#1 rickcorwn

rickcorwn

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  • 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

So if you're thinking about heading to CFO this year and the thought of riding through Chicago has you questioning the sanity of that idea fear not. Your bike can ride for free on the Lake Express

If you're lucky maybe you could ride along with Bust :o :huh:

It's only far, if you don't go
Danny Liska

Rick Corwine
Chanhassen, MN  http://rickcorwine.smugmug.com

thCFR2009.jpg CFO8.jpg SWFOG2010.gif CFO_sig_graphic_small.jpg i-mGsWPG9-Ti.jpg

#2 SacramentoMike

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts
  • 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

My travels probably won't take me through Chicago, but thanks for the news anyway. But don't you hate it when you click on a link about motorcycles and see a bunch of doofuses like these representing us? "Typical" motorcycle (read "Village") people? Well, maybe a couple of 'em look ok.

Posted Image
"These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." Groucho Marx
"Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff." Jack Handy
"Watch out for that tree!" George of the Jungle
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#3 Gramps

Gramps

Captain Goat Trail

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Other or considering FJR

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:46 AM

Good find Rick. :good:

Marc
CFO_resized-1_zpsa2eb9639.jpg  CFO_sig_graphic_small.jpg24405-logo_1.JPG24405-logo_2.JPG

#4 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,219 posts
  • 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

My travels probably won't take me through Chicago, but thanks for the news anyway. But don't you hate it when you click on a link about motorcycles and see a bunch of doofuses like these representing us? "Typical" motorcycle (read "Village") people? Well, maybe a couple of 'em look ok.

Posted Image

Knowing our Sacramento Mike, I am sure that Miguel means the two guys at either end of the group photo!

Back on Topic: Thanks for the outstanding travel advice, Senor Ricardo; Muchas Gracias! Coming back from CFR 2011 in La Republika de Canuckistani del Nueva Brunswicka in June: I was planning a stop in Owosso, MI with The Jackass and Mizz Bustanut.

This will work out perfect, leave La Casa de Bustanut joker in time to catch the 10:15 am ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee and then kept twisting Miss Lucy Liu's throttle westward. Mi Amigo Ricardo: This was a very timely M/C tip for tu Papa Chuy Viejo ese!

#5 Bustanut joker

Bustanut joker

STFU

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,022 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:59 AM

I'd forgotten how pleasurable that area was until I had to pass though there Tuesday night <_< I think the boat ride is mandatory for Mizz Bust and I ;)

Yeowch! I just glanced at passenger pricing :blink: I think a detour around Chitown is more in the plan now..
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Los Robustos M/C member #18 Darksider #28

#6 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,219 posts
  • 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

I'd forgotten how pleasurable that area was until I had to pass though there Tuesday night <_< I think the boat ride is mandatory for Mizz Bust and I ;)

Yeowch! I just glanced at passenger pricing :blink: I think a detour around Chitown is more in the plan now..

Good News: http://classic.mapqu....248299&2v=CITY It is only 2 hours and 130 miles from Owosso to Muskegon Fecking Michigan. Bad News: Bust is right, it is freaking expensive.

Even with Miss Lucy Liu riding for free, normally $45, the fare is $111 on Thursday, June 29. $95 for an Adult, $6 for Port Security (Do you really think that someone is going to steal the Port??), and $10 for Fuel Surcharge. These Fuel Surcharges really piss me off, the minute something flares up: "The Man" hoses the Hell out of we poor downtrodden Working Men and Women (Oh wait a minute, I am Retired and Worthless!). If I had been the same age as SacramentoMike, they would have paid me to ride the Ferry!

#7 Bustanut joker

Bustanut joker

STFU

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,022 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

Mike rides fairy's? :o
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Los Robustos M/C member #18 Darksider #28