Bike exchange?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgrif

Reaction score
I know people who have "home" exchanged with folks from Scotland and here in Canada, (Okanagan, Vernon area)! I have an opportunity to use a friends home in "Banff Scotland" for the months of July and August 2011. I'm just wondering if any FJR owners in the UK might consider an exchange? My home and bike in Vernon, British Columbia Canada for their FJR in the UK? Not sure of what I might be getting myself into here but thought I would run this up the flag pole and see which way the wind blows! If anyone wants to talk about this, call Mark @ 250-275-4702, I'm not sure about country code that would have to be used from the UK? Vernon is about 400 kms from Vancouver B.C. and there are lots of great riding roads in this area and you're not far from the US but that my not work so well with insurance? Give me a call if your want to ask questions.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. I've wondered about the same kind of thing, either across the Atlantic (or the Pacific, for that matter) or across the continent. So many flat miles to cover to ride either coast from the other.

I even called my insurance company some time ago to see how they'd feel about the idea. Surprisingly, they weren't very enthused. <_< Still, hope you can make it work.

I would try posting on the FJR Owners forum. There are a lot more European owners there than there are here, IMHO.

Finally got round to reading this page.

I'd be happy to let members use my bike over here as I work 2wks on/off so bike sits in the garage a lot.

Subject to being able to get insurance cover, that could be the sticking point. I guess.

Hey Tuggy, how about a straight swap (per jmgriff's original post?) I've often thought about it, and I know a lot of folks "over 'ome" have thought about visiting the Rockies, and having a bike available makes it all the more attractive. I'll PM you...

Griff