The Official SFO Rally 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbottoms

Reaction score
SFO 2011 Web Site is operational. Click Here

Registration is now open.

I am still working on the menu for Saturday Night.

More to come.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize we may have to put up with a little heat, but after getting dumped on the last two years, I thought it better to tempt the heat instead of the rain.

Mark

I hope many will appreciate the low price Mark was able to get the rooms for at the Brookfield Inn! I hear they are very excited to host SFO this year. :clapping:

And please note, that at this time, sign up is free! Word on the street is that you MAY be able to pay for your Saturday night banquet at the door. ;) Hopefully that rumor turns true! :good:

Great website Mark. Hmmm really have to think about this.

Are there other resturants within walking distance of the hotel? If so, can we BYOB to them?

Is Odot coming!!!!!

Hmmmm... Just checked the average rainfall for Arkansas in March, April, and May. March= 4.9 inches, April= 5.5 inches, May= 5.2 inches. Don't think there will be a lot less rain. Maybe less tornadoes. :lol:

GP

Well it was a goat not a sheep...senior moment. Nice website Michelle. And thanks

to you and Mark for all your behind-the-scene efforts.

Hmmmm... Just checked the average rainfall for Arkansas in March, April, and May. March= 4.9 inches, April= 5.5 inches, May= 5.2 inches. Don't think there will be a lot less rain. Maybe less tornadoes. :lol:

GP
Hopefully below is a graph of the average rainfall and temperatures in Russellville.

prcq1513.png
lhaq1513.png

Later in May is a downside in the precipitation. As you can see the driest months are the hottest. Also there is only a couple of inches difference between the driest and wettest months. Arkansas is a freaking jungle.

My brother and I say that you can't expect to ride a bike in Arkansas for a week and not expect to get wet!

Also that time of year is just getting up into the 90's. Once you get the ole FJR in the mid double digits the wind chill will have you in the high 70's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lessee - Russellville - never rained on us, Eureka was 3-3. I predict amazing weather! :p

And this is only one weekend later than last year, shouldn't be that hot if it is nice.

Lessee - Russellville - never rained on us, Eureka was 3-3. I predict amazing weather! :p

And this is only one weekend later than last year, shouldn't be that hot if it is nice.
Well, I hope your right. I'm sure everybody has had their fill of rain during SFO. A little optimism is a good thing. I need to find mine.

GP

Yes, Thank You Michelle for helping me with the Web Site.

She pretty much did all the work on the Web Site.

And Yes, we need all the positive thinking going toward nice weather.

Mark

Hi folks...

I just got confirmed vacation days from work to attend SFO. I'm pretty much a newbie with the FJR still. So planning on makeing the trip to Arkansas as kind of my first big (for me anyway) test ride. Sounds like a blast..

"Ozark Mountain Twisties" WOW can't wait.

Thanks for the great website ! Looking forward to meeting up.

I may be attending. I have family in Springfield, MO and so it would be nice to go to SFO and then on up for a visit. I usually meet other friends in Asheville, NC Memorial Day weekend so I'd pass through there on the way home.

Haven't ask for the time off work yet so this is still in the planning stage but a strong possibility.

Dave

Hey SFO'ers..

I so want to attend - but I'll be working my 'other' 'paying' job and simply can't attend. Maybe next year? It sure sounds like fun, and I'd like to make a CBA run over to the Southern hood and visit some spots that my Pops grew up in as well as party with ya'll.. :p

I wish you a fun and successful SFO 2011 meet!

Unfortunately I won't make SFO this year.

The weather forecast was so good last week, I jumped the gun and rode to Russellville last Tuesday and spent three nights at the Best Western there.

I got back yesterday afternoon, tired, happy and with very little rubber left on my PR2's.

I don't think they would have taken another day.

Most roads were in great shape and traffic was very light.

A couple of road notes;

Paving should be finished on 215 between Cass and Oark by the time SFO starts. There is no dirt section now but I did have to ride a section with fresh oil that was being prepped for top coat of asphalt. I've always liked that road and it should be even better now.

On the way home I rode Hwy 16 from Pelsor to Greers Ferry.As always 16 has a few spots of broken or rough pavement. Evidently they had a lot of snow this winter and responded with aggressive sand spreading. Long section still have lots of sand and it seems to collect in the corners. Seemed like Pope county was the leader in sand distribution. It actually started on 123 west of Pelsor and continued eastward until you got to the Van Buren county line. Since SFO is in late May maybe most of it will be gone by then.

The ride to the top of Mt. Nebo is short but convenient to Russellville. Good practice for extremely tight and steep turns.

The ride over Mt. Magazine was nice too with great overlooks at the top.

Have fun and hopefully I will be back next year.

Alright, I'm still trying to make make arrangements around work for this, but I have a questions for all the SFO veterans out there. I know the dates are for Friday, Saturday & Sunday. For those like me with the better part of a days ride to get there, do you get ride down Thursday to meet up with the group to spend Friday riding in the area, or do you come down on Friday and the group meets up that night? Just trying to see what others are doing to get in as much group riding down there as I can.