CFO 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno Bust 24, is a long way south, and I 57 North ends in Chicago, dumps you out on 90/94 and the Chicago loop Bigger Mess. S&T says travel time useing I 80 is just under 8 Hours. You could use the Northern route across the Mackinaw Bridge and down thourgh the UP and Wisconsin, did that one year, nice ride. S&T shows 11 hours travel time for that trip.

Dunno Bust 24, is a long way south, and I 57 North ends in Chicago, dumps you out on 90/94 and the Chicago loop Bigger Mess. S&T says travel time useing I 80 is just under 8 Hours. You could use the Northern route across the Mackinaw Bridge and down thourgh the UP and Wisconsin, did that one year, nice ride. S&T shows 11 hours travel time for that trip.

That might be just the ticket as going south to 24 is 10 plus hours and the scenery ain't all that great.

Thanks for the tip Karl ;)

Barry, I don't think you'd need to go as far south as 24 the get around the "bad" parts of I-80. Look here for an idea. This route would 609 miles and could be adjusted for a more scenic route through Wisconsin. You can compare that to 534 miles for the route right through downtown Chicago. Over the top is in the area of 700 miles but would be a much nicer ride all around. One of the ways I've dealt with the Chicago problem is to get a room just before the worse parts of Chi-town. Then get up at 4:00 AM and ride right through the heart of the beast. I came out the other side around 6:15 and stopped for a nice breakfast and continued my ride from there.

Alex, if you're talking about the ferries they've priced themselves right out of the picture even with $4 a gallon gas.

Still sitting the fence here.. Waiting to see what Sheilas school schedule looks like.

Don't want to book a room for she and I if she can't make it.. :unsure:

Still sitting the fence here.. Waiting to see what Sheilas school schedule looks like.

Bust don't worry about a reservation, reservations are easily canceled up to 4:00pm CDT the day of your arrival. But more importantly the special FJR/CFO/good guy rate for CFO ends May 9th.

Bust don't worry about a reservation, reservations are easily canceled up to 4:00pm CDT the day of your arrival. But more importantly the special FJR/CFO/good guy rate for CFO ends May 9th.
So your saying I need to get the lead out of my ass :blink:

Unfortunately we inadvertently left MishaCycles off the sponsor list on the website for CFO '11. :eek: Mishacycles was very supportive of the get together. It would be great if we could patronize his business (the customer service is outstanding).

Sorry about the oversight Alex and thanks again for your support.

Clicky if you missed the two above. :D

Unfortunately we inadvertently left MishaCycles off the sponsor list on the website for CFO '11. :eek: Mishacycles was very supportive of the get together. It would be great if we could patronize his business (the customer service is outstanding).

Sorry about the oversight Alex and thanks again for your support.

Clicky if you missed the two above. :D
That's not good :huh: I'll take the blame for that I must not have forwarded the info to eeksnake.

We did get them listed on the forum thread CFO 2011 Sponsors.

That's really bad form to not do everything you can to help support the people and vendors that go above and beyond to support our event. My apologies to Alex and Misha Cycles.