Dutch Treat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIODSL

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
What: 162 Dutch Bros Coffee locations in under 162 hours.

When: June 16th through 22nd.

Where: Seven western states.

Why: For fun, to say I did it and to raise some money for Shelly’s House.

While 5,000 miles in 7 days won’t set the LD world on fire, what makes this ride a challenge is the number of stops. Managing your time and documentation at over 162 locations has got me a little intimidated…but I think I’m up for it. You can follow the ride via SPOT and view my mobile uploads on:

My blog, My (next) Big Ride

https://paulpeloquin.blogspot.com/

The Two Wheels for Transition website

https://www.twowheelsfortransition.org/The%20Ride_DB.htm

Or the Shelly’s House Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/shellyshouse

While Dutch Treat is designed to be arm-chair entertainment, if there’s a Dutch Bros near you, I hope you’ll consider being at a location as I come by. Here’s the itinerary for the ride

https://www.twowheelsfortransition.org/Images/162%20Itinerary.pdf

Finally, a word about Shelly’s House. The house is operated by a small non-profit that I volunteer for, PRISM Inc.. Our mission is to provide safe, drug-free, housing for women offenders at risk of homelessness in Marion County. Without this resource, the chances of transitioning to a drug-free and crime-free lifestyle are diminished. We’re a very fiscally responsible organization; for less than the cost of incarcerating one inmate in a state prison for a year, we serve 45-55 women annually. You can read more about Shelly’s House at the website, www.shellyshouse.org

I hope you come along for the ride and donate some funds if you’re so inclined.

Why....that's a great idea Paul! :)

And I have a new Dutch Brothers in my own city...so I'm going to have to keep an eye out for you and wave Hi....and have a little check for 'ya. ;)

And, folks, Paul is taking essentially a week of vacation to visit 162 different Dutch Brothers locations in the western and buy something from each! Mind boggling!

and for a good cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
You wacky bastard! Sounds like a great time.

Enjoy the Phoenix heat my friend. Was really hoping to hang out with you in the Phoenix area but will be leaving for Ontario and the finish of the IBR Thursday morning.

Have fun.

Enjoy the Phoenix heat my friend. Was really hoping to hang out with you in the Phoenix area but will be leaving for Ontario and the finish of the IBR Thursday morning.
Yeah, it's gonna be warm in Phoenix...during rush hour traffic. Not how I'd like to do it but there was little choice. Oh, and BTW, what are you going to be doing between Thursday and the 16 days until the IBR finish?

I may have to go to Kelso at 5am to see you. I'll be at the IBR start when you pass through Vancouver. :( Maybe I could send Karen over to see you and Mr. Happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to go to Kelso at 5am to see you. I'll be at the IBR start when you pass through Vancouver. :( Maybe I could send Karen over to see you and Mr. Happy.
Disappointed, but totally understandable. I'm doing the ride this time of year to maximize my daylight just as the IBR is doing now. I'd love to have Karen show up if she's able.

See you in Lewiston on the 20th.

Should I contact the local paper and see if they want to do a short story on your fund raising adventures?

I assume all the DB stores know your coming?

Looking forward to following along!

See you in Lewiston on the 20th.

Should I contact the local paper and see if they want to do a short story on your fund raising adventures?

I assume all the DB stores know your coming?

Looking forward to following along!
Sorry for being off line for a few days...life. If the paper would like to do a story, that would be great. I have a press pack available if they want it. PM me and I'll get it to you.

The PR firm that Dutch Bros uses is supposed to be contacting all the stores. They liked the video and will link that with my itinerary.

Thanks for planning to meet me. Keep an eye on SPOT to double check whether I'm on schedule. ;)

I plan on seeing you through Bend and donating to the cause. :)
Thanks, Ray! Hope to see you there.

Bump, IBR isn't the only game in town. Dutch Treat is on his final day. I hope to see him here in Newberg.

Hit all the stops in Bend with Paul yesterday afternoon. He was a little behind the schedule due to People wanting to BS at all the stops but was only about an hour behind. I folled him to Lapine where he continued to Klamath Falls.