Avila Beach 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
A fun and great time for the dcarver's. Really good to meet a new peep, CyberD0wn, and to see old friends too.

A funny conversation -

Old Michael "Hey Don, you live around here, are those clouds out there (pointing across Avila Bay) rain clouds?"

"Oh, no, OM, those aren't rain clouds, they are just fluffy little clouds that make for great sunset pictures, really", responded I.

15 minutes later, seated outside, it starts to rain.

I catch OM looking at me, I can't resist...

"Michael, the clouds over the bay are NOT rain clouds."

"The ones directly overhead is *definitely* a rain cloud!"

Just gotta love it :yahoo:

Old Michael and I rode down together taking in the joy of Hiway 25 from Hollister to Hiway 198.It started out dark and foggy, but once the twisty part presented itself, the fog obliged and lifted. From there we continued on down through Indian Valley finally coming out just north of Paso Robles.

An extended stop at Brown's Cycles in Paso Robles and then on down to Avila Beach.

Great to meet some new peeps.

Here are just a couple of the pics I took.

The fog lifting.

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

Hiway 25

IMG_0537.jpg

Obviously Brown's Cycles.

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

This was much larger in 1974. But then, a lot of things were.

IMG_0552.jpg

Ahh memories.

IMG_0548.jpg

Thanks to all who participated. Thanks Richard for organizing. And thanks for looking in.

Mark

Great to meet some of you. Of course, its your typical forum type gathering....meet some, talk to them, don't necessarily get to talk and meet everyone. I guess that means I'll have to attend some upcoming events. :clapping:

I felt guilty only having a 15 minute ride home in the rain, but it looked like it cleard up pretty quickly when I was home in front of the fire watching the Weather Channel :p

Cheers

Randy

Looked like a great time, wish I was there.

Did you SoCal guys do Lockwood Valley on the way home? I haven't done that one yet.

Nice Pix, I think I recognize one shot on Hwy 101, El Camino Real rest stop, is that correct?

Great to meet some of you. Of course, its your typical forum type gathering....meet some, talk to them, don't necessarily get to talk and meet everyone. I guess that means I'll have to attend some upcoming events. :clapping:

I felt guilty only having a 15 minute ride home in the rain, but it looked like it cleard up pretty quickly when I was home in front of the fire watching the Weather Channel :p

Cheers

Randy
My kind of guy! Everyone else got to have an adventure while you were home..er..uh.,,ahem...bored. :rolleyes:

Fer the ress uh yuz....grate pitchers! It looks like a great time was had by all, even the cagers. ;)

North meets south huh? :eek: Thanks for organizing this one Sir Richard :)

Us six from the north (Fjrobs - Hycles - Rogdebs) got there at the appointed time of 1300 hours, in time to see the Southerners, and a few of our northern brethren, just finishing lunch in the rain. We were ushered inside to eat - in the dry !! - so consequently met hardly anyone (except some usual suspects) :(

Still ------ we had a good ride down and lunch WAS good. Stayed over the night in San Simeon and rode back on Sunday, up Hwy 1 - Casa DeFruita still has good ice cream --- RAINED ...... all the frickin' way back to Sacto. Except riding through Stockton --- where it DELUGED :eek: :eek: Frog Toggs are DaBomb :D

Camera ?? Stayed in the dry topcase all weekend :lol:

Let's do it again Richard .......... Casa DeFruita on Hwy 152 would be a cool venue :yahoo: Or Santa Nella :rolleyes:

Looked like a great time, wish I was there.

Did you SoCal guys do Lockwood Valley on the way home? I haven't done that one yet.

Nice Pix, I think I recognize one shot on Hwy 101, El Camino Real rest stop, is that correct?
FJRBluesman,

Lockwood Valley Rd. is a real treat to ride. Try adding in the Cerro Noroestre just north of it sometime. Check the weather before you head out there. We got a few black clouds and hail last time through. Feels like a GP M/C course in a few places. Los Pinos Mexican Resturant was good near Fraser Mountain Park Rd. and the I5. Serious lack of fuel there abouts so top it off.

Sorry, I missed this ride to Avila.....such is the fix me quick FJR Blues.

WW's FJR

Arrived early at the store - meeting up with CyberD0wn. Ms dCarver patiently waits.

DSC07731.jpg

So dcarver has to stir the pot some.. :rolleyes:

DSC07732.jpg

Old Michael arrives, singing 'call me mellow yellow'..

DSC07734.jpg

MCML brought a good looking lady, and she can't run fast either! :lol: Bicycle accident had Valerie on one crutch.

DSC07735.jpg

Old Michael and 03Silverbullet.

DSC07737.jpg

San Diego contingent arrives!

DSC07738.jpg

Fairlaner and crew.

DSC07739.jpg

Gray hair everywhere...

DSC07740.jpg

Borkerfork, Fairlaner, MCML, Val, and Old Michael.

DSC07741.jpg

One good looking stud and Duff, too!

DSC07743.jpg

A story of 2 ponytails. Overheard "I'll show you mine if..." Redtail and Old Michael.

DSC07744.jpg

Neal from San Diego can't believe a word Old Michael's saying...

DSC07746.jpg

De Cattius de Fattius

DSC07748.jpg

Only took a few and most didn't turn out. :blink:

Somewhere in the sticks.

IMG_0489XXX.jpg

IMG_0490XXXX.jpg

A bunch from Brown's Cycles, a Yamaha graveyard. They don't let Carver in here.

IMG_0513XXXX.jpg

IMG_0553XXXX.jpg

IMG_0534XXXX.jpg

IMG_0557XXXX.jpg

Junkyard doll.

IMG_0561XXXXX.jpg

IMG_0568XXXXX.jpg

IMG_0569XXXXX.jpg

IMG_0574XXXX.jpg

Liked the light.

IMG_0576XXX.jpg

StitchJunkBikes.jpg

IMG_0578XXXXX.jpg

The King.

IMG_0582XXXXX.jpg

Carver. "I laugh at rain."

IMG_0584XXXXX.jpg

Daniel and ...(help me?)

IMG_0593XXXX.jpg

IMG_0592XXXX.jpg

A very enjoyable ride, down and back with Bokerfork.

Always good to see y'all.

And BTW, the fish (w/malt vinegar) was GREAT!