CFR 2011, made it home thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photo-log, and very nice route choices, Bill. Your route across Maine to Rangeley was exactly how we came in from bbdigs.

And riding Rte100 to Rte 17 was a stroke of genius. RTe 17, aka the App Gap is one of the best.

If you liked thge taste of that, then you are gonna love the ride routes we have planned for you at NERDS.

Thanks again for setting up the Aprez. T'was delightful in every way.

As my way of saying thanks, here's a little something you can print out and put up on your wall...

BruinsChampLogo.JPG

:p

Most excellent and very generous, Fred. Knowing Bill as I do, I just know he will have that proudly displayed as a liner for his shop trash can, and if you've seen his trash can, you know it could use a classy touch. Bill, if you need that in various sizes and in superstick reflective vinyl for your saddlebag covers, just let me know.

Most excellent and very generous, Fred. Knowing Bill as I do, I just know he will have that proudly displayed as a liner for his shop trash can, and if you've seen his trash can, you know it could use a classy touch. Bill, if you need that in various sizes and in superstick reflective vinyl for your saddlebag covers, just let me know.
Thank you both for your generous offers. Unfortunately the Bruins Black & Orange clashes with my Habs coloured Snap-On Tool Box in my shop. As for Ray's offer of reflective vinyl for my saddlebags, I hope the Leafs beat the Wings next season :p

Fred you might not have that cup if it weren't for my home town boy Brad Marchand!! (Note my location.) :)

More Bruins fans in Nova Scotia than Canucks fans for sure.

ns-si-bradmarchand.jpg

Hammonds Plains native Brad Marchand

raises the Stanley Cup to a cheering crowd in

the streets of Boston on Saturday during a

parade celebrating the Bruins' championship

win. (Winslow Townson/Associated Press)

Marchand was awesome!

And Bill, rotsa ruck with that..... BTW, I cheer for 3 teams this year, Wings, Bruins and anybody playing the Make Beliefs.

Marchand was awesome!

And Bill, rotsa ruck with that..... BTW, I cheer for 3 teams this year, Wings, Bruins and anybody playing the Make Beliefs.
You're just sucking up to Fred so he doesn't send you down a dirt road at NERDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report!

I love this shot. The curves up ahead, Beemerdons working the bike, and Seth looking around. Great shot.

DSC0012-L.jpg
Thank You for this photo Bill, it's so outstanding; may I use it for our Christmas Card this year, pretty please.

I do agree Mark, we love this shot; sums up a Father and Son having a blast on bikes, great memories for us!

Hey! I know that guy with the glasses!! ;)

Well ain't that just the shits aboot Senior Stanley. :eek:

What the hell am I going to do with the burro I rented?
Amigos: Still slabbing it back to Arizona, hope to be home on Thursday night. Monday night in Mansfield, OH and tonight in Springfield, MO; Gallup, NM tomorrow night and home to Chandler on 6/30. 800 mile days and great riding thoughts of CFR 2011!

Amigos: Still slabbing it back to Arizona, hope to be home on Thursday night. Monday night in Mansfield, OH and tonight in Springfield, MO; Gallup, NM tomorrow night and home to Chandler on 6/30. 800 mile days and great riding thoughts of CFR 2011!
Roger that, Papa! Stay safe

DSC0012-L.jpg

Thank You for this photo Bill, it's so outstanding; may I use it for our Christmas Card this year, pretty please.

I do agree Mark, we love this shot; sums up a Father and Son having a blast on bikes, great memories for us!
You're more than welcome to use the photo. I just think it's funny that Seth couldn't understand why I wasn't leading. The shot turned out better than I could have hoped for given the weather we had just came through.

It's being out on the bike and riding great roads with great friends that has me coming back out for more.

Marchand was awesome!

You're just sucking up to Fred so he doesn't send you down a dirt road at NERDS.
No amount of sucking up is going to prevent that. ;)
The Geezer knows from where he speaks!! :p

But Marchand was a force in the playoffs. I didn't realize that he was your homie, Jude. That's pretty cool. He's got a whole lot of good years ahead of him, no doubt.

It's being out on the bike and riding great roads with great friends that has me coming back out for more.
+110 Bill.

Truer words were never spoken.

Hey, everybody!!

Well, RaYzerman already gave you the account of our journey home via the Gaspé (fabulous ride!!). I just wanted to extend my heartfelt thanks to Mary Ellen and all who helped organize this rally - it was thoroughly enjoyable and provided great riding experience for this noob! This was not only the longest ride I've ever done, it was also my first group ride. I was terrified of slowing everybody down (as Ray will attest to), but all in all, it felt pretty comfortable and I seem to have kept up with the group not too badly (I think? I hope? Rob? Pierre? (Who finally figured out that that "black thing dangling off the back of my bike" was my muffler LOL!!) One thing is for sure: I am still a noob and have much to learn, but am a better rider now than I was a week ago. Mary Ellen, after having you sit on my bike, it occurred to me that I should have sat on your bike, to see how good a fit the lowered FJR would have been for me. Let's make a point of that next time!! :)

More heartfelt thanks and bear hugs go out to Ray who, knowing how inexperienced I was (i.e., knowing full well he was going to have to babysit a new rider) invited me to come participate in this event...and demonstrated nothing but patience, understanding and forbearance throughout the 3,280 km he spent with me. And after all that, he says he can still stand the sight of me! Shucks! (So much for your reputation as a grumpy old man, Ray!! :D )

Anyway, folks, it was an honour and a privilege to meet and ride with you all and I very much hope to cross paths with you again. And yes, that is a GREAT pic of Don and Seth!! :D

Go safely, my friends.

Patty

True the roads and riding were great....but I thought the people sucked!! :p
I tuned up Fred W at CFR...

DSC0036-L.jpg

Do I need to open up a big can of Whoop-Ass on you at NERDS???
Hey Hey!!

Note the full head of luxurious helmet head hair, color matched to both my shirt and pants. And the very excellent looking bike in the back ground, too. :lol:

In retrospect, I'm pretty sure this was a conspiracy. A big set-up...

And here I thought that this was just a little expression of your man-love in appreciation for what my Beloved Bean-town Bruins did to those sorry Canadian teams in the playoffs (Habs and Canucks)

If I had even an inkling that this was anything about whoopin-ass, there would have been a much different outcome.

Something to do with someone's pants around their ankles. :eek: Yeah, that wouldn't have been pretty at all!!

(regardless of whose pants were down)... :p

PS - On a much more serious note, Patty... I thought you were an old hand at group riding. I'd have never guessed. See you again soon Maybe on an FJR? Though I really liked your 'zooki.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucie and I meandered through the Gaspe for a couple of days, and then stopped at her Dad's place south of Montreal. She'll fly on from there, Captain Slow is headed west - in Toronto tonight (had a client meeting), and managed to get here from Montreal without using the 401!

I should be back in the barn sometime next week. Great rally, thanks again to the organizers and the participants. Looking forward to seeing you all again next year.

Griff

Lucie and I meandered through the Gaspe for a couple of days, and then stopped at her Dad's place south of Montreal. She'll fly on from there, Captain Slow is headed west - in Toronto tonight (had a client meeting), and managed to get here from Montreal without using the 401!

I should be back in the barn sometime next week. Great rally, thanks again to the organizers and the participants. Looking forward to seeing you all again next year.

Griff
Safe ride, Jeff!

I think you and Don are the only ones left on the road, now.

Thank you for the update :)