Would you buy one?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On tour for the rest of July -- something-like 10 different dealerships:

motus_120.jpg

Honda ST, FJR, and Concours all struggled with heat on the rider.

None of them nailed it right out of the box. But, at least coffee can fixes helped.

And later years, offered band-aids.

Now comes the Motus with even more power and more heat pouring from the engine and headers.

So, let's put the pipes and top end right smack in front of the rider's shins.

Yah, that'll work. (at least in December)

There's no quick fix for this design layout.

Throwing down an entire afternoon in 95+ with humidity will be unthinkable.

And unfixable.

I'll pass. Maybe the next gen will put some plastic between the pipes and rider.

Heck, I'm from the midwest, I seems like southern riders should be yelling

"oh, hell no" before their next heart beat!

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something?

This bike is in the new MotorCyclist mag if anyone hasn't seen it. Cost as mentioned could be a big factor. Personally I like the 1/2 a Chevy motor with hyd. valves which could be a great sounding motor if nothing else. But 4 valves per cylinder would be way better than 2.

IMO the best way would be to mount the motor sideways, and enclose everything in a fairing, causing better wind/element management, and better heat management with the bike and rider. This would also help with cornering clearance issues and better aerodynamics overall. Also as mentioned the chain would have to go and a driveshaft in its place.

So until all the issues above are resolved I would have to say, no. PM. <>< ;)

Maybe when they have a track record like Yamaha or Harley, wait, Harley? they're still POS' in my book. Lol.

American bikes = not the best in bike technology or manufacture at least yet.

Maybe once established and proven but I like reliability and overall the FJ is pretty much on top.

Interesting bike, interesting story behind it, and I hope they do well. I suspect that the price will kill it in what is a small/niche market - I know they haven't set the price yet, but most speculation I've seen puts it WAY out of my league.

Griff

I'm open minded when it comes to bikes and personally would like to see Motus succeed. Would I buy one? Well, maybe, but the value I see with the FJR is what I'm after - a good reliable bike that does many things well for reasonable cost.

From what I see they do need more fairing, shaft drive, and better heat control. I like the concept tho....

Fuck yes I would buy one! However, if I had the money to buy everything I saw, I'd have Liberace's most treasured, bedazzled, studio grand piano in my Italian Marble tiled living room.