SFO 2011 Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPRIDER

Reaction score
So far Old Pilot, FJRBandit, Mbottoms, SevensOn, and I have posted our getting home safe. I know there were more people than that there. Let us know that you got home safe. Post it up!

GP

Made it back to Houston last night without any real downpours, just some light rain and heavy mist around Hot Springs and then warm and humid the rest of the way home. Sore and still a bit hung over, but back home just fine.

I made it back home. Hit some heavy fog north of Dover for about 30 miles and a couple of patches of light rain here and there.

Washed laundry til about midnight, and left for Houston this morning with a load of chicken.

David

Crystal and I got home in good shape, towing through more traffic than rain. Nice to meet everyone at the SFO 2011. We had some great riding Sunday, taking 7 south to Hot Springs, 240 to Mt. Ida and then 27 back to Russellville. Nice lunch and tour at Hot Springs after the rain.

Steve and Crystal

Just in case you're wondering... Dolly made it home as well, She'll be attending CFO next month...

Sacrificial Lamb?? MY ARSE... It was only a flesh wound..

Just in case you're wondering... Dolly made it home as well, She'll be attending CFO next month...

Sacrificial Lamb?? MY ARSE... It was only a flesh wound..
Well there old Dolly. What kind of bike is she riding there sevensOn? Looks like some kind of verticle twin.

GP

Yup, I made it home to Lakeland,TN. at around 4:30. Left Sunday morning around 10:30AM in light rain. Took 27 north to 16 east, and rode in rain

and fog all the way to Clinton. It finally cleared up when I hit the flat roads. 2011 SFO was a memorable event. The people were great, the riding

for the most part, fantastic and everyone is soooo friendly. Thanks Mark for everything and I'll see everyone at SFO 2012!

Gary Green

Made it home after detouring thru Houston. Light drizzle for the 1st hour and then good. Got home last night after hitting 100 degree heat around Abilene to 73 degrees arriving in Amarillo. Had to dodge 2 major grass fires, one the officials saw fit to detour traffic down 6 miles of dirt road, without warning you and the reason for the grass fires getting so large ****** 30-40mph southwest winds ******** #1 had us going into the wind so the wind never cleared the dust just caught all of the dust from everything in front of you #2 Loose gravel road I only used the right side of the tires due to 15 degree lean into the south wind. Then the left side coming from Abilene, 15-20 degree left lean. Was really good to get home! Will put up some pictures in a few days.

Glad to hear no one has had any major issues getting home.

The rain was a bummer but did get in some dry rides. I love the view from the hill tops. GREAT ride on Hwy 123 off of Hwy 7. Curves so sharp it was first gear!!!!

Chris