#1 RossKean

RossKean

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

It occurred to me that some attendees are going to be travelling a fair distance to get to Fredericton. I live just a few miles from CFR ground zero. I have some space to work on bikes and a few tools. IF you have a minor mechanical issue or if you need to do an oil change, I can help out. This is not an offer for a "Maintenance Day" for anything major but if you need a place to do some stuff, let me know. At this time, I can't do tires so you would have to make other arrangements if new rubber is needed. I will be leaving on Thursday but will be around all week (and the weekend before).

If you want to do oil, you might want to consider bringing oil and filter - prices are quite high around here for "Motorcycle Oil".

Only three weeks away!

Ross

100K%2007CLUB.jpg

#2 RaYzerman19

RaYzerman19

Go Wings Go!

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

Thanks, Ross for your generosity, and good to know we have a shop nearby for emergencies.

You don't go to Freddy Beach for the beach....

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound

#3 fjrob1300

fjrob1300

Frost-back1 IBA 34867 / Brown Sider 002

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

WOOOO HOOOOOO party at Ross's house!!!

Just kidding Ross. Thank's for the offer.

Rob

wwwooooohhhhoooohhhoooo...that's a lotta throttle 
We have time to think of the ones we love while the miles roll away, the only time that seems too short is the time that we get to play"

Why yes , I think I've been there.

#4 Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

Can I wash my bike there? :rolleyes:

Canadian FJR
From the tropics of Canada

#5 RossKean

RossKean

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:10 AM

Can I wash my bike there? :rolleyes:

Canadian FJR

Only if you bring beer and wash my bike while you're at it.

100K%2007CLUB.jpg

#6 dcarver

dcarver

FJR Forum Post Whore

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,555 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

Very nice offer, you rock! :fans:
Walked away Posted ImagePosted Image Is it really crashing if you don't fall down?--
I wouldn't change a fucking thing; I've lived hard, played hard, and I ain't done yet. I've paid some severe penalties along the way, but the rewards have been so much greater; even if for just have participating in the game of life with utmost abandon. It's not who rides the furthest in a day, but rather in a lifetime. CBA member #1, IBA #31845 and very proud of both.
Posted Image

#7 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts
  • Bike: 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

+1, Gunny; I just may take you up on the offer of garage space and use of your tools, if I don't have the tools in my roll that I need for changing the brass clutch bushing.

My adopted Son SkooterG did my preflight maintenance on my Miss Lucy Liu, he really does excellent mechanical work; he has Iron Butt Rally practice at this. The only thing he found questionable on my 2003 was the brass bushing for the clutch lever, I will order one ASAP and should get it just in time before my CFR departure.

If the current brass bushing starts going bad on the 3,300 miles to your place, I may need to take you up on your kind offer and change to a new one. Thanks RossKean!

#8 canucklehead-biker

canucklehead-biker

Daft as they come...

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS AE (Gen II) World

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

I'll likely need a spot for oil change... have filter etc with me.

Thanks for the offer mate!

Griff

Griff (Canucklehead) '06 FJR1300AEV, '08 KLR650E
"Sometimes I wonder: 'why is that frisbee getting bigger?' ... and then it hits me!"  

IBA#53874, CBA# 26 (if Carver ever gets around to updating the CBA list!)

NAFO '08, '12; CFR '09, '10, '11 '12, '13; WCR '10, 11

#9 RossKean

RossKean

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

No problem on the clutch bushing (beemerdons) or on the oil change (Griff). Once everyone is situated, we can figure out timing. I may be working some during the week but will be doing some "hanging out" with everyone. Should be no problem finding some time for maintenance stuff.

100K%2007CLUB.jpg

#10 Charlie Hoss

Charlie Hoss

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Bike: 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

+1, Gunny; I just may take you up on the offer of garage space and use of your tools, if I don't have the tools in my roll that I need for changing the brass clutch bushing.

My adopted Son SkooterG did my preflight maintenance on my Miss Lucy Liu, he really does excellent mechanical work; he has Iron Butt Rally practice at this. The only thing he found questionable on my 2003 was the brass bushing for the clutch lever, I will order one ASAP and should get it just in time before my CFR departure.

If the current brass bushing starts going bad on the 3,300 miles to your place, I may need to take you up on your kind offer and change to a new one. Thanks RossKean!

Hey BD and everyone else out there....hit that little sucker and the pivot points on both levers with a few drops of oil at each oil change, or chain lube, which I prefer, and they will stay good forever. Don't forget all the other pivot points and the shift linkage.
IBA # 24570
Previously owned:
'88 Venture Royale, '82 CBX (wish I had that bad boy back!), '80 XS1100, '76 Wing, '70 CB750, '70 KAW MachIII, '58 (?) 250 Harley Sprint, '57 175 DKW, '60 Sears CruiseAire.
Current: '75 RD200, '86 500 Shadow, just added-07 ZX14.