NAFO at CFR2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HYCLE

Hooligan #2
Reaction score
I need to ask for time off way in advance with this new job. Can someone post up the date and location, or direct me to correct thread.

I need to ask for time off way in advance with this new job. Can someone post up the date and location, or direct me to correct thread.
email Jeff directly. I'll pm you his addy

Ohhhhh sure.... :blink: So what you are really saying is it isn't ready for public to know? Just the choice few? :lol: hint hint hint

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know nuffin, just who is running it. my guess is beemerdons knows more than any of the rest of us

i don't know nuffin, just who is running it. my guess is beemerdons knows more than any of the rest of us
Beautiful Bouncing Barb: Actually Sweetie, Mr. Jeff C., aka FJRGuy, formally announced to the assembled Mooks at the Final Banquet at CFR 2011 in Freddy Beach that the Official dates of NAFO / CFR 2012 were going to be June 21 through June 24; a Thursday through Sunday.

Reason for this is that many of the New Brunswick FJR multitude are planning a run up to Alaska right after NAFO / CFR 2012. Don and Seth Stanley, along with Steve and Justin Jorstin, are riding up to Fairbanks together. Since booking passage for ourselves and our bikes six months in advance is necessary on the Alaska Marine Highway, the announcement was made as early as possible.

Alaska Ferries System announces their 2012 schedule on January 1 and I plan to immediately book the four of us from Skagway, AK to Bellingham, WA! https://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/index.shtml

Beautiful Bouncing Barb: Actually Sweetie, Mr. Jeff C., aka FJRGuy, formally announced to the assembled Mooks at the Final Banquet at CFR 2011 in Freddy Beach that the Official dates of NAFO / CFR 2012 were going to be June 21 through June 24; a Thursday through Sunday.

Reason for this is that many of the New Brunswick FJR multitude are planning a run up to Alaska right after NAFO / CFR 2012. Don and Seth Stanley, along with Steve and Justin Jorstin, are riding up to Fairbanks together. Since booking passage for ourselves and our bikes six months in advance is necessary on the Alaska Marine Highway, the announcement was made as early as possible. Alaska Ferries System announces their 2012 schedule on January 1 and I plan to immediately book the four of us from Skagway, AK to Bellingham, WA!
She might not know nuffin, but she's a darn good guesser, huh?

:)

Reason for this is that many of the New Brunswick FJR multitude are planning a run up to Alaska right after NAFO / CFR 2012. Don and Seth Stanley, along with Steve and Justin Jorstin, are riding up to Fairbanks together. Since booking passage for ourselves and our bikes six months in advance is necessary on the Alaska Marine Highway, the announcement was made as early as possible.

Alaska Ferries System announces their 2012 schedule on January 1 and I plan to immediately book the four of us from Skagway, AK to Bellingham, WA! https://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/index.shtml
So have they announced the location yet or just the dates? I assume that it will be western Canada, maybe :huh:

So have they announced the location yet or just the dates? I assume that it will be western Canada, maybe :huh:
Hola Senor Ricardo, con mucho gusto: JeffC/FJRGuy also named the location, it is Castlegar, British Columbia.

The lodgings have not been finalized yet: TO BE ANNOUNCED! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlegar,_British_Columbia

Hola Senor Ricardo, con mucho gusto: JeffC/FJRGuy also named the location, it is Castlegar, British Columbia.

The lodgings have not been finalized yet: TO BE ANNOUNCED! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlegar,_British_Columbia
Thank you Don.

Castlegar!? Excellent!

Aw yes.. Castlegar, home of the big breasted Hotel night manager and the black rooster. I'll be there for sure.

Aw yes.. Castlegar, home of the big breasted Hotel night manager and the black rooster. I'll be there for sure.
Is it "THE" big black rooster?

The dates should prove to be perfect for us. janet and I are going to plan a cross country trip next year. We will put NAFO right in the middle of it.

Bungie, Jeff C. will have to send these two a "reminder" private message! They were both dead drunk when FJRGuy made the Castlegar announcement! jes' sayin'!

IMG_1389.jpg

Don,

We sure hope the rally will not be in Castlegar becaurse they only have 2 accomodations in town, Super 8 and Quality Inn. Not the quality and capacity required for a rally.

Just a couple of comments.... IF one was at the CFR this year I guess one might have heard.

The other is if it is where it is suggested (Castlegar)one should say so, so some of us can start planning. As for the only couple of places in town I have to say.... maybe

You see I have some of my own planning to figure out here. Hence the need to know for the many and not the few.

If there is going to be an extension of the ride into Alaska I will be more than happy to help coordinate the Alaska side of things.

My handle says Ric in Sac but it is really Ric in AK. I tried to change it but apparently committed a forum felony doing so :rolleyes:

Don,

We sure hope the rally will not be in Castlegar becaurse they only have 2 dives accomodations in town, Super 8 and Quality Inn. Not the quality and capacity required for a rally.
Since Cali is broke you must only be getting Google Lite in LaLa Land. A quick search on Google up here in the Great White North came up with 8 locations. Some even have bathrooms so you don't have to share the outhouse with the grizzly bears.

If there is going to be an extension of the ride into Alaska I will be more than happy to help coordinate the Alaska side of things.

My handle says Ric in Sac but it is really Ric in AK. I tried to change it but apparently committed a forum felony doing so :rolleyes:
Thank You Ric, The Jorstin Boys and the Stanley Boys will take you up on your kind offer of assistance. I worked and lived in Alaska for five years in the mid eighties, but nothing beats current and local information about riding Alaska.

I will be laying out the route we two Father-Son teams will be taking to Alaska and then onto the ferry dock at Skagway and I will post it up here in January. Any recommendations you give will be heeded and listened to, Many Thanks!

Don,

We sure hope the rally will not be in Castlegar becaurse they only have 2 dives accomodations in town, Super 8 and Quality Inn. Not the quality and capacity required for a rally.
Since Cali is broke you must be oly be getting Google Lite in LaLa Land. A quick search on Google up here in the Great White North came up with 8 locations. Some even have bathrooms so you don't have to share the outhouse with the grizzly bears.
Dear Ed and Jacquie, yamafitter - Bill F. is correct, Castlegar could handle a NAFO / CFR with no problems. In June of 2009 Seth and I passed through Castlegar coming and going to Nakusp, British Columbia for CFR and we certainly saw more than 2 lodgings. Like yamafitter says, I would say there are at least 8 locations.

Just a couple of comments.... IF one was at the CFR this year I guess one might have heard.

The other is if it is where it is suggested (Castlegar)one should say so, so some of us can start planning. As for the only couple of places in town I have to say.... maybe

You see I have some of my own planning to figure out here. Hence the need to know for the many and not the few.
Hi Tom, I have Jeff C.'s personal e-mail, so I sent the letter below to FJR Guy just a minute ago; I also copied Bill F. - yamafitter and Mary Ellen - MEM with my letter. I know Jeff is very busy, but hopefully he can soon respond to HYCLE's thread here.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=139643&pid=883639&st=0entry883639

Good Morning Jeff,

There is now a thread under NAFO started by HYCLE: Mike - HYCLE and Tom - Huron52 are looking for Confirmation of Castlegar and dates of June 21-24 for NAFO / CFR 2012. I had related to Mike your announcement of NAFO / CFR 2012 at CFR 2011 Fredericton, New Brunswick Rally. I know you are busy, but it appears that Tom and Mike have to make their plans now due to work and other commitments. So, if you could add your comments to this thread, it would probably make planning easier for those folks.

Once again, it was a pleasure to see and ride with You and Your Lady in the Canadian Maritime Provinces. Thanks again for your hard work on CFR, I love riding up to CFR!

Sincerely yours,

Don Stanley

1061 N. Amber St.

Chandler, AZ 85225

Cell: 480-440-4666

Latest posts