CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Michael My Brother, I know you'd seriously warned me about those bog stomping Canadians. But your fears were unfounded, just look at these 3 prime examples.

Beauty, eh!

IMG1389-M.jpg
Yes, Papa Chuy, it appears they're thinking hard about something.

....or someone just shouted "We're out of Molson's!"
Actually, they are just trying to read the bilingual menu board at the Tim Horton's. That's why we kicked Don out of the Great White North, he couldn't even order a Double-Double in French. That won't get it done up here in the Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
he couldn't even order a Double-Double in French.
Would that be La Doo-Doo?
I see we flunked French in high school... it's ' un double-double, s'il vous plaît '

I only passed my Grade 10 French when I promised I wouldn't take French anymore in high school since it was an elective after Grade 10. :graduated:

I was considered 'disruptive' :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was considered 'disruptive' :innocent:
[high five]

You and me both. Our teacher would just send Carl and I out to the hall at the start of each class. Suited us fine. She passed us both at the end of the year.

Who would've known that just a few short years later I'd be moving to the largest French community outside of Quebec in Canada. So here its 30 years later and I still can't speak it. But I can follow a conversation (most times).

Though, I still like to bring an cute interpreter with me when I venture into the wild's of Quebec.