Colorado FJR owners. Where are you?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1300AE

Reaction score
Hello,

I am located by DIA, CO (Denver International Airport AKA: DIA). I am wondering If there are any rides or events planned before the summer ends.

Does anybody knows cool bike routes here in Colorado? I have no sense of direction therefore Mapquest and Zumo550 is what I use :blink: .

There is a fair amount of Colorado FJR owners in this forum. Below are the ones that I've seen in threads so far.

Me :clapping: 1300AE - DIA, CO

phroenips - Colorado Springs, CO

1FJR - Granby, CO

rublenoon - CO

John H - Denver, CO

biggjohn - Longmont, CO

TellurideFJR - Telluride, CO

DaveT - Woodland Park

BobG - Grand Junction, CO

dingofarmer - northern colorado

BackintheSaddle - Falcon, CO

bvail - Thornton, CO

Stickman - Denver, CO

Hawk Pilot - Broomfield, CO

typ0 - Woodland Park, CO

CRMH Eagle - Conifer, CO

n7myr - Colorado Springs

HOBBES - Denver, CO

scubatech - Littleton, CO

oscar.45 - Firestone, Colorado

Thanks,

Newt.

Hello,

I am located by DIA, CO (Denver International Airport AKA: DIA). I am wondering If there are any rides or events planned before the summer ends.

Does anybody knows cool bike routes here in Colorado? I have no sense of direction therefore Mapquest and Zumo550 is what I use :blink: .

There is a fair amount of Colorado FJR owners in this forum. Below are the ones that I've seen in threads so far.

1FJR - Granby, CO

rublenoon - CO

John H - Denver, CO

biggjohn - Longmont, CO

DaveT - Woodland Park

bvail - Thornton, CO

Stickman - Denver, CO

typ0 - Woodland Park, CO

CRMH Eagle - Conifer, CO

n7myr - Colorado Springs

HOBBES - Denver, CO

Thanks,

Newt.

Hey buddy, there must be some underground FJR club in Co. I see so many, but little activity. THere are so many good routes, peak to peak and pudre are great, Im heading out to cali next week for motogp/long ride, but would enjoy some rides when I return.

I'll be passing through on teh 19th on the way East. So far the itinerary is to travel from Sacramento to Cedar City on 7/16, then Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, and overnight in Mesa Verde. 7/18 takes us through Durango, Silverton to Salida, the on east on US50 to Ocean City MD at whatever pace suits us. You have 'almost' as nice riding as we do. :p

My riding partner for the trip is on a highly modified Harley Sportster. You can't miss us. The contrast is amazing.

Hello,

1FJR - Granby, CO

rublenoon - CO

John H - Denver, CO

biggjohn - Longmont, CO

DaveT - Woodland Park

bvail - Thornton, CO

Stickman - Denver, CO

typ0 - Woodland Park, CO

CRMH Eagle - Conifer, CO

n7myr - Colorado Springs

HOBBES - Denver, CO

Thanks,

Newt.

Hey buddy, there must be some underground FJR club in Co. I see so many, but little activity. THere are so many good routes, peak to peak and pudre are great, Im heading out to cali next week for motogp/long ride, but would enjoy some rides when I return.

I don't know the reason why the FJR Colorado owners are so mysterious :p . Plz, lets start an investigation.

I'll be passing through on teh 19th on the way East. So far the itinerary is to travel from Sacramento to Cedar City on 7/16, then Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, and overnight in Mesa Verde. 7/18 takes us through Durango, Silverton to Salida, the on east on US50 to Ocean City MD at whatever pace suits us. You have 'almost' as nice riding as we do. :p

My riding partner for the trip is on a highly modified Harley Sportster. You can't miss us. The contrast is amazing.

Shoot me a PM when you pass by Colorado. You can maybe teach me a thing or two. I have no riding skills what so ever :dribble: .

Best regards,

Newt.

Checking in! And speaking of good routes... just got back from a sweet 300 mile loop. Denver north to Ft Collins, Poudre Canyon west all the way to Walden, then south through Winter Park and back. Man, I gotta upgrade that seat!

Last edited by a moderator:
I also know of spoilsport in Denver, Mohawk in Colorado Springs, and COSFJR in Colorado Springs :)

I hosted a tech day several months ago, but got little to no response. I'd be willing to host another, but probably later in the year....I'm too busy riding right now (not just the FJR, but my new WR250R as well).

I've been thinking about organizing a group ride down to SW-FOG in September as well. I'll make a separate posting in the SW-FOG sub-forum.

Checking in! And speaking of good routes... just got back from a sweet 300 mile loop. Denver north to Ft Collins, Poudre Canyon west all the way to Walden, then south through Winter Park and back. Man, I gotta upgrade that seat!

Wow, You had a cool ride. I got myself an AirHawk motorcycle seat cushion - Medium Cruiser and it really helps my fat a..

This morning I ordered the Hyperpro progressive springs combi kit. I'm going to get it install as soon as I get it.

My bike handles like a school bus at the moment. Probably doesn't help the fact that I am not a skill rider.

Thanks for checking in. We should go for a ride one of this days.

I also know of spoilsport in Denver, Mohawk in Colorado Springs, and COSFJR in Colorado Springs :)

I hosted a tech day several months ago, but got little to no response. I'd be willing to host another, but probably later in the year....I'm too busy riding right now (not just the FJR, but my new WR250R as well).

I've been thinking about organizing a group ride down to SW-FOG in September as well. I'll make a separate posting in the SW-FOG sub-forum.

I understand. We've been having so much rain, that we need to enjoy every minute of clear sky.

Plz, PM me when the tech day is on your schedule.

My in-laws are in the Springs and I am at DIA.

Thanks for checking in.

Best regards,

Newt.

Hello from Northern Colorado, I live in the sticks about 20 minutes Northeast of Fort Collins. Always up for a ride on the weekends. Actually riding tomorrow if anyone wants to tag along. Meeting in Lyons at 9am. Post up if you want more details.

Missed out on the tech day-haven't been paying attention to this sub-forum for awhile. Try to make the next one forsure.

Good morning Newt et al, I appreciate you bringing this issue up. After many attempts to connect with folks in the Denver - northern CO area I fianlly gave up. There just doesn't seem to be any interest at all in getting together with other FJR riders. It's a shame because there is so much great riding to be done in this area of the country. I know the Harley groups go above and beyond to keep their folks connected but the FJR bunch just doesn't seem to have the desire to ride. Lots of activity on Adventure Riders and others but the FJR forum seems to be either uninterested or too 'cliquish' to go for it. Just my humble option...

Holy cow Dan!! Need a hug? I'm always up for a ride on the weekends. Hit me up sometime and we can go play in the hills!

As far comparing the forum to the Rockies forum on ADVrider... you have to realize that is for all bikes. This is a pretty specific forum. As we discovered in this thread, only about 20 of us locally. Check out STN, it seems to have a more active regional forum and I've been on a few group rides and always had fun with good people.

Well I live in Eaton and just traded up my 03 for an 06, I'm happy to go for a ride soon. There is just not alot of Colorado activity on this forum. It would be cool to meet up in northern colorado for a motogp race or something to kick things off. Send me a PM if interested.

Wow, You had a cool ride. I got myself an AirHawk motorcycle seat cushion - Medium Cruiser and it really helps my fat a..

This morning I ordered the Hyperpro progressive springs combi kit. I'm going to get it install as soon as I get it.

My bike handles like a school bus at the moment. Probably doesn't help the fact that I am not a skill rider.

Thanks for checking in. We should go for a ride one of this days.

Just got back from Laguna, and the air hawk made two over 600 mile days in a row a pleasure, compared to the ride out. and at 80.00, I think it was money well spent..

Anyone up for something Sunday morning or Monday..............

Hey dingo, I'm about 14 miles North of you outside of Nunn. I ride thru Eaton on my FJR everyday to and from work in Greeley. As far as Sunday and Monday, I will be up in the hills on this ride: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=140107 . So unless you want to travel a bit I guess I'm out. We should definitely get a ride put together here shortly though with some Coloradoans as this summer is just going by way too quick.

Hey dingo, I'm about 14 miles North of you outside of Nunn. I ride thru Eaton on my FJR everyday to and from work in Greeley. As far as Sunday and Monday, I will be up in the hills on this ride: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=140107 . So unless you want to travel a bit I guess I'm out. We should definitely get a ride put together here shortly though with some Coloradoans as this summer is just going by way too quick.

Sounds like a plan, and do you drive a silver FJR by chance, I see one almost every day heading north on HWY 85.

Last edited by a moderator: