#1 johnww

johnww

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

I purchased my FJR used recently and I don't know what, if any, of the factory recall notices have been taken care of. Is there a way to compare my VIN with Yamaha's records to see if all of the corrections have been made?

#2 ionbeam

ionbeam

2 FUN

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts
  • 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

I purchased my FJR used recently...Is there a way to compare my VIN with Yamaha's records to see if all of the corrections have been made?

Yes, call or go in to your favorite Yamaha dealer, give them your VIN and in seconds they will know what recalls affect your FJR and if they have been done by a dealer.

Bad decisions make for good stories.

#3 FJR Flyer

FJR Flyer

DC Commuter Commando

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:48 AM

You can also check by the VIN stamped on the frame. If the ignition relay was completed, there should be a punch mark over the last digit. I think the ECU change also has some indicator at the VIN, as well.
Chris P. IBA#37903
'06 FJR1300, '87 FJ1200, '76 DT250
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Larry33319

Larry33319

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

The ECU change was done by my dealer and they put a sticker under the cover of the locking compartment on the front left side of the faring. It showed milage and date of install I have seen this on several bikes.
06 FJR Darksider #7
"Every 1/2 hour job is 1 broken bolt away from being a 3 day ordeal."

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 ionbeam

ionbeam

2 FUN

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts
  • 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

The ECU change was done by my dealer and they put a sticker under the cover of the locking compartment on the front left side of the faring. It showed milage and date of install I have seen this on several bikes.

The Meter Assembly recall wipes the mileage history so dealers are supposed to put a mileage tag on the glove box lid and/or on the last page of the owners manual. I have overheard more than one FJR owner mention that the tag on the glove box lid was going to 'fall off'. The ECU recall shouldn't affect mileage. I haven't heard of a mileage sticker being applied with an ECU recall, but it may be required.

Because of the number of recalls that could be involved I still recommend spending $0.25 and speak with the service manager at a Yamaha dealership.

Bad decisions make for good stories.

#6 smellthat?

smellthat?

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • 2007 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:33 AM

I am going back and forth with Roseville yammy since my bike has all the signs of alt sickness and they tell me the ecu was replaced. Any ideas how the techs can check this without putting 150 miles on my bike up and down the hill?

Sorry for the highjack. :huh:
Clutchless in Cali
DFB

#7 El Toro Joe

El Toro Joe

FYYFF

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:52 AM

I have the mileage sticker in my glove box lid...it was put ther by the dealer when they corrected my "current MPG" dash cluster

Take the long way home 114b369c-fbba-4554-b9c9-6b280b441ae9_zps