CFR 2011 Rides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
I see that the rides are now listed on the web site. https://fjrrally.com/CFR/index.php?page=Home&sub=Rides

Thanks for updating the site. Decisions, decisions..........where to go?

Six rides to choose from and only two days to ride. I like choices like this. I'm thinking St Andrews-by-the-Sea one day for a feed at Ossie's. A run out to Miscou Island for the other day. A long ride but could be a great one if the weather is good. I was only ever there once and it truly felt like the end of the earth.

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
A run out to Miscou Island for the other day. A long ride but could be a great one if the weather is good. I was only ever there once and it truly felt like the end of the earth.

Canadian FJR
I'm telling you, Scottie.......this one COULD be po-keeee

All those tiny, french villages to ride through.

Just sayin' ...... :D

I figure it would end up being about a 10 hour day. If the weather is good, I think it would be worth it. I'll just have to wait and see if any other folks are interested in doing it.

Canadian FJR

.......this one COULD be po-keeee

Just sayin' ...... :D
I don't know why in the world this is true, but everytime our Mary Ellen says pokey: I swear to God that I can hear Jerry Lee Lewis singing Great Balls of Fire! jes' sayin'

“Great Balls of Fire”

You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain

Too much love drives a man insane

You broke my will, oh what a thrill

Goodness gracious great balls of fire

I learned to love all of Hollywood money

You came along and you moved me honey

I changed my mind, looking fine

You kissed me baba, woo.....it feels good

Hold me baba, learn to let me love you like a lover should

Your fine, so kind

I'm a nervous world that your mine mine mine mine-ine

I cut my nails and I quiver my thumb

I'm really nervous but it sure is fun

Come on baba, you drive me crazy

Well kiss me baba, woo-oooooo....it feels good

Hold me baba

I want to love you like a lover should

Your fine, so kind

I got this world that your mine mine mine mine-ine

I cut my nails and I quiver my thumb

I'm real nervous 'cause it sure is fun

Come on baba, you drive me crazy

I say goodness gracious great balls of fire...oooh..

Hey, Don, you coulda just said "Hubba hubba!!"

Scott, since I am planning to exit CFR via the Gaspe, I will take in Roche Perce afterwards.

I see that the rides are now listed on the web site. https://fjrrally.com/CFR/index.php?page=Home&sub=Rides

Thanks for updating the site. Decisions, decisions..........where to go?

Six rides to choose from and only two days to ride. I like choices like this. I'm thinking St Andrews-by-the-Sea one day for a feed at Ossie's. A run out to Miscou Island for the other day. A long ride but could be a great one if the weather is good. I was only ever there once and it truly felt like the end of the earth.

Canadian FJR
I am interested in the Hopewell Rocks trip.....Tuesday for me.

Hey, Don, you coulda just said "Hubba hubba!!"

Scott, since I am planning to exit CFR via the Gaspe, I will take in Roche Perce afterwards.
You are right of course Ray, but I am trying to save up as many of my "Hubba, hubbas" as I can! I am going to be with Tyler and barb for five days in May in Northern California; and I just know that I am going to need all of the "Hubba, hubbas" I can muster up for that adventure!

A question for the Province Locals: Can you give me some approximate distances and times for these six rides? Please nothing to the exact kilometer, or to the very minute, but just an approximation. For example, if you came to visit Arizona and asked tu Papa Chuy what the Chandler, Payson, Camp Verde, Phoenix, then back to Chandler loop would be: I would spout out 6.5 hours covering 300 miles, including a lunch break at the Crosswinds Airport Grille. Muchas Gracias, Mi Muchachos!

EDIT: I suppose this is a question for my Evil Twin Brother, yamafitter. Bill F.: Will the Confederation Bridge ride will be incorporated into and accomplished on our ride to the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island?

Welcome aboard, Matt ! AND John d !

My 2 cents worth: Ray, you can do Roche Perce via Miscou :D

The Fundy / Hopewell Rocks will be a fun ride - lots of good scenery. And those sticky buns in Alma? Hubba hubba! Great Balls of Fire! LIGHT My Fire! After a foggy little run through Fundy Park .....oooh la la :wub:

And St Andrews ....the town is a neat little seaside 'resort' area with the funky Fairmont Alquonquin Hotel and a great little restaurant deck on Water St that sits over the water - if the tide's in (keep in mind, the Bay of Fundy has the highest tides in the world) And Ossie's, well.... it's a roadside gourmand experience :p

The ride to Hartland, Home of the World's Longest Bridge, (AND Covered Bridge potato chips) is 'up' one of the river and 'down' the other. If you want to put in a longer day, we could go west to Hartland and do the loop back and then south to St Andrews. I can give you a long day in the saddle if that's what you want ;) The views along this route are unparalleled anywhere in the world. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. (and the road's good, too, as long as that 40-metre washed-out section is fixed :blink: )

beemerdons .... you stick with me, big guy :thumbsup:

EDIT: I suppose this is a question for my Evil Twin Brother, yamafitter. Bill F.: Will the Confederation Bridge ride will be incorporated into and accomplished on our ride to the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island?
Confederation Bridge was not in the original planned route to get to the Cabot Trail. However, after we ride the Cabot and stay in Pictou it is a short ride up to the ferry and then across PEI exiting on the Confederation Bridge. It can be done but will add mileage and time to the ride back to Burlington VT.

I will also look at a route that will take us over the bridge and then cross the ferry into Pictou and then on to Cape Breton Island. Once I have some mileages I will let you know how it works for time.

Confederation Bridge was not in the original planned route to get to the Cabot Trail. However, after we ride the Cabot and stay in Pictou it is a short ride up to the ferry and then across PEI exiting on the Confederation Bridge. It can be done but will add mileage and time to the ride back to Burlington VT.

I will also look at a route that will take us over the bridge and then cross the ferry into Pictou and then on to Cape Breton Island. Once I have some mileages I will let you know how it works for time.
Thank You Bill, That is why you are the Brains of this operation; and Mary Ellen is the Beauty, Praise the Lord it is not the other way around!

Thank You Bill, That is why you are the Brains of this operation; and Mary Ellen is the Beauty, Praise the Lord it is not the other way around!
Don, darling. I know you mean this in THE kindest possible way, since I'm no slouch in the brains department (IMNSHO) :rolleyes:

Now, other departments, maybe ..... :blink:

Don, darling. I know you mean this in THE kindest possible way, since I'm no slouch in the brains department (IMNSHO) :rolleyes:

Now, other departments, maybe ..... :blink:
Of Course Mon Cherie, I certainly know that you are one sharp cookie, as well as gorgeous! But poor Bill and I were severely beaten with the ugly stick, and Bill was the Lucky One that also got all of the brains! We Fenian Paddies are "The Kings of Blarney"!

Of Course Mon Cherie, I certainly know that you are one sharp cookie, as well as gorgeous! But poor Bill and I were severely beaten with the ugly stick, and Bill was the Lucky One that also got all of the brains! We Fenian Paddies are "The Kings of Blarney"!
"Blarney" . . . is that like bulls**t ?

:D

The Fundy / Hopewell Rocks will be a fun ride - lots of good scenery. And those sticky buns in Alma? Hubba hubba! Great Balls of Fire! LIGHT My Fire! After a foggy little run through Fundy Park .....oooh la la :wub:
You just described my ride with you and Mark to the rocks. Mem isn't lying, that's a good ride - and if you time it right, the sticky buns are still hot with a fresh cup of coffee.

Hopewell Rocks one day because I have always wanted to see the Bay of Fundy at low tide.

St. Martins another day to ride the ferries.

Then it's off to the Cabot Trail.

I've been told that I clean up purdy good and compared to Bustanut we're all purdy smart around here.

jus sayin' :)

You just described my ride with you and Mark to the rocks. Mem isn't lying, that's a good ride - and if you time it right, the sticky buns are still hot with a fresh cup of coffee.
;)

I've been told that I clean up purdy good and compared to Bustanut we're all purdy smart around here.

jus sayin' :)
I wish Bust and BikerGeek were going to be at CFR NB, I busted a gut laughing at those two clowns at CFR QC. If it works out, I hope to stop in Ohio to see Andy and Sooze on my way to Freddy Beach; and catch The Jackass and Sheila in Owosso on the ride back!