Butt Lite 6IX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
From the Team Strange forum and other sources;

Coming in Summer 2012 from TeamStrange Airheads:

ButtLite 6IX

Presented by Bart Bakker, Rick Miller, and David E.B. Smith with executive producer Lisa "Lurleen" Erbes.

And meanwhile, a message from Mike Kneebone:

The Iron Butt 5000 was created in a time of economic unrest with the express purpose of providing riders the opportunity to be better prepared to face the challenges of the 11 day Iron Butt Rally. In collaboration with ButtLite creator Eddie James, the IBR provided the financial and administrative resources needed to produce a five day rally, allowing Eddie to focus on the creative side as Rallymaster.

With the exciting announcement that Butt Like 6IX is on the calendar for 2012, the IBR has decided to once again join forces with TeamStrange to make sure Eddie's dreams of the ButtLite continue on for many years to come. Consequently, there will NOT be an Iron Butt 5000 in 2012.

Additionally, to further show our full support, the top 10 riders in ButtLite 6IX will receive a pass on the drawing for the 2013 Iron Butt Rally, guaranteeing each of these top riders a place at the IBR start line. As we have seen from past ButtLites and again during the 5000, riders who do well in TeamStrange events can be a force to be reckoned with in the Iron Butt Rally.

Butt Lite 6IX should definitely be on your must-ride list.

Perhaps this is just the right rally to pop my rally cherry. Always thought about it, and I can't say I didn't get enough notice.
What TriggerT said. You may want to try a shorter rally first. Kinda like running a marathon without first running around the block. Sure you could probably do it, but would it be fun?

Living in MN your in the heart of the midwest rally country. You have three 12 hour rally's within a 5 hour drive. Two 8 hour rally's this month. And the 24 hour MN1000 in July. I'd suggest the 8-hour Team Lyle rally if your serious about the BL 6IX. It's right in your backyard. Registration deadline is June 6th.

https://www.teamstrange.com/2011/tlr/

Or sign up for the CFO rally ralleye.

Perhaps this is just the right rally to pop my rally cherry. Always thought about it, and I can't say I didn't get enough notice.
What TriggerT said. You may want to try a shorter rally first. Kinda like running a marathon without first running around the block. Sure you could probably do it, but would it be fun?

Living in MN your in the heart of the midwest rally country. You have three 12 hour rally's within a 5 hour drive. Two 8 hour rally's this month. And the 24 hour MN1000 in July. I'd suggest the 8-hour Team Lyle rally if your serious about the BL 6IX. It's right in your backyard. Registration deadline is June 6th.

https://www.teamstrange.com/2011/tlr/

Or sign up for the CFO rally ralleye.
I'd have to concur with the above statements. Butt-Lite is arguably one of the toughest rallies any where. Not too cheap either, it would be a bitch to be out there on day 4 and find out after spending a couple thousand bucks that you don't really like this rally thing.

Team Lyle would be a good one like stryg8r said but if you sign up for and run the Rally Rallye at CFO for $10 you could win an entry for the Team Lyle Rally, a $40 value :big_boss: Beside how come a guy from Anoka isn't signed up for CFO :huh: You better hurry only a couple of days left CFO thread.

I would consider the CFO if it didn't fall on the same weekend I'm heading out West on the bike. I'll look into that 24 hr 1000 in July, if work permits. The downside to a long trip is the days off of work and the impending make-up hrs afterwards.

Hmmmmm, looking around this site and I can't seem to find any information on those other rallys (other than CFO) that you say will be taking place in the midwest. Any links available?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would consider the CFO if it didn't fall on the same weekend I'm heading out West on the bike. I'll look into that 24 hr 1000 in July, if work permits. The downside to a long trip is the days off of work and the impending make-up hrs afterwards.

Hmmmmm, looking around this site and I can't seem to find any information on those other rallys (other than CFO) that you say will be taking place in the midwest. Any links available?
https://www.teamstrange.com for Team Lyle 8 hour and the MN 1,000 24 hour

https://www.network54.com/Forum/152868/ for the Buffalo Run and the Harvest Rally

Alrighty then... Just sent in my app for the MN1000. Sounds like fun. What also sounds like fun is the big group BBG ride through the Dakotas in Sept. Better to suffer as a group than alone. ;)

Alrighty then... Just sent in my app for the MN1000. Sounds like fun. What also sounds like fun is the big group BBG ride through the Dakotas in Sept. Better to suffer as a group than alone. ;)
Good on ya for signing up for the MN1K :good:

But I hate burst your bubble about the BBG... that was 2010 :huh:

The first skill to work on for rallies is reading comprehension :p

See you at Leo's

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Nice to know when the application process will open so I don't feel like i need to check several times a day. Thanks Rick.

Speaking of the application process it's time for the Final Countdown.

From the Team Strange Butt Lite 6IX page.

"Just in time for Halloween...

The entry form for (and further details about) ButtLite 6IX will be available here on Monday, October 31st. Space will be limited to 66 riders, and entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis, so don't delay!"

Mouse charged and ready to click on the link when it is available.

Just need to find the funds to pay for it :blink:

Registration is now open, and there is additional information about the rally as well. With a limit of 66 riders, and the top ten riders getting a no draw slot for the 2013 IBR, you have to like the 1 in 6.6 odds of getting a slot to the IBR, not to mention what promises to be a great rally, and a PERFECT excuse to go the IBA national (or international) meeting in Colorado.

So the rumor is that there are about 40+ riders signed up as of now.

I know I am one of them, but who else is in for this one?