Spring's here how about a group ride..............

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gramps

Reaction score
How about we get together for breakfast & a group ride?

Weather can be iffy, but I'm thinking Saturday April 30th.

*UPDATE* I have modified the route (305 miles) slightly to include a couple more roads. If the length of the trip gets to be a factor they can be easily bypassed. Again, I have "turn by turn" directions, Streets & Trips file & GPX file. If you want PM me with your email & I'll send any or all. For those of you I have already sent route files to I will send you out new ones.

Breakfast at the Hastings Perkins at 8am, on the road 9-9:30am.

scan0001.jpg

List of attendees

1. Gramps/Marc

2. Scoobyvroom/Chris + 1 riding buddy:

3. Ryan

4. Wicked Webby/Matt + 1 riding buddy:

5. Jamie

6. Joe2Lmaker/Joe

7. carlson_mn/Matt

8. OFace/Marty

9. SwollenRaccoon/Scott

10. Cruzin/Jayd

11. sporto/Tim

12. radman/Dave

13. mnxs54/Mark + 1 riding buddy:

14. Mark's friend

15. TripperMike/Mike

16. roger dodger/Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on ya'll, ya'll!

Oh, Amen!

..but I won't be there, too cold, too far, too much for a Candy Butt! :lol:

Good on ya'll, ya'll!

Oh, Amen!

..but I won't be there, too cold, too far, too much for a Candy Butt! :lol:
+1, Gunny! An Amen for you Midwest Folks! 2 years of snow in Germany and never again for Papa Chuy!
Ah come on & join us Dons. The average high will be 60-65, it'll feel like air conditioning by then for you guys.

I live 10 mins. from the airport, you can bunk at my place & I have a vintage Gold Wing you two can share. :D

Wish I could, but it looks like my weekend with the kids. Bike's still stowed away, but not for long :)

...Ah come on & join us Dons. The average high will be 60-65, it'll feel like air conditioning by then for you guys.

I live 10 mins. from the airport, you can bunk at my place & I have a vintage Gold Wing you two can share. :D
...and I bet I know who will be riding in back. :p

Is this the upcoming April 30th? Or sooner in March?

If I can bunk at your place to save costs, I MAY look and see whether I can make it or not....and whether you guys have any roads worth riding. I can stay in Illinois and ride straight roads. Do youse guys have any roads up there? Or are they all down in 'sconsin?

If they're straight, I'll probably do SW WI.

Don't lie to me now. :lol:

Wish I had seen this yesterday I just sent my shock to Racetech for some work. Will have it back in about 2 weeks... Woops!

...Ah come on & join us Dons. The average high will be 60-65, it'll feel like air conditioning by then for you guys.

...and I bet I know who will be riding in back. :p

Is this the upcoming April 30th? Or sooner in March?

If I can bunk at your place to save costs, I MAY look and see whether I can make it or not....and whether you guys have any roads worth riding. I can stay in Illinois and ride straight roads. Do youse guys have any roads up there? Or are they all down in 'sconsin?

If they're straight, I'll probably do SW WI.

Don't lie to me now. :lol:
Mark we got roads just like SW Sconnie, you won't be disappointed and yes you are more than welcome to stay at my place.

This will be April 30th, March weather is too difficult to plan anything outside.

Hope you can make it.

Wish I had seen this yesterday I just sent my shock to Racetech for some work. Will have it back in about 2 weeks... Woops!
Scooby, this is planned for April so you should be good to go.

Well, put me down tentatively for this one...

I'll bring my sleeping bag and sleeping pad, so I just need a place on the floor...nothing fancy. That way carver and beemer boy can still show up. ;)

The only possible hangups for me is that it is 2 weekends before I leave for California...so if I have a maintenance issue to take care of...that might hang me up. The other would be weather...if I have to slog thru bad weather to get there, I might pick another location for that weekend.

Send me a PM sometime when you get a route set up.

Gotta check my schedule......

Gonna try and make it. Don't know if I'll be on my Victory or my Zuke.

WW

I will be there to meet and ride.

Webb - you better bring the Victory, we haven't met but you rode with my buddy Pat on his R1 last fall and he has been talking about your Victory quite a bit, he wants one now.

I will be there to meet and ride.

Webb - you better bring the Victory, we haven't met but you rode with my buddy Pat on his R1 last fall and he has been talking about your Victory quite a bit, he wants one now.
Great, glad you can make it Matt.

Ohhh... I want to go. Have to play it a little by ear though. I'll know when it gets a little closer.

I'm in. Depending on your route (clockwise or counterclockwise), I'll have to determine where I'll meet you. The following weekend, a young coworker (also on an 08 FJR) and I are planning a 4-day ride to northern Arkansas. I'm going to do my best to go, but I have a few other things going on that may hose things up.

Can't wait. Thanks for putting this together, Marc.

I'm in. Depending on your route (clockwise or counterclockwise), I'll have to determine where I'll meet you. The following weekend, a young coworker (also on an 08 FJR) and I are planning a 4-day ride to northern Arkansas. I'm going to do my best to go, but I have a few other things going on that may hose things up.

Can't wait. Thanks for putting this together, Marc.
Scott, we'll be starting at the Perkins in Hastings (start time yet to be determined) then head clockwise to Prescott & points SE.

Looking forward to riding with you again. :)

:yahoo: I'm in! The ex, and I had to swap a weekend around for other reasons, with the kids, and It leaves me free to ride 4-30. Hopefuly this snow will be gone by then. :blink:

Mark,

That looks to be about the same loop we did a couple of years ago :unknw: Depending on what time you plan on getting back I should be able to make it.

I need to have the YZ in SD the next morning for a Poker Run / Hare Scramble :rockwoot: