CFR Maintenance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
It occurred to me that some attendees are going to be travelling a fair distance to get to Fredericton. I live just a few miles from CFR ground zero. I have some space to work on bikes and a few tools. IF you have a minor mechanical issue or if you need to do an oil change, I can help out. This is not an offer for a "Maintenance Day" for anything major but if you need a place to do some stuff, let me know. At this time, I can't do tires so you would have to make other arrangements if new rubber is needed. I will be leaving on Thursday but will be around all week (and the weekend before).

If you want to do oil, you might want to consider bringing oil and filter - prices are quite high around here for "Motorcycle Oil".

Only three weeks away!

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOOO HOOOOOO party at Ross's house!!!

Just kidding Ross. Thank's for the offer.

Rob

Very nice offer, you rock! :fans:
+1, Gunny; I just may take you up on the offer of garage space and use of your tools, if I don't have the tools in my roll that I need for changing the brass clutch bushing.

My adopted Son SkooterG did my preflight maintenance on my Miss Lucy Liu, he really does excellent mechanical work; he has Iron Butt Rally practice at this. The only thing he found questionable on my 2003 was the brass bushing for the clutch lever, I will order one ASAP and should get it just in time before my CFR departure.

If the current brass bushing starts going bad on the 3,300 miles to your place, I may need to take you up on your kind offer and change to a new one. Thanks RossKean!

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem on the clutch bushing (beemerdons) or on the oil change (Griff). Once everyone is situated, we can figure out timing. I may be working some during the week but will be doing some "hanging out" with everyone. Should be no problem finding some time for maintenance stuff.

Very nice offer, you rock! :fans:
+1, Gunny; I just may take you up on the offer of garage space and use of your tools, if I don't have the tools in my roll that I need for changing the brass clutch bushing.

My adopted Son SkooterG did my preflight maintenance on my Miss Lucy Liu, he really does excellent mechanical work; he has Iron Butt Rally practice at this. The only thing he found questionable on my 2003 was the brass bushing for the clutch lever, I will order one ASAP and should get it just in time before my CFR departure.

If the current brass bushing starts going bad on the 3,300 miles to your place, I may need to take you up on your kind offer and change to a new one. Thanks RossKean!
Hey BD and everyone else out there....hit that little sucker and the pivot points on both levers with a few drops of oil at each oil change, or chain lube, which I prefer, and they will stay good forever. Don't forget all the other pivot points and the shift linkage.