EOM '11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riding & tire kicking... which usually involves lots of camaraderie... & drunks, of course.

Barry,

You will miss nothing that you paid for; rally fees cover your dinner Friday and Saturday night.

You will, however, miss out on the world famous EOM tire kickin' and trash talkin' parking lot social. But, you're in luck, there's an instant replay scheduled for Friday night! See you then.

Wayne

What am I gonna miss arriving at EOM on Friday afternoon VS Thursday afternoon???

Okay, out in the cold to inspect my front brakes... shit.

I was prepping the bike for the flight down to EOM. Changed the oil, filter, final drive, check brake levels, coolant, tire pressures. You know, the usual stuff. For some reason I picked up the flashlight and took a gander at the front brake pads (rears were replaced last year). OH SNAP! Theirs no way I can get a set of pads here before Tuesday. I might be able to do the swap to get some extra life out of them...

Man, that will be a LONG ride on the 250...

BBIAB.

I was prepping the bike for the flight down to EOM. Changed the oil, filter, final drive, check brake levels, coolant, tire pressures. You know, the usual stuff. For some reason I picked up the flashlight and took a gander at the front brake pads (rears were replaced last year). OH SNAP! Theirs no way I can get a set of pads here before Tuesday. I might be able to do the swap to get some extra life out of them...

BBIAB.
I started to offer a set of pads, then I saw you have an '04, Oooops! Definitely do the pad position swap, and if that doesn't get it done...

Check with Tim at TwoBrothersTires.com. He may be able to send a set of EBC pads with someone coming up from Atlanta. Make SURE he knows you are looking for Gen-I, not Gen-II.

I show FA252HH as the part number for 04-05 front FJR.

I started to offer a set of pads, then I saw you have an '04, Oooops! Definitely do the pad position swap, and if that doesn't get it done...

Check with Tim at TwoBrothersTires.com. He may be able to send a set of EBC pads with someone coming up from Atlanta. Make SURE he knows you are looking for Gen-I, not Gen-II.

I show FA252HH as the part number for 04-05 front FJR.
Huge thanks Jeff. Won't be necessary. Gotta like easy to service brake bits, well except for the reflect that gets in the way so you can't use a socket...

IMG_1279.jpg

The offending party on the clutch side. The wear indicator still has a millimeter showing on it. Yup, needs to be changed, I'll get it done after this ride. Swapped pads side for side. We should be good to go.

IMG_1280.jpg

Oddly enough, the throttle side is looking really good. But that's bad. I bet the caliper needs to be rebuilt. I left this side alone.

In the end, the blame rests on my shoulders for not checking them myself sooner. That being said, I spent a CRAP load of money last winter keeping my mechanic busy (Ohlins, rebuilt rear linkage with all new bushings, wheel bearings on both ends, new battery etc etc.. In exchange for the work, my dealer didn't charge me storage. The funny bit is, he didn't catch the brakes. Next I bring him coffee, I'm gonna pee in it a little.

See ya'll in a few days!

Next time Bungie, if your just changing or swapping pads you do NOT have to remove the calipar (on Gen1) to remove and replace the pads ,all can be done right out the top jes sayin have a great EOM

BBIAB.
Brake pads shot? Why are you using brakes ? :blink:

Edit: Fred W says your pads are fine and a real man would have them way more worn. And that you're a wimp and get your butt down there.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBIAB.
Bungie, "Brake Less Lean More" is a signature line of a good friend of mine... :yahoo:

Have a great EOM :clapping:

Bungie, "Brake Less Lean More" is a signature line of a good friend of mine... :yahoo:

Have a great EOM :clapping:
What?! No Petey?! Well I'm still gonna be on my best behaviour, no doubt will see each other again soon and I don't want to feel like a dog getting his snout slapped for peeing on the carpet 3 months ago.

So this begs the question who is EOM's enforcer?

Brake pads shot? Why are you using brakes ? :blink:
It's all Yamafitters fault. I was following him on the 6 gaps ride in Vermont. Carver prolly needs to check his brakes too.

What?! No Petey?!
I'll believe it when I see it. Sooze and I were in SE Ohio over the weekend for Wheatey's little ramble. When we were hanging out in the parking lot on Saturday night trading insults gut-busting stories, I kept looking over my shoulder for Petey. I didn't see him but that don't mean a thing. He's everywhere. All the time. It's the exact same thing as when infinity meets the speed of light, only different.

So this begs the question who is EOM's enforcer?
I nominate MEM. I wanna see her keep Fencer in line.

And Bungie - if you're in dire need, I have a full set of brake pads sitting in my garage. You need 'em, just say the word. I can bring 'em down to EOM just-in-case, too.

I nominate MEM. I wanna see her keep Fencer in line.

And Bungie - if you're in dire need, I have a full set of brake pads sitting in my garage. You need 'em, just say the word. I can bring 'em down to EOM just-in-case, too.
Much thanks for the offer Andy, I'm good for the trip with a bit of a buffer.

I don't know about MEM, the thought of her and Fencer together ... my mind reels at the carnage.

Hey, if you like me and 'attending' work today (Hey, I'm not doing anything that will result in me getting panicked phone calls stating that "Tokyo is on fire!" 24hrs before I leave for EOM), check this out. Great site! This page requires the Google Earth plugin (it'll prompt you to dl'd.)

Sunday Morning Rides.com

This is a 3D fly through of the Cumberland Falls run.

Latest posts