deals gap" or tail of the dragon?? I would love to take aroad trip to ride that winding road...some of them guys can haul ass on that road.

Last edited by a moderator:
The announcer last year said they run WOT for 18% of the course. Crazy given all those curves, bumps and the HP involved.....I couldnt do it but it's a blast to watch

Thanks for the heads up, the DVR is programmed! I also saw they were covering the Baja 500, so I added that as well.

Ya, that's awesome stuff! Can't imagine doing what those guys do on that course.

Pretty sure about all I could do is ride that course on the tri-cycle I had when I was 4.

But I'd make it look gooooooood.........

Yeah, I would love to have the right bike and run that coarse....

I would be nice if they would entertain some slower riders then the insane pro's that run it.... It wouldn't bother me at all to just take my time and get to know the coarse and then give it my all.... you think they would just shut the isle down for us slower going type guys.... :D

I don't mind giving all I got, but just not sure anyone would be thrilled watching me do it......

Kinda like that good ol line..... "who ya gunna please with that little thing?" ==========> ME !!!!!

Hey guys,

Long time IOMTT fan, and plan a trip there soon to see it up close.

I am having a problem, second year in a row now. From the official IOMTT website, www.IOMTT.com I ordered the 09 Blue Ray of the two weeks of racing.

I had a lot of trouble getting it (2010 verasion) and am having similar issues this year, I believe the guy who run's of business first name is Phillip.

I have sent numerous e-mails, having placed order in late June, was told in July, then beginning of Aug, then late Aug my order would be shipped, and still nothing,

no response from phillip by e-mail either.

Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated.

Rhody.... frustrated...

Hey guys,

Long time IOMTT fan, and plan a trip there soon to see it up close.

I am having a problem, second year in a row now. From the official IOMTT website, www.IOMTT.com I ordered the 09 Blue Ray of the two weeks of racing.

I had a lot of trouble getting it (2010 verasion) and am having similar issues this year, I believe the guy who run's of business first name is Phillip.

I have sent numerous e-mails, having placed order in late June, was told in July, then beginning of Aug, then late Aug my order would be shipped, and still nothing,

no response from phillip by e-mail either.

Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated.

Rhody.... frustrated...

Finally got the Blue Ray DVD on Fri, my credit card was charged (twice !!!) again for the second year in a row. Make sure you

use Amex, because they immediately credit you, if the supplier sends a second DVD, you still have your credit, and you have to send it back. Since this is the second time I feel like keeping it just to make a point, but then I will probably never be able to buy another one in coming years, I would be blacklisted. If I get a second one I will return it, but I shouldn't have to be put through this every year. Trouble is only one guy sells the DVD's so you are stuck with him.

This years races, extra's comes on two DVD's and they are great, a little pricey 58$+ US, but worth it, at least for me.

Rhody...

The Isle of Man TT has been on my motorcycling bucket list forever (right up there with sleeping with Eva Mendes), turning 62 this month I just hope I don't croak before I get to go; I would be so pissed off! It is just a crying shame we don't have a couple of Brits on our FJR Forum who could organize a trip to the TT for us! Oh wait, we do have a couple of John Bull's here: Fairlaner and Orestes, why don't you two get off of your fecking arses and start planning an FJR Forum Isle of Man TT junket for 2012!

https://www.isleofmanbreaks.com/racing-breaks/isle-of-man-tt/# Does anyone have experience with Regency Travel of Douglas, IOM? Looks like 1-stop bookings and hassle free! Other sources??
Beemerdons,

I have been wanting to go to the Isle of Mann for the last 4 or 5 years. This year Guy Martin was lucky to escape a 160 mph crash and live to tell about it. I noticed that there was a tribute at the end to two more riders. It didn't say if they were killed during the races or from natural causes. The Isle of Man government is really sensitive about not wanting to "sour the public" with footage of accidents, understandable. As you alluded to in your post, I would be comfortable with a trip where someone had: "Been there and done that". I know the ferry that takes you there is expensive that time of year, and that planes do fly there, not sure about the cost. I have to imagine that the cool reasonable places fill up early, the trick is to find one of them. I have friends (not bikers) who want to go as well. Let's use this thread to post good idea's/intell on a trip there.

Rhody...

Sounds Good, Rhody! https://www.isleofmanbreaks.com/racing-breaks/manx-grand-prix-festival/ Actually, my Good Friend Orestes - David Clarke of Chatham, England has been a wealth of information regarding the Isle of Man Races.

Dave actually recommends attending the Grand Prix, instead of the Tourist Trophy Event. He says that the GP is not the ZOO that the TT is, primarily since the course is open to Professional Racers Only. Easier to get bookings, dinner and cheaper ferry tickets, too! GP is held in last of August and first of September for just one week, TT is late May and early June for two full weeks.

Sounds Good, Rhody! https://www.isleofmanbreaks.com/racing-breaks/manx-grand-prix-festival/ Actually, my Good Friend Orestes - David Clarke of Chatham, England has been a wealth of information regarding the Isle of Man Races.

Dave actually recommends attending the Grand Prix, instead of the Tourist Trophy Event. He says that the GP is not the ZOO that the TT is, primarily since the course is open to Professional Racers Only. Easier to get bookings, dinner and cheaper ferry tickets, too! GP is held in last of August and first of September for just one week, TT is late May and early June for two full weeks.
beemer,

I checked out the link your friend provided and it doesn't appear to take you where you want to go (broken or circular links), do you have a better one ?

Second, how much are we seriously talking savings/hassle here, getting accomodations well in advance, etc ??? To me if the savings/hassle is not significant I would

like to see the last week of the TT, ending with the Senior TT on the superbikes. If on the other hand we are talking thousands of dollars, then I am interested in

hearing the particulars. Thanks Beemer...

Rhody...

beemer,

I checked out the link your friend provided and it doesn't appear to take you where you want to go (broken or circular links), do you have a better one ?

Second, how much are we seriously talking savings/hassle here, getting accomodations well in advance, etc ??? To me if the savings/hassle is not significant I would

like to see the last week of the TT, ending with the Senior TT on the superbikes. If on the other hand we are talking thousands of dollars, then I am interested in

hearing the particulars. Thanks Beemer...

Rhody...
Hello Rhody, First: I'm not a computer Guy by any means; BUT, on both my DELL PC and my Apple MacBook these links in Posts #14 and #16 are opening up just fine in my home office. Try just typing in https://isleofmanbreaks.com and follow the site map from there to both the TT and GP. I hope that this helps you and anyone else!

Second: It is very nice to see that rogdeb would be interested in this trip. Very nice people and would be pleasant traveling companions. Unlike Old Michael and SPU!

Third: As soon as I hit send on this post, I will copy this conversation to my friend David "Orestes" Clarke and ask for his best guesstimates on both TT and GP costs.

rhody and rogdeb: I just sent this e-mail to David. It's midnight in Kent right now, so Mr. Clarke will probably not see this until the morning. DS

"Hello David,

I would like to pick your brains on the Isle of Man TT and GP. At Death Valley Daze and in the Pyrenees we had discussed IOM TT and GP's.

Do you have any guess how much the last week of IOM TT, including the Senior TT on the Superbikes would cost in a total package amount?

You had mentioned that the Grand Prix event in September draws a smaller crowd than the Tourist Trophy. Would there be logistical savings?

A Gentleman named Rhody and wonderful FJR Brit couple rogdeb, are interested in this trip. I would twist Old Michael's arm into going, also!

rhody and rogdeb: David responded with the following preliminary information and will follow up on this weekend with his analysis of what an IOM TT would cost us. Do we want to rent bikes on the Isle of Man? It sounds like it is much cheaper without a bike hire on the Island. My plan is to sail to IOM from Belfast, with the week before (or the week after) being spent touring Eire using a bike from Irish Bike Hire. I will start twisting the arms of fellow Irishmen Old Michael and ShinyPartsUp to join me on The Emerald Isle M/C Excursion, but you know how Flaky those Fenians can be!

https://www.irishbike.com/index.html Could also sail from Dublin, Irish Bike will arrange bike pickups in either The Republic or Ulster. Their operation is based in County Down in Northern Ireland, UK.

"Hi Don

It's been many years since I have been across to the Island although I am hoping to take part in the inaugural IBA TT1000 next April.

Although you will be more likely to find accommodation and ferries available for the GP event in September I think if I were just coming over for a weeks racing (i e. not as part of a longer tour in the UK) I would choose the TT for the experience.

At the weekend I'll start pricing up a week at the 2011 TT which should be similar. Would you be hiring bikes? Although you can enjoy the IOM using public transport, especially on race days I think you would want to ride the circuit at least once. Just not on Mad Sunday, it's a lot better to sit on a pub terrace and watch the idiots who think they can ride.

A few links to give you further information

The Isle of Man Tourist Board

The Steam Packet Company, approx £170 bike and rider, may be more during TT week,

IOM motorcyle hire very expensive, about £150 per day, off-set by not requiring to book the ferry

If you have direct flights to Ireland it may be worth considering hiring a bike there.

The TT is still very popular with a lot of people making the journey every year. I think you would have to provisionally book places on the ferry up to a year in advance, I think the Steam Packet Co. has special procedures for this.

The race schedule is likely to follow the 2011 TT format

Saturday Superbike and Sidecar 1

Monday Supersport 1 and Superstock

Wednesday Sidecar2 and Supersport 2

Friday Senior (open to all but mostly superbike)

Dave"