ZX14 owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edjo69

Reaction score
Just traded the VTX for an 06 zx14, need a good site for info. The rotors are warped, BAD, so I need to find a good set of replacements. Thanx, e

I rode with a guy who had a ZX14 and it was certainly faster than the FJR, I was surprised at how well the FJR kept up. After 120mph, it was a totally different story though. I liked how it fit me being taller.

Hi, I also own a ZX-14. Welcome to the world of speed. Get a set of Pilot Roads for it and a seat belt!

I recently acquired a 2012 Green ZX-14. It's up at Corbin seat factory being used as the model for hard luggage and heated seat. I only had it one month when I let them borrow it. Even with other wonderful bikes to ride I miss it and it's like having a cherished possession gone.

I recently acquired a 2012 Green ZX-14. It's up at Corbin seat factory being used as the model for hard luggage and heated seat. I only had it one month when I let them borrow it. Even with other wonderful bikes to ride I miss it and it's like having a cherished possession gone.
You bastard!

For some reason I am really jones'ing for that bike.

You bastard!

Skooter,

You will be meeting my friend at the Alamo Express. He was the first rider to sign up.

I would love to see the pics of that bike with hard luggage. I had told myself to stop thinking about the new ZX14R precisely because it could not be outfitted for my sport touring obsession, for which I currently alternate between my 05 FJR and my 03 Blackbird (both of which bikes I love). However, like others in this thread, I have trouble not thinking about the new ZX14R, with bar risers, lowered pegs, bit taller windshield, comfort seat.

Please post those hard luggage pics! Side cases only or top case too?

Last edited by a moderator:
One can only hope that the ZedEx bags are as attractive as the ones Corbin builds for the ZedAreEx.....
beetlebags.jpg

:blink: :dribble: :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
One can only hope that the ZedEx bags are as attractive as the ones Corbin builds for the ZedAreEx.....
beetlebags.jpg
IMAG0005-1.jpg

:blink: :dribble: :blink:
I have black Beetle bags on my black Blackbird (alliteration intended). What's with the orange peel dimpled texture on the rear of the bags? The color is obviously optional but.... I think I will stick with the Bird in the hand.... It's plenty fast for this old fart. Cheers.

I have black Beetle bags on my black Blackbird (alliteration intended). What's with the orange peel dimpled texture on the rear of the bags? The color is obviously optional but.... I think I will stick with the Bird in the hand.... It's plenty fast for this old fart. Cheers.
I wish I had an answer to why Corbin decided to copy a golf ball for the ZRX Beetle Bags, because that is uglier than HotRodZilla on a GOOD day.

IMO, Corbin REALLY screwed the pooch on the ZRX Beetle Bags.

I will definitely post pics when the bike is finished. They are making side bags only. No top case. Heated seat also. The previous generation ZX-14 bags from Corbin are a nice product. The bike has been there for 3 weeks today and they are working hard on it! That bike has thrust like I've never experienced. Even the S1000rr with lighter weight and slightly less HP doesn't feel like it pulls as hard as the ZX-14. The torque is awesome. At 140mph it feels like the engine is barely working as everything going by is just one big blur and it's asking for more throttle! I am missing it now. Only has 2,000 miles on it. It is a very easy bike to ride at slow speeds also with that incredible amount of torque. Handles quite well in the twisties also. Super bike.

After seeing the cluster Corbin had made of the ZRX Beetle Bags, I never gave them a 2nd thought.

But after checking out the Corbin bags for the ZZR, I CAN say, I'd buy them if I had the Big Zed...

zed.jpg

After seeing the cluster Corbin had made of the ZRX Beetle Bags, I never gave them a 2nd thought.

But after checking out the Corbin bags for the ZZR, I CAN say, I'd buy them if I had the Big Zed...

zed.jpg
Well, according to the Corbin site, the hard bags are $1899 for the pre-2012 ZX14. God only knows what they will charge for the 2012 ZX14R side cases, and based on the above hail-damage look of the green exemplar, God only knows what they will look like. By any reckoning, $1899 is a butt-load of money for Corbin bags, which ain't all that large and which don't permit the ready use of a suitably large top case. I use a SHAD 50 top case on my bikes, moving back and forth as needed with the removable color plate system. But with the Blackbird, the Corbin bags are configured so that I have to remove the top case to get into the side bags; opening the lid on the Beetle bags interferes with the sizeable SHAD case. It is not a problem if you just remember how you packed. I rarely get into anything but the top case while on the road anyway and it comes off and goes on easy-peasy. I guess I could go with a smaller top case and have enough clearance but it doesn't bother me.

Congrats again on the new hyper-bike ZX14R. What are the bar riser and lowered peg options on that beast?

I havn't looked into the bar risers or peg lowering kit as of yet. I've looked at the pre-2012 ZX-14 side cases and they look very nice. Yes, they are small and "open up", at least on the pre 2012 cases. They are not available yet for the new bike as they are still being developed. There aren't many options for this type of bike. I wanted them to make hard bags for my CBR1000, but they respectfully declined due to very little demand. Darn!!! I've tried to post a few pics of the Pre-2012 bags, but having difficulty with uploading the pictures. They are very nice looking bags in person. Corbin has the model of pre-2012 bags on the showroom floor. They are expensive, but I'm not paying with $$$! Same with the heated seat.

You bastard!

Skooter,

You will be meeting my friend at the Alamo Express. He was the first rider to sign up.
Cool!