SW-FOG 2011 "Update"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2011 SW-FOG

September 6 – September 9, 2011

Best Western Kachina Lodge & Meeting Center

413 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte Taos, New Mexico, 87571

Reservations: 575-758-2275 or 1-800-522-4462

Mention: SW-FOG or Group #1669

Notice:

This year SW-FOG is being held during the week with check-in being Tuesday September 6th and check-out being Friday September 9th. After much consideration, it was decided that holding this rally during the week will allow more riders to attend. Holding on a weekend causes peoples schedule to run into two different weeks, which can cause conflicts with vacation planning for those members that require work related scheduling. The whole point of posting this information so early is to allow everyone wanting to attend the ability to make arrangements, fulfill job requirements, save money, etc. etc.

Requests for the ride being held again in Taos (Toas) were over whelming. The Kachina Lodge was very hospitable to us last year, the weather was perfect and the riding unsurpassed. Colorado was considered, but memories of the family of Pinheads attending the 2009 SW-FOG in Page, AZ where they had to ride through snow to get to Page. The weather along the Western Slope is unpredictable in September.

Details:

Room Rates: $79.99 per day

There are currently 20 Single King and 20 Queen/ Queen Rooms reserved and you can request a smoking room if you so desire. Rates are good three days prior and three days after for those of you that want to arrive early or stay late. Mention SW-FOG when making reservation

Breakfast: Free full Breakfast each and every day

Dinner: $18.83 inc. tax & tip (same as last year). Dinner will be served Wednesday evening. Payment for the meal will be paid upon check-in. I went ahead and picked the BBQ Chicken & Ribs w/trimmings since it was very good last year.

Bike Wash: Washing area will be setup with towels for drying upon our arrival starting Tuesday morning and will be available through Thursday.

Drinks: Last year we received ½ off our first drink in the hotel bar. I am working on this again this year, but it is not yet etched in stone. I will advise at a later date.

It would be appreciated if each attending rider would drop Big-D a PM letting me know you are attending and whether you will be bringing someone [i.e. Pillion, Sheep, Goat, Armadillo (real or otherwise)]. This enables us to keep track of total attendees!

This sounds like a well planned, fun event. Sadly we will not be able to make it since our annual road trip (and allocation of vacation time and $$) is for the following week. We're going to ride to and around the Breckenridge area of Colorado.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one may be doable this year.. ;)
That creates a very disturbing visual :blink: :p
https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Owosso&1s=MI&1y=US&1l=42.997799&1g=-84.176697&1v=CITY&2c=Taos&2s=NM&2y=US&2l=36.4072&2g=-105.572502&2v=CITY No Shit, Bust; it was You Big-D and I had in mind, resulting in SW-FOG 2011 being mid-week. Three, less than 8 hours, days and only 510 miles a day riding to Taos; Ya Jackass!
Now, to find a job to finance the trip....

In the highly unlikely event my company decides to call me back :rolleyes: The bad part would be only five days off for vacation.

This will likely be a fly in. :(

This one may be doable this year.. ;)
That creates a very disturbing visual :blink: :p
https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Owosso&1s=MI&1y=US&1l=42.997799&1g=-84.176697&1v=CITY&2c=Taos&2s=NM&2y=US&2l=36.4072&2g=-105.572502&2v=CITY No Shit, Bust; it was You Big-D and I had in mind, resulting in SW-FOG 2011 being mid-week. Three, less than 8 hours, days and only 510 miles a day riding to Taos; Ya Jackass!
Now, to find a job to finance the trip....

In the highly unlikely event my company decides to call me back :rolleyes: The bad part would be only five days off for vacation.

This will likely be a fly in. :(
As you know, Buckwheat: I have got you covered for a bike if you fly into Phoenix, anything in my moto fleet is yours to ride. Even the new Yamaha Super Tenere 1200, just don't do a "Skooty" on it. Monday, September 5 is Labor Day; so most places will let you have the day off. Working construction my whole life after the US Army, I was never ever paid for Labor Day; but at least every Mechanical Contractor I worked for for forty years let me have the day off, or paid me double time if I had to work it.

Fly into Phoenix and stay at my house, then we ride up to Interstate 40 to meet up with the N. Zonies. So, once again, your only costs are fuel, food, room for 3 nights, condoms and booze; splitting a room with another FJR Forum Member will only cost you $40 a night. For sexual favors, Big Adam - Galaxy Blue said you could room with him. Have Fun!!!

If you do room with GalaxyBlue, you should buy the LARGEST condoms; remember Jackass, the condoms are for Adam not for you!

IMG_20100919_162636.jpg

Gonna have to do a little planning now. Hope to make it and should be able to commit (or not) reasonably soon, pending a looong and careful rethinking after being assaulted by that rallymaster in a G-string shot and the probability that those types of images might be part of the equation.

You guys: F'ing PLEASE -- I can take pics of Zilla humpin' Dolly like a wild man while she nails Skooter in the ass, but Big-D?!? WTF?!? And from below on the stairs?? GACK!!! :blink:

No one is gonna want to read this thread for rally details with that abomination preceding the relevant info. I didn't need to know that beemerdons actually wears a G-string, really didn't need to get that visual, and I can't wash it out of my eyes with battery acid.

Gonna have to do a little planning now. Hope to make it and should be able to commit or not soon, but I'm gonna have to think this over now with that G-string shot in the equation.

You guys: F'ing PLEASE -- I can take pics of Zilla humpin' Dolly like a wild man while she nails Skooter in the ass, but Big-D?!? WTF?!? And from below on the stairs?? GACK!!! :blink:

No one is gonna want to read this thread for rally details with that abomination preceding the relevant info. I didn't need to know that beemerdons wore a G-string, really didn't need to get that visual and I can't wash out of my eyes with battery acid. Are attendees gonna be subjected to that sort of rally master imagery at the meet?

Don, por favor, please refrain from baring your form in that G-string until next October???
Ah Baloney Rich, nobody cares what I am wearing at one in the morning bringing back beer and pizza!

And by the way, Papa Chuy does NOT own Ugg boots; and I'd not be caught dead in that color of thong!

Ah Baloney Rich, nobody cares what I am wearing at one in the morning bringing back beer and pizza!
And by the way, Papa Chuy does NOT own Ugg boots; and I'd not be caught dead in that color of thong!
Well, thanks, Don. That DOES make a difference, and I feel a little more at ease. :rolleyes:

Reading these regional rally adverts sometimes puts my brain into a black hole? :huh:

I "might" go, but then again, I "might" not, based on what's been said. :blink:

If you think that picture is disturbing, you should have seen the look on the girls face when he walked into the Pizza place to pick it up!!

If you think that picture is disturbing, you should have seen the look on the girls face when he walked into the Pizza place to pick it up!!
Brother Dan, that gal at the Pizza Parlor really hurt my feelings: She made a comment: "Looks just like a human penis, only much smaller!" jes' sayin'