Colorado FJR owners. Where are you?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone up for something Sunday morning or Monday..............
Hey dingo, I'm about 14 miles North of you outside of Nunn. I ride thru Eaton on my FJR everyday to and from work in Greeley. As far as Sunday and Monday, I will be up in the hills on this ride: https://www.fjrforum....howtopic=140107 . So unless you want to travel a bit I guess I'm out. We should definitely get a ride put together here shortly though with some Coloradoans as this summer is just going by way too quick.

Sounds like a plan, and do you drive a silver FJR by chance, I see one almost every day heading north on HWY 85.

That would be me! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Haven't ridden this week unfortunately. The Feej is getting new shoes for this weekends trip, 3rd set since March, sheesh!

Another Colorado member checking in. Truth is I have not been on the forum much since NAFO in 2008. Between work and a remodeling project, I have not found time for it. However, we have still found time to ride. We just returned from a 4000 mile loop through the NW. It was a great adventure, 18 days, 8 states, one province, 3 ferry rides, 2 family reunions, one wedding, and great weather too.

My wife and I have a matched pair 2007's. We would enjoy meeting up with other Colorado FJR owners.

John

Anyone up for something Sunday morning or Monday..............
Hey dingo, I'm about 14 miles North of you outside of Nunn. I ride thru Eaton on my FJR everyday to and from work in Greeley. As far as Sunday and Monday, I will be up in the hills on this ride: https://www.fjrforum....howtopic=140107 . So unless you want to travel a bit I guess I'm out. We should definitely get a ride put together here shortly though with some Coloradoans as this summer is just going by way too quick.

Sounds like a plan, and do you drive a silver FJR by chance, I see one almost every day heading north on HWY 85.

That would be me! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Haven't ridden this week unfortunately. The Feej is getting new shoes for this weekends trip, 3rd set since March, sheesh!

Dude, that is funny I have seen you at least 5 times over the last 2 months. I had a silver 03, but now have an 06AE, 3 sets of tire, wow you have been riding alot. We should get something going. We should setup a meet before the weather turns south.

Big John- great to have you check in. We should all meet up sometime, I rather meet up local then have to drive all the way to taos, NM to meet another fjr RIDER.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rather meet up local then have to drive all the way to taos, NM...
I feel bad for your FJR. :p
Oh don't get me wrong, My FJR keeps bugging and pestering me to do SW-Fog this year, but i dont think ill be able to. I was just hoping I could find some local friends for him to cause hell and discontent. :)

My new FJR is much more of a trouble maker than the 03, my wife says its a bad influence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Newt et al, I appreciate you bringing this issue up. After many attempts to connect with folks in the Denver - northern CO area I fianlly gave up. There just doesn't seem to be any interest at all in getting together with other FJR riders. It's a shame because there is so much great riding to be done in this area of the country. I know the Harley groups go above and beyond to keep their folks connected but the FJR bunch just doesn't seem to have the desire to ride. Lots of activity on Adventure Riders and others but the FJR forum seems to be either uninterested or too 'cliquish' to go for it. Just my humble option...
Hey Dan (and any others in the Denver Metro area)

I only stop by here occaisionally. Always looking for other FJR riders to go play. I ride with a couple guys who ride Beemers, Ducs and Connies. Went for an incredible ride yesterday and today. Beautiful weather and awesome roads.

Let's ride!

Thom Corrigan

Highlands Ranch, CO

2010 FJR Liquid Silver

How about us front range FJR riders get together for a saturday morning ride around Memorial Day weekend? Give us a chance to say hello, plan some rides, and something to look forward to. I live in Louisville. Not sure why I don't appear as a member on Newt's list.

Chris

Another Colorado member checking in. Truth is I have not been on the forum much since NAFO in 2008. Between work and a remodeling project, I have not found time for it. However, we have still found time to ride. We just returned from a 4000 mile loop through the NW. It was a great adventure, 18 days, 8 states, one province, 3 ferry rides, 2 family reunions, one wedding, and great weather too.

My wife and I have a matched pair 2007's. We would enjoy meeting up with other Colorado FJR owners.

John
Would love to go out on a ride this Spring with you and your wife. Maybe get some other Feejers to join us.

Chris

Denver area FJR riders: (as well as other riders) (Showin' the love to all who ride) -It looks like I'll be riding over to Miller Motorsports Park this Memorial Day weekend for the World Superbike races. If anyone would like to join in contact me. I'll go across Rt40 all the way to SLC on Friday and come back Monday.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I don't think I'll be able to make it out there this year, but I did take the pilgrimage to Tooele the past two years and had fun each year.

Another event you might want to consider is being held in our proverbial backyard this year! SW-FOG 2012 will be held in Salida, CO, and I'm currently trying to figure out what dates to have it. Check out this thread to make your vote! https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=142886&pid=927494&st=20entry927494

Some more information can be found on the website: https://www.sw-fog.com

Hi Chris,

I don't think I'll be able to make it out there this year, but I did take the pilgrimage to Tooele the past two years and had fun each year.

Another event you might want to consider is being held in our proverbial backyard this year! SW-FOG 2012 will be held in Salida, CO, and I'm currently trying to figure out what dates to have it. Check out this thread to make your vote! https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=142886&pid=927494&st=20entry927494

Some more information can be found on the website: https://www.sw-fog.com
Thanks for taking the reins with the organization of the SW-FOG. I voted and hope to attend. I did go ahead and register for the event. I hope some Forum members from the Denver area can show up in Salida. It would be great to form a ride group. Sorry you cannot make the WSB in SLC. I work in/on the hot pit inspecting tires. Fun to be in on the action.

Chris

I'm in Highlands Ranch. I bought DaveT's bike last spring.

Let me know if there's going to be ride's coming up. I would like to meet up.

May try to make a part of of the SW-Fog get together this summer.

I'm in Highlands Ranch. I bought DaveT's bike last spring.

Let me know if there's going to be ride's coming up. I would like to meet up.

May try to make a part of of the SW-Fog get together this summer.
I'm in Louisville. Usually don't think about riding until April. Too big of a hassle to unpack and pack the bike in its storage. But, come 4/1 let's ride. Let's get some feejer riders out for some spring/summer rides. This Colorado group has been hibernating too long.

Chris

Checking in from the San Juans, still snowing. I am hoping to jailbreak the bikes in April but if this year is like last year, it will be May before I can ride to someplace warm, like Utah or AZ. Salida is great, hope to make this event.

Hello fellow Colorado FJR owners, I am located in Del Norte, Co. Just broke the bike out this week, little cool in the mornings but beats driving the cage!

Regards,

Cliver

Colorado riders - I"m definitely heading over to the WSB in SLC Memorial Day weekend. If anyone would like to ride over I"ll be leaving on that Friday morning and returning Monday

Chris.

Colorado riders - I"m definitely heading over to the WSB in SLC Memorial Day weekend. If anyone would like to ride over I"ll be leaving on that Friday morning and returning Monday

Chris.
I'm in... Miller here I come! Got race tickets, now need to figure out hotel. Any one have any hotel tips?

Chris.
I'm in... Miller here I come! Got race tickets, now need to figure out hotel. Any one have any hotel tips?
I'll check with my Brother-in-law. He spends a lot of time out at Miller Motorsports Park. He may have an idea or two.

Chris

Chris.
I'll check with my Brother-in-law. He spends a lot of time out at Miller Motorsports Park. He may have an idea or two.

Chris

Chris.
I've always stayed in downtown SLC...lots of good restaurants, etc within walking distance. One year I stayed at the Homewood Suites (downtown), and another year, at the Sheraton (I used hotel points accumulated from business trips both years, hence the hotel "brand" choices). The Homewood Suites had a parking garage, while the Sheraton had regular, open parking. Neither place allowed for visual sight of the bikes from the hotel room. Obviously it would be impossible with the parking garage, but I suppose if you requested a room facing a parking lot at the Sheraton, you could strategically park accordingly.

P.S. Check out Squatters Pub and Beers!

Latest posts