Texas Forts Trail - in the Hill Country

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRMGM

FJRMGM
Reaction score
So Tim and I headed out to our base in Kerrville Tx and from there went north of I-10 and west to the towns of Harper, Llano, Fredericksburg, Mason, Junction, and Sonora.

Since we have both been to the infamous Three Twisted Sisters routes many times our agenda this time was to visit Enchanted Rock, the historic Ft. McKavett site and areas around it. There is plenty of great riding on lightly traveled roads north of I-10.

We hit the temps just right on this on with it being sunny and in 60's and 70's during the ride.

If you are in Junction, on the south side of I-10 is Lum's BBQ - eat there.

So, without further adieu, here are the pics. Use the "view as slideshow" option for best viewing.

Ft McKavett and hill country pics

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed your pictures. It's a nice idea for a ride some day. On good days I'll head down to hill country, play for a few hours, and head back home to the DFW area. You helped add more reason for me to head down some day and slow down to enjoy the history of the area.

Cool. I have never been to that area of the country though my desire to get there has been there for quite a while. Someday......