CFR 2011 - Hopewell Rocks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote for MEM's plan. And the hike will wear off the sticky buns, and you really should see both ends of the trail if you've ridden thousands of kms. to get there.... the view of the mud is spectacular. There is a lookout or two half way as well. Either way, it will be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for MEM's plan. And the hike will wear off the sticky buns, and you really should see both ends of the trail if you've ridden thousands of kms. to get there.... the view of the mud is spectacular. There is a lookout or two half way as well. Either way, it will be good.
See Ray isn't too old for a nice walk... And as he said as you walk along the path you can look out at several spots and see the shore line. Worth while, big time, to notice the change.

As for taking them up to Cape Enrage that is also very cool. A couple years ago when we went there it was windy and rain on and off. That added to the atmosphere! Maybe you'll even see some rock climbers there too!

... access to the lower motor-coach parking area saving us 30 - 40 min of hiking (or $4 of shuttle rides) from/to the main parking lot.
:lol: I'm just digesting this now. All I have to say is this: your little Annik (sp?) must deal almost exclusively with buses. Full of blue-hairs. 30 - 40 minutes hike?! Try ...MAYBE 10

While many of us - if left to that bitch Mother Nature, might be white-haired, we're all in pretty good shape. Which is why we ride big fast motorcycles instead of touring the Maritimes on a bus :yahoo:

Here's the layout. BIG parking lot, park and walk to the ticket gates. To the right is some kind of eating facility :blink: and a gift shop. To the left is a lovely little, well-developed little trail to the top of the stairs - and a 'wash station' to clean the ocean-floor muck of your boots :D . You'll have perfectly beautiful views of the flowerpots from right there. Hopefully, a few of you will join me on the ocean floor. There ARE a lot of steps down and if you're a pussy like Bungie he-who-shall-remain-nameless, you'll stay topside. The rest of you will scramble up and down the stairs with me ;)

(seriously, I'm teasing here. If you have tricky knees or compromised cardiovascular capacity, you may not want to attempt the stairs.)

... access to the lower motor-coach parking area saving us 30 - 40 min of hiking (or $4 of shuttle rides) from/to the main parking lot.
:lol: I'm just digesting this now. All I have to say is this: your little Annik (sp?) must deal almost exclusively with buses. Full of blue-hairs. 30 - 40 minutes hike?! Try ...MAYBE 10

Having not been there, I was just going by the published information on their website which states "You may choose to enjoy the 15-20 minute walk down to the lower level or..." and posted comments (sorry can't recall where) from riders complaining about not being allowed to access the lower lots...

but if it's less than 5 min each way, then it's not such a big deal.

Not sure why you would refer to the Hopewell Rocks Manager, Admissions and Group Tours as "your little Annik" but my guess is, yes she does deal with a lot of buses... along with everyone else that passes through the park.
rolleyes.gif

Glad I could help!
wink.gif

Well, due to the clever editing, I didn't even have to change my vote!!

But I changed my mind. I'll be following Mary Ellen around for sure!! :wub:

That whole itinerary sounds most excellent. :yahoo:
+1, Gunny; I'm with you Fred, I'm following the beautiful redheaded hottie!!!

The walk from the parking lot to the observation deck is only 5-10minutes if your a part-time marathon runner whose on her feet all day. For us normal, sedentary, middle-aged, gear clad FJR types, 15-20 is more like it. If it's hot, spring the $2 for the 'taxi'. Otherwise, it's a really nice walk.

I'm jealous as all hell, I'd love to be there with all of you. I'd make the trip again just for the Sticky Buns in Alma.

Lots of pics!

The walk from the parking lot to the observation deck is only 5-10minutes if your a part-time marathon runner whose on her feet all day. For us normal, sedentary, middle-aged, gear clad FJR types, 15-20 is more like it. If it's hot, spring the $2 for the 'taxi'. Otherwise, it's a really nice walk.

I'm jealous as all hell, I'd love to be there with all of you. I'd make the trip again just for the Sticky Buns in Alma.

Lots of pics!
The best of both worlds is to start at the top walk down the trail, and take the 'taxi' back up.....

. I'd make the trip again just for the Sticky Buns in Alma.

Lots of pics!
You mean THIS sticky bun ?! :D (this morning at 1130)

Hopewell-Rocks-prerally-ride-S.jpg

Entrance to Hopewell Rocks; restaurant (lunch) with red roof

:lol: I'm middle-aged AND ATGATT-clad ! I figured out the 'lower parking lot' business. We'll have a group chat in Alma over coffee and sticky buns. Kelly's Bake Shop is expecting us around 1030 :rolleyes: (when I'll collect $4.75 from each of your for admission to Hopewell :eek: )