The Offical Apres CFR Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never done it any way but clockwise. I thought there was some kind of rule.

The last time I came down those turns you are talking about, the visibility was about 40 feet and we were slowed way down. I rode in mortal terror of having someone come up behind us and punt us over the side.

Yes Fred, the water on the right was the tipoff. OTOH, crafty, sly people can shoot over their shoulder, just to confuse old people. Bet the water pictures were from the eastern side of the trail.

Oh wait, I've got it! If you do it anticlockwise, the distillery is at the end of the ride.

Dan

OK, somebody is holding out on us.

Where's the Beef Meat Cove Photos??

I had my heart set on going to Meat Cove and would have got my own shots but alas circumstances precluded me from making the side trip. Well on the bright side I now have a good reason to go back and ride the Cabot Trail again. I'll get it right yet.

I know at least some of Scott's group made the trip to Meat Cove but since Scott rides faster than the speed of light it was not possible for the photons to overcome the event horizon and make it all the way to the camera sensor.

I'm really hoping someone will post up since the weather was just about perfect and the views would have been awesome.
Here are a couple I snapped at Meat Cove.

The view on the way in.

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

Two German guys on GS 650's Cooking lobster they caught that day.

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

Jeff's right! (I had to look at a map to be sure).

Those spectacular water-side roads were after (I missed the turn to) Meat Cove and before Cheticamp, going CCW.

That is indeed the West side of the island!!

Those Meat Cove photos are breaking my heart. That place is still on my Bucket List.

There's just one thing I don't understand. When I mentioned Meat Cove early on there was one individual that stated in no way was he going to take a rented AE into Meat Cove.

At the time of this discussion the AE was getting no love from this Calgary Cowboy so my question is ...

WHAT HAPPENED???

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic photography by everyone, we're really enjoying these pictures!

The Stanley Boys will never forget our Cabot Trail Ride; MEMORABLE!

Last edited by a moderator:
"There's just one thing I don't understand. When I mentioned Meat Cove early on there was one individual that stated in no way was he going to take a rented AE into Meat Cove.

At the time of this discussion the AE was getting no love from this Calgary Cowboy so my question is ...

WHAT HAPPENED??? "

The run to Meat Cove didn't seem to be an issue. The problems began after switching back to a little BMW that apparently needed the clutch pulled in when making an aggressive stop............. :lol: I wish I had that one on video.

The black mark is still there. :p

Canadian FJR