My account of missing the 2011 CFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,

Really sorry to hear about your mishap. You were one of the folks that Joann and I were really hoping to put face to name.

Yeah, unfortunately the cop you met was not really an anomaly. The Mass Staties are a bunch total asshats. Serve and Protect my ass.

It was significant that the impact on your wheel was almost in line with one of the three spokes. Imagine how much more the outside rim would have caved in if the hit was between the spokes. It might have thrown the tire off altogether, which clearly would not have been a good thing. Makes me shiver.

I know that it is hard to envision this as being any kind of a blessing, but I think that you should be really glad that things worked out as well as they did.

Matt,

Really sorry to hear about your mishap. You were one of the folks that Joann and I were really hoping to put face to name.

Yeah, unfortunately the cop you met was not really an anomaly. The Mass Staties a bunch total asshats. Serve and Protect my ass.

It was significant that the impact on your wheel was almost in line with one of the three spokes. Imagine how much more the outside rim would have caved in if the hit was between the spokes. It might have thrown the tire off altogether, which clearly would not have been a good thing. Makes me shiver.

I know that it is hard to envision this as being any kind of a blessing, but I think that you should be really glad that things worked out as well as they did.
You're right about the impact point. I inspected the rim a bit closer today and the casting is cracked (3" long) just beside the spoke. My wife just about passed out when I told what could have happened if the impact was between the spokes.......I should think before speaking next time :blink:

I am absolutely convinced this happened for a reason (not sure what the reason could have been though). After all, it's just a wheel.....and they can be replaced.

I am now awaiting a replacement.....once the postal strike is over.

Major bummer dude. At least you are ok. As for the dealership, well, asshats or not, that rim off the 10 wouldn't have worked on your 03. Different seal diameters and stuff. At lesat I am pretty sure about that.

Don't know if you saw my other post, but I have a set of Gen I non-abs rims available if necessary.
Yeah.....after some research I realized that. I was just ticked they blew me off so fast. Wish I would have seen your post about the rims :huh:

I am absolutely convinced this happened for a reason (not sure what the reason could have been though).
Matt, I'm just trying to look on the bright side here. Reason may have been to prevent you from having to buy FJRPierre's alcohol, like the rest of Rally Rats had to do! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!!!

Last edited by a moderator: