NERDS '11 is On-Line!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 06:15h. The bike's packed with almost all my clothes :blink: (in case I find work) and I can barely carry the topcase for Yammy ballcaps.

Meeting up with Charlie Hoss around lunchtime.

So......dog willing and the Creek don't rise, see y'all this afternoon !

:yahoo:

Oh man, I need another shower ....

Looks like I've won this stage.
Goon on ya' for beating the crowds, Bill.

But this ain't no Tour de France, man. :nono:

And I sure as hell hope you aren't sporting the spandex when we roll in there... :bad:

What did I need to put in the other side case?
Well duh!! Cheap (New Hampshire) beer. ;)

I'm 2-up (which translates to no space left unstuffed) so I'll only be bringing cheap NH whisky. :p

So......dog willing and the Creek don't rise, see y'all this afternoon !

:yahoo:

Oh man, I need another shower ....
See ya there! We'll be rolling into Eds' early afternoon sometime ourselves.

Ride safely everyone!!

Well, I think everything is finally ready. Spent the better part of 2 whole days just cleaning the shop and garages. It's never been this clean and organized. Now the problem is going to be remembering where I hid all the stuff that I had to "put away".
unsure.gif

Looks like perfect campfire weather for tonight.
yahoo.gif

See everyone there...

Ed.

Sooze and I are at the hotel. Several people are rolling in, and met some peeps at Ed's.

As luck has it, we timed it perfectly - as we were turning onto Ed's road, who else should happen to roll up but Carver, but he wasn't alone.

He had that sheep-toting weirdo from Michigan in tow.

:blink:

And so it begins.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, that does it, I'm out. No telling what genetically engineered mutant ovine STD scoobies that guy is carrying.
Uh Stevie, if I was you, I'd be a hell of a lot more concerned with what he caught from Carver in the hot tub, rather than from Miss Dolly-FJR Forum Party Sheep! WORD!

CarverBust.jpg

Okay, that does it, I'm out. No telling what genetically engineered mutant ovine STD scoobies that guy is carrying.
Uh Stevie, if I was you, I'd be a hell of a lot more concerned with what he caught from Carver in the hot tub, rather than from Miss Dolly-FJR Forum Party Sheep! WORD!

CarverBust.jpg
Video to be released soon! :lol:
LOL, Mizz Bustanut? Sorry to tell you, but Bustanut fell asleep first last night, jes' sayin'!!! :lol:

Okay, the work day is over. Bags are being packed, credit cards are being notified, I'm rolling out of here at the crack of f'all tomorrow morning. No spot tracker (hey, not much travelling this year, I'd rather save the $150!) but I should be rolling into Stowe around 6pm-7pm.

Rob, I expect the beer to be cold when I get there! (I'll grab 12 at the duty free).

See ya'll tomorrow!

For all of those who were in attendance (and those that wish they were):

First of all, thanks again to every one of you for making the event such an overwhelming success. It's like many other things, someone can do all the organizing and arranging in the world, but if the all of the participants don't do their part, it can still be a major flop. Well this one weren't no flop, and it is in a huge part due to all of you folks. NERDS is cool people!! :yahoo:

Almost everyone to a person has voiced their appreciation for the way things ran this year. Some of the comments often repeated were:

"There were so many nice routes, I wish I had a chance to ride them all",

and

"Can't we come back and do this again next year?"

Well, we have several months before the first of the year to get things lined up and look into all of the details, but I sure don't see why not.

I would expect it to be at approximately the same time of year (Mid August), and in generally the same time of week format (start mid week and finish up on Saturday) and at the same place. I really think we'd have a hard time finding a better venue (for our group needs) than the Commodores Inn anywhere in northern New England

We may try to come up with even more, additional routes for next year (remember, we NERDS are all about having choices) but I wanted to give you a copy of this year's routes that you can download, so you can check off the ones you've run already before the "oldtimers" memory fades too much. So here's a .pdf file of the brief ride descriptions that we had on the table with the sign up sheets.

PS - We'll probably be shutting down Ed's "FrankenServer" pretty soon, that the NERDS web site has been hosted on. But we'll get the route files hosted somewhere else for posterity and post back here when that's been done.

I would expect it to be at approximately the same time of year (Mid August), and in generally the same time of week format (start mid week and finish up on Saturday) and at the same place. I really think we'd have a hard time finding a better venue (for our group needs) than the Commodores Inn anywhere in northern New England
I hope Wednesday is included so we don't miss the boat races. :)

Hey all you nerdly NERDS!

Were you're too late in ordering a tee shirt? Didn't get enough free swag at the NERDS indoor barbeque? :unsure:

Well you in luck (sort of) as I have set-up an e-store at Zazzle with some NERDS logo stuff. There are coffee cups, key chains, and Mens' and Ladies' tee shirts available (pick your own style and shirt color), though the shirts will be significantly more expensive now than they were in the bulk order for the event. These will also not be the limited edition snow covered road version that will soon become a collector's item.

One nice option (of which I may get one for myself) is the NERDS tee shirt design printed on the "Performance micro-fiber". It's expensive at $40 a pop, but will probably be more useful on the bike than plain cotton.

So now you can all get your FJR NERDS on!!

Hey, you told me I had a collectors edition sticker that was reversed printed and now your offering it on key chains! You know what that does to the value of the sticker???? There goes my grandkids college education fund!