routes to/from NERDS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
I'll be coming up from Boston on Wednesday before NERDS and wondered what local guys would suggest for a scenic ride up. Also, I'm leaving Sunday toward Lancaster, PA and would like some suggestions on local roads to ride. I'm actually going back to NW Indiana, but riding with my brother initally back toward Lancaster. Thanks for any tips.

Geez, no suggestions? I have looked at some roads at sites like New England motor cycle roads, but figgered yuz guys would have some good ideas. I am looking at a route taking 2 west of Boston over to 100 north through Vermont to Stowe. Any other suggestions?

Geez, no suggestions? I have looked at some roads at sites like New England motor cycle roads, but figgered yuz guys would have some good ideas. I am looking at a route taking 2 west of Boston over to 100 north through Vermont to Stowe. Any other suggestions?
Try this site...you will find the roads you want to ride CLICKY HERE

You won't find a more comprehensive list of roads and GPS files any place else

Willie

Try this site...you will find the roads you want to ride CLICKY HERE

You won't find a more comprehensive list of roads and GPS files any place else

Willie
Thanks Willie. Any comments on the route I posted - 2 in MA to 100 in VT?
Route 2 doesn't do much for me, you can do much better by heading up into NH and cutting across. I'll be riding up from RI on Wednesday. I'll let you know when/were when we get a little closer to the date, if your interested in tagging along.

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Griff,

Sorry, for some reason I never saw your post here. Not sure why as I thought I was subscribed to the NERDS forum.

Anyway, I'll be headed up from the Manchester, NH area on Wednesday AM. Most likely following a route similar to this one:

Google me a map

Rte 2 west to Rte 100 in VT is fine. The western part of Rte 2 is OK once you get past Gardner.

Or you could do like cota said and use Rte 9 from Keene to rte 100.

Something like this: Another Google mappage

Route 2 doesn't do much for me, you can do much better by heading up into NH and cutting across. I'll be riding up from RI on Wednesday. I'll let you know when/were when we get a little closer to the date, if your interested in tagging along.

George
Thanks George. I may take you up on your offer. Talk to you closer to blast off day.

griff

George
George - still thinking about riding with you up to NERDs. Any idea of when/where yet?

griff/Carl

Here's my route.....NERDS or BUST!!!

Not sure about the Google map suggestion across the top of NY state (in the dark) but if anyone has any knowledge of the area I would appreciate it.....I really don't want to head up through Montreal but I wouldn't be heading through there until 9 ish on the Thursday so it might work (yeah..can't get the time off to be there for Wednesday, so I'm leaving with my CFR [attempt] pal Thursday afternoon) Should be arriving just before midnight.

Hmmm......just realized I can't cross in Prescott. Have to be Cornwall or the Thousand Islands......

Here's my route.....NERDS or BUST!!!

Not sure about the Google map suggestion across the top of NY state (in the dark) but if anyone has any knowledge of the area I would appreciate it.....I really don't want to head up through Montreal but I wouldn't be heading through there until 9 ish on the Thursday so it might work (yeah..can't get the time off to be there for Wednesday, so I'm leaving with my CFR [attempt] pal Thursday afternoon) Should be arriving just before midnight.

Hmmm......just realized I can't cross in Prescott. Have to be Cornwall or the Thousand Islands......
Much nicer route and not a lot more time through the northern Adirondacks but not the preferred route for a night drive. You will be ready for some nice mountain riding after slabbing from Hamilton.

I'm in the same boat as Mattster, I'll just be slabbing away on the TransCanada until I turn south near Montreal. I'm thinking about giving a friend a call in Ottawa to see if I get crash out on Wed night. Split the trip in two! If not, no biggie, I'll be there Thursday one way or the other.

OK, I'll bite. :huh: Why can't you cross at Prescott? I understand that there may be lane rerouting because of some construction work but it's open for business based on what I could find?