NERDS '11 is On-Line!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRed

Reaction score
It's here! :yahoo: It's finally Here! :yahoo: :yahoo:

The brand new, incredibly exciting, and information packed NERDS ’11 web-site is now on-line and ready for visitors. Click here --> FJRNerds.dyndns.org to be instantly transported to NERDS land.

The NERDS ’11 website should provide you with all the information you need about our planned event next summer. You’ll find the event dates and location, Hotel and reservation information, planned itinerary, FAQ’s, and a registration form you can use to add your name to the guest list. In the coming weeks we’ll add more details concerning the availability and ordering of NERDS ’11 T-shirts as well as any news or updates concerning the event. As we get closer to "NERDS" day, we’ll use this site to post the ride route descriptions and GPS files for download.

The registration form on the NERDS ’11 website allows you to add your name to the "NERDS Guest list". You don’t have to register to attend the event, but it’s a fun way to keep a running list of who’s planning to attend and it gives us a better idea of how many people to expect. You can easily remove your name from the list if you change your mind. The directions for updating your info and removing your name are listed on the registration form page.

As Fred W explained in earlier posts, we’re really trying to keep NERDS ’11 as casual and low-cost as possible. The "organized" ride days are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, (August 18th, 19th, and 20th) but we’ve tried to make it very informal and let each rider decide which days they want to come and go. You choose which days you want to ride and which routes you want to follow. We’ll have a selection of ride routes available for you to choose from, each one mapped out and tested to make sure you get to ride the best roads we have up here in New England and don’t get lost on some dirt road goat-trail. (With the possible exception of some of the routes that Fred plans. He seems to have a fondness for "unpaved" roads).

There will be plenty of opportunity for socializing with other FJR NERDS every evening, but the only night we have an official "NERDS" event planned is Friday. There will be a group Barbeque on Friday evening on the lake-side deck at the Hotel. The rest of the evenings are unplanned and free for you take advantage of the excellent Dinner buffet at the Hotel, or explore one of the many great restaurants in the Stowe area.

I will be hosting a "pre-NERDS" campfire at my house near Stowe on Wednesday night for any early arrivals. All are welcome to attend. Details and directions will be provided for those interested. Check the appropriate box on the registration form if you plan to attend the campfire and I’ll email you the info. (I’d rather not post directions to my house on the Internet)

In true NERDS fashion and in keeping with our mission of making this event as low-cost as possible, the NERDS ’11 web-site was created using completely free stuff we found on the Internet and I have it running on a computer built from old left-over PC parts that were in my basement. We’re even using a free service to provide the domain name to allow you to get to it. Since it didn’t cost us a penny to get the site up and running, hopefully this won’t be a case of "you get what you pay for". I’m not sure how much load my little "Franken-PC" can support, so if the site seems a little slow at times, please have some patience. (I hope this doesn’t completely kill my home Internet bandwidth or my wife will have my head...)

If you have any problems with the site or suggestions of things that might be useful to add, please send me a PM. If you have general comments or questions about the NERDS ’11 event, send an email to [email protected] so it will be seen by all of the event organizers.

Hope to see you there!

Ed.

(This same announcement is being posted simultaneously on the "other" forum as well)

Done deal. Not sure but my wife might even make it one day (I didn't include her yet). It'll be a good time for sure. Might even be able to wash your bike like I did this past ride on Sunday (downpour day). <_<

Tom

We're in (of course) :yahoo: !!

I even called the Commodore and made my reservation today. I think I may have been the first as they were scrambling to find the group rate. But not to worry, we have it all worked out.

PS - Only 7 King size rooms left now!! :p

I'm in and so is Michelle (she just doesn't know it yet :unsure: ). When I saw that the Commodores were going to be there I just had to sign up....I love that Lionel Richie....

Sweeeeeet! Less than 24 hours since it went live and 10 people have signed up already. At this rate, we're gonna need a bigger place...

Ed.

~3,200 miles

Nothing more than 2 BBG days in row?

:rolleyes:

I love this entire concept - it's the way it should be.

FrankenPc dishing out a bitchen lookin site hosted for free to keep costs down?

Kudos doodes, Kudos.

Vermont, man, that would be a stretch.

Never been in Vermont.

Hey, is that where Darrell and his other brother Darrel live? :lol:

"It's not far unless you don't go".....

:huh:

The site looks great, guys! Strong work! I have every intention of showing up for at least one or two of those days, will wait until time draws nearer to see what my work schedule is gonna do. Also have to figure in which kid(s) if any are allowed to ride shotgun on the back! Becky will definitely be in as well on her kool-aid cart.

Don, your always welcome to fly into NY and ride up to VT with me. I have a sweet 2K VFR800 with some Ortlieb dry bags for you to use or if you want to get real adventurous I have a '05 KLR that would probably fit you just right. I might even be able to get you a Harley with some loud pipes so you can ride the "alternative routes" that Fred has laid out. :lol:

Don, your always welcome to fly into NY and ride up to VT with me. I have a sweet 2K VFR800 with some Ortlieb dry bags for you to use or if you want to get real adventurous I have a '05 KLR that would probably fit you just right. I might even be able to get you a Harley with some loud pipes so you can ride the "alternative routes" that Fred has laid out. :lol:
Chris, if Don wants to ride on the wild side he can borrow my Spyder...

Don,

Chris's Y2k VFR is a beauty. Or, if you can't be seen on a yellow bike, I have a copy of the same exact bike in red (a '98) that you'd be welcome to borrow, but alas I have no bags for it anymore.

OTOH I do have the fully bagged up Man-strom that you you are welcome to use for the event.

I know, I know... it's not a wee, but I have a feeling you could handle all that extra power. :p

Two things need to be added to this thread:

First and foremost: I need to let everyone know just how much of a complete stud FJRed is. When he jumped in and volunteered to help with this year's NERDS event, little did I realize just how much help he would be. The most excellent FJR NERDS website is primarily of his doing. What an awesome resource for folks to become informed and to see all of the fun we'll be having in just 246 days (and counting). :yahoo:

Not only that, but the guy has some graphic art talents too. He is the sole designer of the way too cool "FJR NERDS '11" logo (will be similar to this small one copied from the NERDS website), which will also be the logo (full sized) on the back of the long sleeve tee-shirts to be made available for sale soon, and distributed at the event.

NERDS%20V2.jpg

Thank you, Ed.

You are the MAN!!

Secondly, as has been mentioned previously, and is also spelled out on the NERDS web page, we have a block of 45 rooms based on the interest poll we took this fall. Once the blocked rooms are sold out the hotel will continue to offer any remaining unbooked room they have at the same rate. The Inn has only 72 rooms in total.

There is only a $50 (fully refundable) deposit to make a reservation. If you think there is a strong likelihood that you will be attending, I encourage you to make your reservations early so you don't get left without a room at the Inn. I'm sure you could find another one somewhere nearby, but staying at the event site is half the fun. We intentionally got this all lined up really early so that folks could make their vacation plans early, and so the hotel would not have many other bookings yet.

That is all...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sighed up, room booked, are we there yet! :cigar: :drinks: :hyper:

Don, if you want to ride out you're welcome to take a break at my place, 'bout half way point.

Course you're going to have to fight the dog for the couch. :exhappysmiley:

Signed up.

I really think this is the event of the year (for me anyways) since i have Never been that far northeast.

I am making my plans now for this.

Going to cancel. My finances are saying no way

Wow!! Adam, that is awesome news. I don't know if you were in the original poll count or not as we weren't collecting names, just numbers. (I do remeber Airboss mentioning his interest)

So far you'll be coming from the furthest point away (though Carver might beat that if he mans up :p ).

There might even be some kind'a prize for the farthest traveler to NERDS.

I'm psyched!! :yahoo:

PS - we don't often see many diesel oil spills here in NE, if that is of any significance to you personally? :rolleyes:

PPS- It is very gratifying to see folks from all over getting onboard. It was definitely our "big idea" to draw folks from as far and wide as possible. FJR diversity, don't ya know? :thumbsup:

~3,200 miles

Nothing more than 2 BBG days in row?

:rolleyes:

Vermont, man, that would be a stretch.

Come on you puss... I'm signed up... :p

Guess i better get off my lazy ass and get my passport...

I have a confession...

I am thinking of trailering the FJR up there... :eek: I just don't find slabbing 2500+ miles enjoyable. :nono: No Dark Sider here! :p

So, I will throw this out there. I recently bought a Dodge Ram Mega Cab Diesel that will comfortably haul 4 FJR's and 4 people. The cost divided by 4 would be cheaper than riding the FJR's, And we can have fresh rubber when we arrive. It's still early, But i will entertain ideas.

Let me know

Canceled. :(