The Void 6

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello Kitty

Reaction score
The Void 6 will be held once again in October. There are two formats. First, you can chose the 10 hour format which starts and ends in Lynchburg, VA. The other option is the '24 hour' (I think it's a bit more than 24, but you get the idea). There are remote starts for that version. It's really pretty cool to do the remote starts. There's 3 locations, okay shoot me I didn't write them down, and you get a receipt to show that you were in the correct city at the correct time. There's a 20 minute window where you need to start the event. Your required finish time (before penalties or DNF) is based on your start time. (If that's too confusing, tell me, I'll try and explain better...)

Everyone finishes in Lynchburg and good times are had by all.

Though I am a Plank Owner, I am not one of the rally organizers. Just a happy rider who has been to every single Void so far! But I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have from a rider's perspective!

Come on out and join us.

I will be running the 10 hour this year on a Yamaha. :)

rallythevoid.org

The Void 6 will be held once again in October. There are two formats. First, you can chose the 10 hour format which starts and ends in Lynchburg, VA. The other option is the '24 hour' (I think it's a bit more than 24, but you get the idea). There are remote starts for that version. It's really pretty cool to do the remote starts. There's 3 locations, okay shoot me I didn't write them down, and you get a receipt to show that you were in the correct city at the correct time. There's a 20 minute window where you need to start the event. Your required finish time (before penalties or DNF) is based on your start time. (If that's too confusing, tell me, I'll try and explain better...)

Everyone finishes in Lynchburg and good times are had by all.

Though I am a Plank Owner, I am not one of the rally organizers. Just a happy rider who has been to every single Void so far! But I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have from a rider's perspective!

Come on out and join us.

I will be running the 10 hour this year on a Yamaha. :)

rallythevoid.org

HI HK,

I just signed up for the 24 hr leaving from Albany, GA. I saw that you were on the list as well.

My 2nd rally ever, looking forward to it!

I will be doing the 24h rally out of Lebanon, PA. Heard some great stories regarding The Void, so really looking forward to this one.

This will be rally #3 for me, having taken part in the last two MD 20/20 events! which were a great learning experience for this rally noob.

I'm In...

Starting from the Clarksville TN location.

See you at the finish. Scott never fails to entertain.

-MD

I would love to participate in the Void. Unfortunately, it is always scheduled on the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday weekend. I have a very understanding wife who accepts my LD rally passion.... but there is no way I can miss the family Thanksgiving Dinner!

Wishing all those that participate a great weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'll be there too. Doing the 10 hour this time. Hope to see more FJRs there! Good luck to the newer guys, if you have questions that you don't want to ask in the yahoo group, feel free to ask me!

If you're not joined up in the yahoo group, I strongly suggest that you do. That is the official source for rally master information. Especially after your 24 hr rallypacks come out, there will be lots of information (questions from other riders) that are answered there. Remember, however, that you should only accept answers from Scott or Gary as gospel. There's a fair bit of joksters over there.

Yes, I'll be there too. Doing the 10 hour this time. Hope to see more FJRs there! Good luck to the newer guys, if you have questions that you don't want to ask in the yahoo group, feel free to ask me!

If you're not joined up in the yahoo group, I strongly suggest that you do. That is the official source for rally master information. Especially after your 24 hr rallypacks come out, there will be lots of information (questions from other riders) that are answered there. Remember, however, that you should only accept answers from Scott or Gary as gospel. There's a fair bit of joksters over there.
Thanks HK! If I figure out what it is I don't know, I'll take you up on the offer of advice!

:lol: Yeah, that's often the problem. When you don't know what you don't know, you don't know what to ask!

If you figure it out, let me know!

I remember my first rally, The Void's first running actually, I made several assumptions that were completely incorrect. It was when I talked to Elsie Smith about what I was thinking, that she told me the real story. Looking back, I laugh at myself.

Scott and Gary are great guys and put on a fun event, just remember that you need to be having fun. When you're not, stop, reevaluate, continue having fun. I need to remember my own advice sometimes. Okay, often.

:lol: Yeah, that's often the problem. When you don't know what you don't know, you don't know what to ask!

If you figure it out, let me know!

I remember my first rally, The Void's first running actually, I made several assumptions that were completely incorrect. It was when I talked to Elsie Smith about what I was thinking, that she told me the real story. Looking back, I laugh at myself.

Scott and Gary are great guys and put on a fun event, just remember that you need to be having fun. When you're not, stop, reevaluate, continue having fun. I need to remember my own advice sometimes. Okay, often.
LOL the phrase comes to mind "I don't enough to know what I don't know!"

Yes, my main goal is to have fun so I know I won't be disappointed. The only way to know more is to participate, and that's what I'm trying to do. See you there!

Okay ladies, The Void is upon us this weekend. I have a really great route planned. A whopping 275 miles. If I get a wild hair up my ass, I'll do 325 :lol: This will be a flower sniffing event for me.

P.S. Perry, Thanksgiving weekend is no excuse. That just means you don't have to take time off from work :)

I got my rally pack and dang if I know my route yet. I see double points after the ODO check, so trying to see how that can figure in. I'm starting from Albany, GA.

Oh well, I won't set any records or threaten the top runners, but would like to have a decent finish and learn just a little bit more about routing and general rally fun!

See you there!

I got my rally pack last night and quickly realized today would be completely unproductive...except for rally prep.

See you in Lynchburg, ride safe!

P.S. Perry, Thanksgiving weekend is no excuse. That just means you don't have to take time off from work :)
Kitty.... you are absolutely right.... so tonight I told my wife, family and relatives from Texas that I would be riding this weekend rather than spending time with family over a turkey dinner. They took it much better than I thought they would. BTW: Does anyone have know where I can find an apartment by next week?

To all participating this weekend, have fun and ride safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great weekend. Some awesome roads, weather almost perfect except for the early morning Kentucky fog, and a fantastic bunch of people, both riders and staff. The rumors are now confirmed that Scott, Gary and the crew put on a tremendous event, and I enjoyed myself immensley.

Yes, what a great weekend.

Congrats to Ashley Knight who killed it from the Clarksburg starting location. Great ride Ashley!

My ride report is here:

https://www.dishers.com/2011/10/10/the-void-6-2011-edition

We made the best of the weekend and honestly, probably enjoyed this ride more than a few others.

We are now members of the Top of the Bell Curve Rally team!

3387084.jpg

I need to do Squeezer justice and order up a shirt :)

-MD

Great ride this weekend! I did OK albeit I learned a good lesson about reading comprehension!

It was good to see some folks I knew, and meet more that I will next time!

Latest posts