CFO'11 Friday MN-IA-WI Twisties

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TJ Hunters Pub had good cheap grub.

377 Main Street

Lansing, IA 52151

Should be there about 1230ish. From there we will head up and into WI with a few good hours of riding. I will probably go riding again in the evening for a bit after checking into the hotel in the early evening too.

TJ Hunters Pub had good cheap grub.

377 Main Street

Lansing, IA 52151

Should be there about 1230ish. From there we will head up and into WI with a few good hours of riding. I will probably go riding again in the evening for a bit after checking into the hotel in the early evening too.
B)

Rode the route yesterday, roads are in good shape. Gravel in some of the predictable areas near the Quarries but otherwise it is good. I have a GPS with the route working well. Almost no traffic on a Saturday so Friday should be even better.

Ride Report from yesterday's ride:

YeeeHAH!!!! That was pure exhilaration. An E-Ticket ride the entire time!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

heck yea Bob. I'll be leaving the same caribou parking lot about 650-7am again this Friday if you are heading down that way.

Attendees so far:

Maybes - Bustanut, SwollenRaccoon(Scott), 0face

In - Bob, Sporto(Tim), TCMike, Roger.

Obviously feel free to invite others from down in La Crosse.

If anyone is using a GPS that accepts routes let me know and I will send you the two routes.

Also - I am awarding 500 bonus Rallye points to anyone who attends this ride! It is possible to get back to La Crosse by 4pm as well. :p

So who's ready for some rain on Friday??? :huh: :angry2:
Not me :angry: Unless the forecast changes AGAIN, I may have to bail on this ride. I saw 70% chance of rain/thunder storms for Friday. I don't mind a little rain, but I'm coming down from Stillwater that morning, plus the ride = a lot of wet miles. Twisties aren't as fun in the rain. I'll play it by ear, and hope the rain chances go down.

Matt, I am conflicted...

On 1 hand - If you don't ride in the rain...you DON'T ride!

On the other hand - I ride in the rain, I don't like LONG rides in the rain, I hate to ride twisties in the rain! :angry:

So I will see you tomorrow morning (unless it's a downpour)(again).

I understand Roger. As I am heading to CFO nonetheless, the ride will go on as scheduled. A few weeks ago I did this ride in the rain and it was wet the first half down through to Lansing, IA. It wasn't too bad on those roads at all. After lunch in Lansing it dried up and we enjoyed the afternoon immensely in WI.

Looks like the forecast is going to be rain overnight and in the morning, then more random showers in the afternoon. The Rallye riders are going to be riding all day so we should give it a shot. It will be cool with the combo of rain and temps around 60 so be layered up and ready with rain gear if you choose. I will keep a safe pace in the rain. Someone crashing ruins your day and your riding buddies' day as well.

We'll be in Wabasha by 9am. :rolleyes: Rain gear probably on!

Just did one last check of the weather :( I will be skipping the ride, and heading down at my own pace. Hopefully it's not too bad, so I can take a few twisty roads in the La Crosse area, later in the day. Be safe guys, and I'll see you at the hotel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it will be a rainy half a day at least. Have a good cruise down Mike I'll meet you at the hotel. At least Saturday looks like a nice day for cruising.

Matt, Thanks for putting together a great route and ride!

We'll do it again sometime (in the heat) this summer.

Enjoy the rally... and have 1 for me! ;)

Thanks Roger great riding with you.

And hey Bob, I'll be out riding around like mad starting at about 9am for breakfast somewhere in La Crosse. I'll look for ya at some point. Dinner and pics at Days Inn starting at about 530pm!