WFO10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
All - it really sucks to have to post this, but due to many factors I have to cancel WFO for this year.

Rather than provide a "less than optimal" experience, or as Fairlaner so eloquently states, "crap!" the WFO staff is in agreement to pull the plug. The low numbers of registrants will simply not allow us to provide a comparable experience to past WFO's.

So - here's what's gonna happen:

1. If you've registered and paid, Iggy will refund your payment via PayPal.

2. Barbara Corman of the Red Lion Inn is sorry to not have us there - but she will honor the room rate for anyone who has registered and is still planning on going.

3. If you've reserved a room and will not be using it, it's your responsibility to cancel the reservation.

Next year - we'll see what happens.

Everyone be safe, ok?

Hal

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bummed...and sorry too. I'll be getting out refunds as soon as a I can.

Also bummed. :( That's a pretty long-standing tradition broken up, but you guys did what you had to do. Guess our WFO trip and campout will be a northwest states tour and campout, huh Brodie and Dan? Still looking forward to that, anyway.

:angry: This is sad news. I have made all the WFO's since WFO 4.

Ms Bluestreek and I plan on being there regardless and I'm sure that there will be others as well.

Looks like a SW-Fog Style rally is in order. :yahoo:

I checked room rates last week and they were $71.00 and some change per night with AARP or AAA discount.

I am sure there are plenty of good restaurants where a few riders can get together over a meal or two. And we all know there is plenty of great riding in the area.

The rally staff says there pulling the plug on the rally I say the party is still on :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just talked to my bride and she says we are going anyway. What day do we want to arrive. I plan on staying at one of the motels in Mountain Home and Having dinner at AJ's steak house on the 13th and going to Idaho Falls on the 14th. Ride around for a couple days and head for home on the 17th. Will probably slab it home and If somebody needs a guest room or some service my place is open.

Lets get this going and have some fun. No use breaking the string of WFO's

Either one would be good so why don't one of you fart smellers set up a quick poll and see what folks would like to do. I just can't see not doing some kind of meet up and call it whatever you want.

Bummer!

Thanks Hal and everyone else for your efforts to get this far.

Canuklehead and I were discussing heading to Idaho Falls for WFO. Sucks that it's cancelled. It'd be great if there were still a gathering to attend.

Oh... Bummer. :(

Oh well, I guess we'll see y'all next year then...

Ride Safe this summer!

;)

All - it really sucks to have to post this, but due to many factors I have to cancel WFO for this year.

Rather than provide a "less than optimal" experience, or as Fairlaner so eloquently states, "crap!" the WFO staff is in agreement to pull the plug. The low numbers of registrants will simply not allow us to provide a comparable experience to past WFO's.
Hal, Iggy, WC and everyone else who worked hard trying to make this happen: Thank You for your efforts!

It's a damn shame that this couldn't come together this year, but based on the economy around here, I'm frankly not surprised by the low signup.

I will contact the hotel directly after talking with my proposed former room-mate for the festivities. I think he and a couple of others are still planning to make the trip.

Once again, thanks for all your work. Will look forward to riding with you sometime in the future!!

Don

I for one am headed to Idaho Falls, I had to submit vacation back in Feb, bought an Iceburg vest and new Airflow jacket, new Camelback, and newly installed AVCC. I am ready for a ride, With WFO in Eureka last year, I did not get a getaway ride. Motel reservations are made. May as well go and have dinner with FJRay at Aj's on wed night, and see where the Idaho roads take me.

France, its still early, There surely will be a group meeting of some sorts in Idaho Falls, so no need to cancel so quickly..

FWFE

Kind of like an end of a tradition,

or hopefully a transformation to a newer one.

I could not attend due to simple calendar demands - and I APPLAUD those who will still go, meet good peeps, party hearty, and enjoy life.

Hal and team, THANK YOU for all your efforts. I have no clue how many hours are already invested, but I bet the number is huge - and at volunteer wages.

dcarver

Thanks Hal and all. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I was hoping to get my hands on some of those goodies you had lined up!

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.