#1 Baddog

Baddog

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Bike: 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

I am contemplating a day, 2 or 3 of this event with a riding buddy and looking for reasonable accomodations (like Motel 6) any sugestions/recomendations appreciated!

1999 Victory #841, 2013 BMW R1200 GS

#2 Baddog

Baddog

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

So..... no advice for this trip? We ended up going with a package deal from Grand Prix Tours $$$ and had a great time, stayed @ the InterContinental Hotel. It was a great weekend (soggy on Sunday!) but a blast! Wet conditions Sunday, made for interesting races. Wonderfull venue, we'll be back, and hopefully be able to give anyone interested some accomendation advice!

Edited by Baddog, 24 July 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#3 MEM

MEM

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

So..... no advice for this trip? We ended up going with a package deal from Grand Prix Tours $$$ and had a great time, stayed @ the InterContinental Hotel. It was a great weekend (soggy on Sunday!) but a blast! Wet conditions Sunday, made for interesting races. Wonderfull venue, we'll be back, and hopefully be able to give anyone interested some accomendation advice!

Hi Karl - I'm seeing this for the first time now. And, ass-u-me-ing the Grand Prix was held in Montreal, I couldn't have helped you anyway.

And now that I see your post, it occurred to me there was a dog show here recently (in July, yes?). Did you bring Nessie up for that ?? (did I remember her name correctly ? :) )

I hope not! since I didn't hear from you :blink:
Mary Ellen

CFR 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013; MAINE CHOWDAH RUN 2010 2011; GREENS WHITES RIDE 2010; WCR 2010; NAFO 2010 2012; DEATH VALLEY WILDFLOWERS RIDE 2011; NERDS 2011 2012;
EOM 2011; LA PINE REUBEN RUN 2012

#4 Baddog

Baddog

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

Hi Karl - I'm seeing this for the first time now. And, ass-u-me-ing the Grand Prix was held in Montreal, I couldn't have helped you anyway.

And now that I see your post, it occurred to me there was a dog show here recently (in July, yes?). Did you bring Nessie up for that ?? (did I remember her name correctly ? :) )

I hope not! since I didn't hear from you :blink:

#5 Baddog

Baddog

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

MEM, F1 weekend was Awesome! BMW Bob & I were there for an extended weekend & had a blast, we'll be back next year! F1 Racing is phonominal!
We have not been to any shows lately....
Nessie (you had it right ! &^) had a litter of 4 beautiful pups (all chocolate... 3 boys, 1 girl) early in May and the little shitz all went to their new homes on the 4th of July weekend!
Soooo... things have been hectic/busy but fun!
Back to normal (ha/ha) the 3 girls are all @ home now!
Hope all's well with you .... keep in touch!
k