My Account of the 2011 CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most serious dude at the CFR...

DSC0196-L.jpg
Ray : "PFfft.. my ship is bigger 'n this" :D

Hope you enjoyed this little meander around New Brunswick. It was a great rally and the adventure is not over.
Thanks for taking the time to post up, Bill! Woulda been nice to have been there.

And thanks for not sharing any pictures you may have of beemerdons' ass. That Copper Canyon video still haunts me.

At the first gas stop, Geezer pointed out some advertising for his special regenerative, carbonated prune juice concoction...

DSC0012-L.jpg

Looks like that stuff is a little thick, judging by the look on Greg's face while he's sippin' :lol:
It's the prunes, dude. Gotta be the prunes.

Congrats MEM and to your capable rally organizing team - we sure wish we'd been able to be there.

You had about the only good weather in the whole country from the looks of Bill's pics!

Congrats MEM and to your capable rally organizing team - we sure wish we'd been able to be there.

You had about the only good weather in the whole country from the looks of Bill's pics!
Thank you, Dave

Looking forward to next year's :)

I think I have it fixed up... too many early mornings...

CFR - Day 3, the Ferry Run

Not the kind of fairies you find in California

Here we are on the first ferry of the day crossing over the St John River...

DSC0005-L.jpg

DSC0007-L.jpg

We got down the river to the second crossing point but the ferry was down for repairs so we went into the inn for a coffee break and plan a little bit of re-routing...

DSC0009-L.jpg

At the first gas stop, Geezer pointed out some advertising for his special regenerative, carbonated prune juice concoction...

DSC0012-L.jpg

Ian should have pulled up his pants earlier and we might have made the ferry...

DSC0017-L.jpg

Here we are getting left behind...

DSC0019-L.jpg

A boatload of turtles...

DSC0020-L.jpg

Waiting for the next ferry gave me time to take a few photos of the St. John River shoreline...

DSC0028-L.jpg

Mem & some of the folk waiting on the next ferry...

DSC0029-L.jpg

All loaded up and heading across...

DSC0032-L.jpg

St Martin`s was the lunch stop and there was a great photo op at the covered bridges. Here is our Rally Mistress leading the way...

DSC0049-L.jpg

Charlie, as most improved turtle for the rally was right in tow...

DSC0117-L.jpg

Once again the tide was out and the fishermen were waiting on the tide...

DSC0191-L.jpg

This poor little R6 looks lost in a sea of FJR`s...

DSC0195-L.jpg

The most serious dude at the CFR...

DSC0196-L.jpg

The last ferry before heading back to the wrap-up dinner...

DSC0200-L.jpg

That ends my report on the 2011 CFR. I got to pack now for the Apres Ride on the CAbot Trail and will start a new tread from Baddeck, Cape Breton Island.

Hope you enjoyed this little meander around New Brunswick. It was a great rally and the adventure is not over.