brake bleeding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zoom Zoom

Hi:

FJR 2006

I want to change the brake fluid.

Can anyone point me to the brake bleeding procedure.

I have bled brakes before but this time it is different because the brakes are linked and there are 2 nipples each on the front brakes.

Thanks

M Khan

Hi:
FJR 2006

I want to change the brake fluid.

Can anyone point me to the brake bleeding procedure.

I have bled brakes before but this time it is different because the brakes are linked and there are 2 nipples each on the front brakes.

Thanks

M Khan
MY 2006 front caliper's number of bleeders match the number of brake lines. i.e. 2 bleeders on right caliper, 1 on the left.

When bleeding the rear brake, my manual says bleed the right front caliper first (the pistons that are activated by the rear brake) and then the rear brake. Also make sure you don't introduce any air at the resevoir - it'll take forever to get out of the ABS system.

The shop manual is expensive but worth buying if doing your own maintenance. But think first when using it, it starts by suggesting you strip the bike to the frame to do anything :yahoo: Often less disassembly is necessary.

The shop manual is expensive but worth buying if doing your own maintenance. But think first when using it, it starts by suggesting you strip the bike to the frame to do anything :yahoo: Often less disassembly is necessary.
I CAN attest to the fact that removing the motor facilitates cam timing. :p

Putting speedbleeders on the bike makes short work of the process and there's no possibility of getting air in the system from the bottom end.