Home and all is Good

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, made it home to West palm a little before 10am (Eastern) The ride (1,718 miles) was made longer

because I wanted to scout out some roads for a two up trip in September with my wife. That turned out to

be a bad idea since the bridges were closed across the Missouri River due to flooding. So I went over 100

miles out of my way for nothing. There is something about riding 2 lane highways on Sunday morning/afternoon

that is really cool though. The ride ended up taking about 24 and 1/2 hours.

Just wanted to say "Thanks" to all who did the leg work to make this a wonderful event. The bad news for

you guys now is that I will probably make this an yearly event now. :yahoo: It was great meeting some great

riders, and wonderful people. Hope to see some of you in the Great Lakes area next month.

Take care, Tony

That's awesome Tony. Pretty incredible actually - that's a 70.1 mph average over the 24.5 hours. I imagine you made some good times when the road opened up before you.

Well, made it home to West palm a little before 10am (Eastern) The ride (1,718 miles) was made longer

because I wanted to scout out some roads for a two up trip in September with my wife. That turned out to

be a bad idea since the bridges were closed across the Missouri River due to flooding. So I went over 100

miles out of my way for nothing. There is something about riding 2 lane highways on Sunday morning/afternoon

that is really cool though. The ride ended up taking about 24 and 1/2 hours.

Just wanted to say "Thanks" to all who did the leg work to make this a wonderful event. The bad news for

you guys now is that I will probably make this an yearly event now. :yahoo: It was great meeting some great

riders, and wonderful people. Hope to see some of you in the Great Lakes area next month.

Take care, Tony

Glad you make it home safe & I hope you do make it back for CFO again.

If you think you might be in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area on your travels give my a heads up.

Thanks to everyone for a great time. I stopped at the grocery store and loaded up on some Wisc. beer, 36 to be precise. Then stopped at Carr Valley Cheese for more "souvenirs". Got near Savannah, IL. and had to pass a very loooong line of oh so slow Harleys at warp speed, 'cause they just wouldn't get out of the way (sound familiar, anyone?). I'll bet they were bitching about "those damn sport bike riders" at the next bar. Idiots. I've scheduled a therapy session to help cope with the trauma of seeing Bust and Dolly in action. :puke: Made it through another day of getting closer to retirement. Glad to see Tony made it back without having to tread water. :Snorkle: Time to start research on a better GPS for next year's rallye. Good seeing everyone.

Has anyone heard how "Kentucky" is doing? (sorry, I am bad with names). The guy from Kentucky who crashed on Saturday. Hope he got home OK. Would like to hear if any injuries cropped up and how he dealt with what was left of his bike.

mr.paul

Got home 3 hours ago.. Great time!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this Rally happen :clapping:

Though I think there was a new malady discovered as somebody didn't feel too yesterday :dribble: It shall now be known as Island Fever.. Hey, it was called fox island right?

Met some new folks and I can wait to see 'em again before next year..Now for the pics.. :blink:

French Island :) Hope you don't have permanent side effects from the Island Fever!

French Island?? :blink: Well no wonder I couldn't find it on the map. :lol:

The Island fever is still having it's way with me..

It was good to get some faces to the names/handles. The 1st day seminar on GPS held in the hotel lobby was a hoot as was riding a gps route on day two and finding "The Barn" for a fantastic lunch.

The week following the rally I did some back road riding up to Ashland for the night. The next day I walked the town taking pictures of there murals before heading to the UP and a visit to Copper Harbor. The next weekend was spent riding more WI backroads out of Fountain City, WI and sampling pie in Stockholm, WI. Plenty of animal sightings were also made which included: countless deer, 1 wolf, 2 bears, 1 pheasant and a fox kit.

The trip out from WA took 7 days and covered a lot sights and states and only used the Interstates when flooding closed my chosen routes. The ride home, got there last night, was only Interstate after riding up WI 35 and F up to the I94 east of St.Paul. The first day took me to Billings, MT and home to WA the next day. Hope to see some of you in Taos this Sept.

Last edited by a moderator:
wabill, good of you to come out and visit with us.

Sounds like you had a great trip.

Ya know you owe us a ride report with pictures. No pressure, so when is it going to be done? :rolleyes:

Karl

Glad you made it home safe Roger.

I think we were in a "Bermuda Triangle" for GPS's.

Marty's died in the lobby, Gary's wouldn't read his SD card

& mine took a crap the next day. Oh well it was good humor.

Hope to run into you again.

Last edited by a moderator: